• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XDefiant supposed to launch in end of March but has been delayed, server test soon

MiguelItUp

I know some people said the tests weren't bad or were better than expected, but I just don't know. I know there are some Ubisoft fans out there, but I don't see this game hitting any home runs, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
I know some people said the tests weren't bad or were better than expected, but I just don't know. I know there are some Ubisoft fans out there, but I don't see this game hitting any home runs, but I could be wrong.
It has no garbage SBMM like COD.
Of course It will be a success no matter how much COD fanboys are shit talking about the game.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Of course It will be success no matter how much COD fanboys are shit talking about the game.
I didn't even realize there was shit talking about the game from the COD community, lol. As long as the game feels good and flows well, cool. I'll give it a shot regardless.

coffinbirth

This game had a much better shot at having a healthy playerbase when CoD was down bad with MWII, but now it's just too little, too late, IMO. Wtf have they been doing for the last year other than throttling all the hype out of their game? I see all of these stories about dev hell and crunch...and just don't see how that's possible when making a pvp arena shooter that feels a decade old. Sort of feels like a grift against Ubisoft or something, it's odd.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
This game had a much better shot at having a healthy playerbase when CoD was down bad with MWII, but now it's just too little, too late, IMO. Wtf have they been doing for the last year other than throttling all the hype out of their game? I see all of these stories about dev hell and crunch...and just don't see how that's possible when making a pvp arena shooter that feels a decade old. Sort of feels like a grift against Ubisoft or something, it's odd.
They freaked out when the new call of duty was released and they delayed the game to implement new mechanics that player like in the new call of duty

jm89

What a fumble.

The hype was there last year, now it's slowly being forgotten and even worse is looking like a joke.

clarky

Gold Member
There are no "new mechanics" in MWIII over MWII. Source?
I don't think thats quite true (the poster you quoted), but there was rumors that upper management were trying to force more modes and features in there each time the game was almost ready to go.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Of course It will be a success no matter how much COD fanboys are shit talking about the game.
No doubt..cod numbers are down,ratings are terrible and XD is a superior game with a modern engine to boot.
drGegzw.gif

But that's the thing, I think most of the people shit talking about this game aren't COD fans, they're people who hate COD and hate this game because it's like COD. The actual COD community seems to be pretty positive on the game, as far as you tube content creators go.

coffinbirth

I don't think thats quite true (the poster you quoted), but there was rumors that upper management were trying to force more modes and features in there each time the game was almost ready to go.
Now THAT, I believe. Too bad these guys don't understand that feature creep is called "content" in a f2p game, lmao. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I remember seeing some posts on Twitter about them completely redoing the netcode or something similar as well.

If it runs on Steam Deck then I'll check it out, I can't imagine I'll stick around on it for long though, this should have hit last year around the launch of MW3. Since MW3 was such a trash heap at launch, this would have stolen all its thunder.

Top Bottom