• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM Enemy Unknown coming to Vita soon?

Magwik

Banned
Found this on Reddit:
59c8191276b581eb045c4a251e5a8691.png

This listing is real too: http://www.tesco.com/direct/xcom-en...dition/240-0299.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=240-0299
Anyone heard anything? Also is Tesco reliable when it comes to pre-orders?
Probably a mistake considering the PC box art

illusionary

I'm pretty sure that it'll just be the PC version, as per the image. The "Complete Edition" was released on PC on 7 March, which ties in with the release date shown there (Tesco being a UK site).

I'd certainly be tempted if it were to come to Vita, though!

Takao

Banned
A certain disgraced forum insider told me months ago that Sony were looking at more 2K Games than just Borderlands to bring to Vita. But that listing is clearly a mistake.

Wace

Day 1

I would agree to PS4 remake with remote play (which is perfect for turn-based games), but Vita version is even better.

MattyG

Banned
Maybe Sony is doing another deal like with BL2 (they'll publish it and pay to have it ported)? It seems odd that they'd decide to do that again before they even know how BL2 is going to do though. I'm gonna have to err on the side of caution and go with "mistake" on this one.

How is the ios version? Is it the same exact game as the PC with just worse graphics and touch controls? Probably a mistake but it would be awesome if true.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, it's in stock, has a release date that's already long gone and displays the PC box art.

1/4 pointing to a Vita release is better than nothing I guess.

Jamix012

Yeah this is clearly just an error. It's been over 2 months since this was supposed to be released and is "in stock"? Nah.

Between this and Borderlands 2, I'm starting to wonder if the UDK 3 just got a "Compile to Vita" update, and now were gonna start seeing a huge glut of ports like this. (Mass Effect, Bioshock, Batman......)

I know this was requested a lot for a Vita port. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's true, or happens in the future. It's a really fun game, but it's VERY difficult. I can't even do the easiest difficulty.

I'd buy this.

I guess the Borderlands 2 port was actually of some importance.

Maybe Sony/2K are seeing encouraging preorder #'s and deciding more wares might work on Vita.

nampad

Should have been Civilization 5+Addons (or even the new one) if this is true but beggars can't be choosers I guess.
Haven't played the game yet so I am definitely interested.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Unreal Engine on Vita so far has been pretty bad. I would not be looking forward for this.

MK was good, Injustice could have been decent if Amature didn't fuck up on the framerate, and we still don't know how BL2 will turn out till Tuesday.

The_Monk

I think this is a great fit for the Vita, to be honest.

Hope it's true, played and loved XCOM EU on PC but never tried the Expansion/DLC.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
There's no excuse for this to not happen unless Take-Two simply doesn't like getting free money.
Yeah, but how much, free money? Min/maxing.
Unreal Engine on Vita so far has been pretty bad. I would not be looking forward for this.
Unreal Engine is Real Boxing. And that game looks fantastic. Which games are you talking about I want to know.

Agent X

The opening of Smart As indicates that it's using Unreal Engine, and that game has solid performance. It's a good looking game (considering the genre), but at the same time it's not graphically demanding.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Although it hit 60 fps, every asset took a massive downgrade, and it's still running at sub-native resolution.

I heard nothing but bad things about Borderlands 2. MK might have run decently but looked terrible.

MK may have looked somewhat bad but the smooth framerate and the netcode actually being better than the console version made it a good port. Plus it was only the characters that looked bad while the backgrounds were pretty decent.

BL2 impressions started off bad at first but then with updated builds that Colin and Playstation Blog played sounded better besides the drop down to 2P co-op only.

Socky

God this would be perfect. I already own both on PC, but this would never leave my Vita. Yes please Commander.

Top Bottom