• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed |OT| It's Rey....umm I mean Rex Time!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
xenoblade-chronicles-3-future-redeemed-dlc-launches-april-26th-2023-KFlf_S5Woug.jpg

Release date : April 25th, 2023
Developers : Monolith Soft
Publishers : Nintendo
Platforms : Nintendo Switch
**You need the base game in order to access the expansion**

Story:
Future Redeemed. Set before the events of the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 game, players join a cast of new and familiar characters in an original story scenario that connects all three installments in the Xenoblade Chronicles series.

Characters:

Matthew
cQbDzHG.png
img_matthew-02.png

Na'el
74jEwRL.png
img_nael-02.png

Glimmer
5gBVPDr.png
img_glimmer-02.png

Nikol
VEBmLet.png
img_nikol-02.png

Shulk
oh0Ao6n.png
img_shulk-02.png

Rex
89evpnq8cnj91.png
img_rex-02.png

A
img_a-02.png

Alvis?

img_secret-02.png

Go_Ly_Dow

Need to borrow my friends Switch and rebuy XC3 after selling both just to play this.

Oh father forgive me for I have sinned. :(

Mister Wolf

Time to wrap the Klaus Saga up. The best ongoing story I've experienced in the rpg genre. Trails is number rwo. I'm surprised Xenoblade hasn't gotten any anime or manga.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was wondering if someone was going to make an OT for this - good job Danjin44 Danjin44

Really looking forward to diving into this

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any details on download size or how many hours we can expect to sink into the story expansion?
I believe the unofficial pre-load started a few days ago, users reporting 4.9GB of download. No word yet on the length - since this is a bit of a stealth drop, no reviews yet.

I want to give the Xenoblade Chronicles games a try. Where should I start?

I want to start from 3 because the trailers and all the stuff just looks cool and I really like the art style, plus its new but I dont want to be lost on the story. Or do I start at the first one? Is that the best one? Which ones the most fun? best graphics?

Ulysses 31

I want to start from 3 because the trailers and all the stuff just looks cool and I really like the art style, plus its new but I dont want to be lost on the story. Or do I start at the first one? Is that the best one? Which ones the most fun? best graphics?
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles 2(+ Torna DLC)
Xenoblade Chronicle 3

Danjin44

Play them in order of release.
71IpNAD6qEL._AC_SL1280_.jpg
co5pgh.jpg
91oFP7GhmSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81L1_GQIL5L._SL1500_433x700.jpg
81AS-lQdqfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
co6ehi.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles X story is not connected and only available on WiiU
91SfD1mDpLL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
Playing around with my level 99 characters in XC3 while I wait for FR to come out, crafting accessories with the final DLC hero.

Just got a campfire scene I never saw before where Taion is reading a book and Lanz is reading a book behind him. Lanz is scratching his head in confusion constantly and reaching out to Taion as if he's about to cry out "help!"

Danjin44

Playing around with my level 99 characters in XC3 while I wait for FR to come out, crafting accessories with the final DLC hero.

Just got a campfire scene I never saw before where Taion is reading a book and Lanz is reading a book behind him. Lanz is scratching his head in confusion constantly and reaching out to Taion as if he's about to cry out "help!"
I really LOVE these campfire animations, it has so much character and nice way showing relationships between each of them.

Last edited:
Hey remember how in XC2, when you beat the game and play NG+ the drivers all get an extra affinity chart to fill out on the 2nd playthrough? Does anyone remember if that happened in Torna as well or just XC2. I never played NG+ Torna. Just wondering about the likelihood of that happening in FR

Last edited:

Danjin44

Hey remember how in XC2, when you beat the game and play NG+ the drivers all get an extra affinity chart to fill out on the 2nd playthrough? Does anyone remember if that happened in Torna as well or just XC2. I never played NG+ Torna. Just wondering about the likelihood of that happening in FR
I did replayed Torna but I didn't do NG+ I just did fresh start, so I'm not sure but I still think there 2nd affinity in Torna NG+ as well.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles 2(+ Torna DLC)
Xenoblade Chronicle 3

Play them in order of release.
71IpNAD6qEL._AC_SL1280_.jpg
co5pgh.jpg
91oFP7GhmSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81L1_GQIL5L._SL1500_433x700.jpg
81AS-lQdqfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
co6ehi.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles X story is not connected and only available on WiiU
91SfD1mDpLL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Awsome. OK Ill start with definitive edition. Can you guys tell me what hooked you on these games? The characters? The gameplay? Story? The vistas? Whats the hook

Awsome. OK Ill start with definitive edition. Can you guys tell me what hooked you on these games? The characters? The gameplay? Story? The vistas? Whats the hook
Definitely all of them lol. Characters, story, vistas, all very strong. Oh yeah and let's not forget the amazing music in these games. Gameplay might seem like the weakest part at first because while it's ultimately sensational in my opinion, it's complex, obtuse and often poorly explained in the games. I would honestly recommend looking at youtube tutorials by experts to explain the nuances of the battle system so you enjoy it more. They are generally careful to avoid spoilers or anything like that.

I guess if you are starting with definitive edition here are some guides related to that game. No need to look at them now, maybe look at them when you have started playing and you feel like something might be going over your head:

There's a lot of fun mechanics and useful abilities in these games that you might not properly take advantage of without having them broken down and analyzed because of the hectic nature of Xenoblade's real time combat and all the crazy stuff flying around on the screen. This is true for all the games but especially Xenoblade 2. It has a really good, unique battle system and remarkably bad in-game tutorials to explain it.

Last edited:

calistan

I didn't realise there had been a Xenoblade Chronicles 3! Loved the first one, it's the best RPG I've ever played, but #2 just left me cold. I could never get the hang of the battle system even after 20-odd hours. Got stuck on some incredibly long and tedious boss fight and lost the will to keep playing.

Is the battle system in #3 quicker or easier to understand? I kept getting wiped out in #2 because of the massive cooldown time on the special abilities. Probably one of the most disappointing sequels ever for me, given how much I was into the previous game. I'm willing to give them a pass and try #3 though.

Danjin44

I didn't realise there had been a Xenoblade Chronicles 3! Loved the first one, it's the best RPG I've ever played, but #2 just left me cold. I could never get the hang of the battle system even after 20-odd hours. Got stuck on some incredibly long and tedious boss fight and lost the will to keep playing.

Is the battle system in #3 quicker or easier to understand? I kept getting wiped out in #2 because of the massive cooldown time on the special abilities. Probably one of the most disappointing sequels ever for me, given how much I was into the previous game. I'm willing to give them a pass and try #3 though.
In my opinion Xenoblade 2 has really great combat but the problem is the game does absolute shit job explaining combat to the player but once it clicks its really fun. The 3rd game does MUCH better job explaining the combat system.

I kept getting wiped out in #2 because of the massive cooldown time on the special abilities.
I’m guessing you didn’t master how to cancel arts, in XC2 that’s how you recharge your arts faster.

Last edited:

calistan

In my opinion Xenoblade 2 has really great combat but the problem is the game does absolute shit job explaining combat to the player but once it clicks its really fun. The 3rd game does MUCH better job explaining the combat system.

I’m guessing you didn’t master how cancel arts, in XC2 that’s how recharge your arts faster.
I'm sure I used that technique but I didn't feel like I'd mastered anything. I've never spent so long playing a game only to feel like I was still missing the point. Even though I got quite a long way through it, it was like playing a racing game where you qualify for the next round despite spending most of the time scraping along the track walls. Never very satisfying.

Just loaded it up to check my old save, and 20 hours was an underestimate. The story, setting, graphics, music - all amazing. But what a waste of time when you can't get along with the fighting. The boss in this area was too much.

kbCVC3F.jpg

Last edited:

Danjin44

I'm sure I used that technique but I didn't feel like I'd mastered anything. I've never spent so long playing a game only to feel like I was still missing the point. Even though I got quite a long way through it, it was like playing a racing game where you qualify for the next round despite spending most of the time scraping along the track walls. Never very satisfying.

Just loaded it up to check my old save, and 20 hours was an underestimate. The story, setting, graphics, music - all amazing. But what a waste of time when you can't get along with the fighting. The boss in this area was too much.

kbCVC3F.jpg
I recommend watching this video and then give the game another chance. If you can finish XC2 then the story of XC3 would be much more satisfying.

XC3 kind of combines combat elements of XC1 and XC2, as it's a story featuring people from both worlds. It does have better tutorials, including even having training rooms to master techniques, and I think it's easier to get the hang of. So you might prefer that to XC2.

But having said that, if you think you could ever possibly give XC2 another go, it really is a sensational game filled with great stuff that even surpasses XC1 in multiple areas. In my case, I would have been lost figuring out XC2 if I didn't shamelessly look up youtube guides that taught me things like how important pouch items, cancelling and fusion combos are (combining driver's break/topple/launch combo with blades elemental combos at the same time allows you to not just win battles but actually destroy the enemy really fast.)

It sounds like you were almost loving the game except for that seemingly awful combat, which is actually very, very badly explained awesome combat. So maybe it is worth retrying? It also has an amazing ending that will deepen your understanding and enjoyment of XC1 and XC3. The video danjin posted above is good, along with character specific tutorials made by that same youtuber. You could also look at this guy:

He does an expert let's play of the entire game explaining everything from deep lore to datamined secrets. When he gets up to a bad tutorial he explains why it's bad and gives a good tutorial. There's even one tutorial in the game that he says tells you the opposite of what it should! Anyway, you probably don't want to watch the entire 200 video let's play, but you could watch some to get ideas. Or maybe you could look up the part of his let's play that matches the part where you got stuck and he might explain a good strategy to make that part faster/easier?

If you think you could give XC2 another shot like that, the story revelations in it will greatly enhance your enjoyment of XC1 and XC3, its ending is epic and it really would be the best way to enjoy the series. But if looking up youtube guides doesn't appeal to you, maybe playing XC3 with its better tutorial system and elements of both XC1 and XC2 will work better for you, and you might even feel ready to go back to XC2 after that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom