• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM Enemy Unknown coming to Vita soon?

The Magic 8-Ball says........

False.

This listing is obviously an error, but I personally wouldn't rule out a port down the line.

18-Volt

Oh, come on 2K make it real. Playing this on the go (with buttons) exactly what I need.

While you at it, bring Civilization Beyond Earth, NBA 2K and WWE 2K to Vita too. If somebody can save the Vita, it's 2K.

I'm resistant to believe this as it kinda looks like a mistake on Tesco's part, but it would be awesome if true. I already have the game for free via PS+, but I've not played it yet and, honestly, I'd probably buy it on Vita just because the Vita is awesome and I support Sony/Take Two bringing good games to the Vita.

Freeman

Banned
Don't do this to me OP, my body is not ready.

This is one step closer to Civilization Vita and after that there won't be a need for new games to be made anymore.

Probably not true, but it brings up a good question...why don't these companies release quick Vita ports of certain games that are already designed for touchscreen functionality?

For example, I'd buy certain Square Enix games like Final Fantasy Dimensions or Demons' Score if they got Vita ports, because the bigger screen would make the latter easier to play, and the physical controls on the former would ensure that I actually DO play it.

Maybe it's just a question of expense? Seems like they're leaving money on the table, but I don't know.

Probably not true, but it brings up a good question...why don't these companies release quick Vita ports of certain games that are already designed for touchscreen functionality?

For example, I'd buy certain Square Enix games like Final Fantasy Dimensions or Demons' Score if they got Vita ports, because the bigger screen would make the latter easier to play, and the physical controls on the former would ensure that I actually DO play it.

Maybe it's just a question of expense? Seems like they're leaving money on the table, but I don't know.
Good question; I've been banging on about this for a while. All I can think of is these iOS/Droid games from the big publishers come from separate mobile departments within the corporate structure and alternative platforms like Vita and WiiU are simply off the radar to them.

Probably not worth the effort in their eyes to bring it to a platform with 8 million sales, as opposed to Android and iOS which have hundreds of millions each. But on the other hand, I bet Vita owners spend far more on software than the typical mobile gamers.

nampad

Unreal Engine on Vita so far has been pretty bad. I would not be looking forward for this.

I heard nothing but bad things about Borderlands 2. MK might have run decently but looked terrible.

So you are only repeating what others have been spewing around? Because honestly, the whole "Unreal Engine runs shitty on Vita" argument gets tiring and does really seem like people are just repeting what they have heard.

I played Smart As, which was fine. Jacob Jones was ok. Injustice is also ok, considering it has to run with 60 fps which the Unreal Engine wasn't made for.
Same goes for the whole Borderlands 2 talk. Old builds and people who don't remember how shitty the console versions ran and looked.

Good question; I've been banging on about this for a while. All I can think of is these iOS/Droid games from the big publishers come from separate mobile departments within the corporate structure and alternative platforms like Vita and WiiU are simply off the radar to them.

That's such a shame! There's tons of iOS and Android games that would work perfectly on the Vita. Heck, a lot of PSP games have gotten iOS ports (Idolmaster games, Final Fantasy Tactics), it would make sense to port some of those back, with touch support and trophies.

A lot of indie devs have come out and talked about the Vita's great attach rate and how good sales are due to Vita owners buying lots and lots of games. These games are already made, already in English, all they need is to be ported, and if indie devs can do it, I don't see why bigger companies can't.

Corto

It would be perfect for the Vita. And with the expansion pack would be a great value and an instabuy.

$h@d0w

Unreal Engine is Real Boxing. And that game looks fantastic. Which games are you talking about I want to know.

I was gonna say this as well, Real Boxing looks great - granted it's only two characters on screen but it looks and performs well.

Maybesew

This is probably an error but I am guessing that 2K would probably consider bringing xcom to vita based on how borderlands does

injurai

Banned
tumblr_lr9xp3Vi101qla727o1_500.gif

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I would buy it.
Obviously this is an error(but this doesn't exclude completely that XCOM is in the works), but if Borderlands 2 does well enough maybe we'll see more western developers' love.

Top Bottom