• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Releases December 1st 2017

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced June 2013.

I wonder how many Xenoblade games we can get before KH 3 actually comes out.

So far we've got Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and XC2. I bet they can get someone to do XC HD remaster and a port of XCX to switch before next fall if they really try.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced June 2013.

I'm okay with this as long as the final game is great. Time spent in the oven doesn't affect the price the consumer pays....well, how badly they try to get you to buy DLC aside.

I wonder how many Xenoblade games we can get before KH 3 actually comes out.

So far we've got Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and XC2. I bet they can get someone to do XC HD remaster and a port of XCX to switch before next fall if they really try.

I mean, if we stick to real games, it'll be two, XCX and XC2. KH has had plenty since KH3 has been announced too if you're talking ports and such.

Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Mario and Rabbids were all announced and released in less than a year.
It's quite nice.
XC2 is an impressive turn out with XCX being so massive and not being that old.
It does look better than XCX, but not at first glance. The lighting and the rendering seem more modern and the art style, while simpler, fits the designs of the characters much better.
All the NPCs looked pretty good, or at least how they're supposed to.

duckroll

I'm okay with this as long as the final game is great. Time spent in the oven doesn't affect the price the consumer pays....well, how badly they try to get you to buy DLC aside.

Okay but that has nothing to do with the point that the turnaround time for Xenoblade 2 is very efficient when taking into account console RPGs. :p

Bravely Second -> Octopath Traveler is going to be 3 years!

Also, they only showed who was 6 of the 8 banners. I'm pretty curious about the last two factions. I hope most of them are interesting enough. Mor Ardain became a bit more interesting because it elaborates a bit on what Takahashi mentioned in the gamespot interview but there needs to be more to see of everyone.

Mercador

I'll avatar-bet you that it doesn't get delayed.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be more than happy to play this on Holidays. Guess I'm just surprised. I expected that we'll heard about X2 for longer than that.

I don't care if I'm wrong, I'm just cautiously optimistic.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It takes Capcom about that long and 3 times as many people after all the outsourcing to make the major MH releases. That's about the same time frame Gamefreak squeezes out the new generation Pokémon games as well, also with a bigger staff.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
So my guess is the Blonde blade starts with the Empire of Mor Ardain given they appear to share Scottish accents in the English dub.

duckroll

The only console RPGs which are remotely comparable that I can think of off the top of my head right now which are more efficient in development is.... the Tales Of series. And I think... the quality shows.

Thoraxes

The only console RPGs which are remotely comparable that I can think of off the top of my head right now which are more efficient in development is.... the Tales Of series. And I think... the quality shows.

Falcom still churns out a new title a year too, pretty consistently. Though they alternate franchises with each year, they work pretty well.

Thoraxes

And there tends to be a great deal of rehash in their sequels, also saving development time.

I mean if you're talking only Kiseki, sure. But Ys VIII iirc moved to a new engine, and TX was a new IP for them entirely. The last time they made a direct sequel was with Sen II in 2014. Even Sen III is in their new engine, and even from previews alone, will feature massive amounts of new areas/assets for said areas. It's been a while since they've been able to reuse the stuff they've already made.

Smeags

I was always going to play XBC2, but today's overview really cemented it. Loved seeing the diverse locations, the voice acting, and finally delving into the story elements.

Looking forward to December 1st!

jnWake

What impresses me the most is the lore lol. For such a quick turnaround the world seems quite detailed, at least conceptually.

duckroll

I mean if you're talking only Kiseki, sure. But Ys VIII iirc moved to a new engine, and TX was a new IP for them entirely. The last time they made a direct sequel was with Sen II in 2014. Even Sen III is in their new engine, and even from previews alone, will feature massive amounts of new areas/assets for said areas. It's been a while since they've been able to reuse the stuff they've already made.

Sen 2 -> Sen 3 is 3 years tho!

What impresses me the most is the lore lol. For such a quick turnaround the world seems quite detailed, at least conceptually.

It is quite fascinating that there seems to be quite a bit going on and a bit more of a grey area than the original Xenoblade in terms of how the world itself is structured. I hope they can have the characters remain interesting on most sides.

duckroll

Hopefully that artbook doesn't have end of game spoilers like the Xenoblade X one did!

Erm, hopefully it does. It's a 220 page artbook, it would suck if it isn't complete. You know that you don't have to read it before you play the game right?

Hopefully that artbook doesn't have end of game spoilers like the Xenoblade X one did!

It's almost twice the size of the XCX SE artbook, so I'm assuming it has stuff from everything in the game. I'm glad I waited to flip through the XCX artbook until after beating the game.

plufim

Erm, hopefully it does. It's a 220 page artbook, it would suck if it isn't complete. You know that you don't have to read it before you play the game right?
Considering how long a Xenobkade game takes to complete, having an artbook just sitting on a shelf not to be opened would suck though.

If they had a dedicated section to end of game stuff so I could avoid that, sure!

plufim

Why would you read an artbook of a game you haven't beaten?
We're talking endgame twist here. After the final boss. Completely unmarked.

I get artbooks because I'm an amatuer artist, I really appreciate and admire the skill on display in these books.

I should also note I held off until I completed XCX because of the GAF thread where there was a warning. I'm not alone on this issue.

Merc_

We're talking endgame twist here. After the final boss. Completely unmarked.

I get artbooks because I'm an amatuer artist, I really appreciate and admire the skill on display in these books.

I should also note I held off until I completed XCX because of the GAF thread where there was a warning. I'm not alone on this issue.

Well, yeah. I wouldn't think you would need to mark spoilers in an art book since it would go without saying.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've now got a real deadline to finish XCX. I almost wish it was delayed and that they'd ported X to Switch to make up for it because I'm so much more inclined to play a portable RPG these days.

Pleasantly surprised that XB2 is making the 2017 holiday date, so I'm rather happy about it.

In for the LE whenever Amazon/Best Buy puts it up.

Slixshot

Banned
I've now got a real deadline to finish XCX. I almost wish it was delayed and that they'd ported X to Switch to make up for it because I'm so much more inclined to play a portable RPG these days.

Leave X where it is. Give me Xenoblade Chronicles 1 on switch so I can have both 1 and 2 together.

or just bring both!

Nickie

Neo Member
No surprise that Nomura has the best design in the game.

Looks like a character from Dissidia

Switch_XenobladeChronicles2_char_13_png_jpgcopy.jpg

knkng

So I just checked the JP trailer and um: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZIhnJWBdaI&t=2m48s

Wasn't expecting the JP voice to sound like that.

I could be wrong, but that sounds like Shigeru Chiba (probably best known as Pilaf in DBS at the moment), which is no bad thing. If it's not him, then it's a very good impersonation. Either way, they seem to be going for a more lighthearted comical character.

The English Mrs. Doubtfire thing was just dreadful in comparison. BOTW, FE Warriors and Xenoblade 2, all with terrible English acting, it's a damn shame.

Almond

December 1 is a little later than I wanted....but I'll take it. Not really much else to say, I'm just ready to play this game now.

And look, they improved the faces! Looks like there's more shading and textures now.

New

RUaKZ1q5-9g1rfBmw122HGngucYVGlWw.jpg

Old

Top Bottom