• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed |OT| It's Rey....umm I mean Rex Time!

Ulysses 31

I'm getting too much emotional playing this game.
nKLmfN7.gif
you-need-to-calm-down-christmas-deja-vu.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I am a Collectopaedia maniac. Over 10 hours here and I am still on Chapter 3 as well. Just hit lv. 30 and I'm just so busy taking in all the sites.
Yeah, I could spend hours exploring, this game has lot of secret caves for big chest that guarded by strong unique monster.

NanaMiku

What a banger. Still can't believe it's an field BGM lol

Yeah, I could spend hours exploring, this game has lot of secret caves for big chest that guarded by strong unique monster.
Last night I went to a cave in Aurora Shelf. See no enemies so I went inside. Suddenly level 30 enemies appeared from ground lol

Danjin44

What a banger. Still can't believe it's an field BGM lol

Last night I went to a cave in Aurora Shelf. See no enemies so I went inside. Suddenly level 30 enemies appeared from ground lol

Yap, I love how they place those strong unique monsters in some secret areas. Future Redeemed really added lot of mechanics to make exploration rewarding, Affinity Goal was brilliant idea.

NanaMiku

Yap, I love how they place those strong unique monsters in some secret areas. Future Redeemed really added lot of mechanics to make exploration rewarding, Affinity Goal was brilliant idea.
Yup, the affinity is really nice. Especially if compared to just getting EXP. It also helped you not looking around aimlessly when searching for the last item

Danjin44

Holy fuck that Na'el boss was difficult, when it becomes enraged it would start either binding or sleep your whole group.

Jsisto

Really enjoying it. Honestly enjoying this group of characters more than the base games. I’ve heard it said elsewhere, but I have to say I honestly wish this had been the base game but longer and the base game story had been the dlc/epilogue. I prefer more clearly defined roles for characters in my JRPG s, and the whole class changing thing is just too much for me to micromananage and still fully enjoy. I love how this dlc approaches class progression in a way that encourages exploration. I’m approaching what I assume is the final area and I can’t wait to see how they end this. How are you guys liking it?

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Just open the Ether Slide. So far so good. Still confused that are some question mark that were opened by ether radar thing but no way to reach it for now. (near the outlook post in Colony 9)
Didn't expect they mix Gaur Plain with the Lumos Pillar from Xenoblade 2

Yeah, I really like this one. The one with Nikol reading a book and Glimmer is interested is also cute

I'm not reading any spoilers or anything but just a warning about a glitch

There's a quest called "if walls could speak" where you go look at different graffiti on walls

I think I glitched it by going to the last place before I went to the middle place, quest is stuck I think

....And the reward is an accessory slot so that's a big deal :messenger_sad_relieved:

Anyway be careful with that quest or reply me if you know a way to fix what happened to me

I'm not reading any spoilers or anything but just a warning about a glitch

There's a quest called "if walls could speak" where you go look at different graffiti on walls

I think I glitched it by going to the last place before I went to the middle place, quest is stuck I think

....And the reward is an accessory slot so that's a big deal :messenger_sad_relieved:

Anyway be careful with that quest or reply me if you know a way to fix what happened to me
Yay it didn't glitch! I was mistaken, just randomly found the right spot to finish the quest in the postgame. Not sure what happened with the other graffiti I found that doesn't activate but quest complete so no issues

Post game going good but Bioluminessant Bob is a Biatch

Smasher89

Excellent game, preordered the dlc and it definitly delivered (even if it had a bit less random main game tweak things, but the new mode was cool though and ill have to get more stuff done to be able to do all those). Future redeemed did redeem the "3 connects 1+2" statement and definitly delivered, dont play it if you havent beaten the other games, but if you have, it's great in so many ways. Like even the things that made pokemon reimaginations (3rd version) great with teasing and references, and it has been a long time coming, but it's now my favorite gaming franchise that just keeps on delivering!

NanaMiku

Wow, I just realized Panacea is Sharla's daughter. Her voice is similar to Sharla's (in Japanese dub)
Linka is clear Pandoria's daughter. Her core crystal is similar to Pandoria, her voice is also similar

Filben

Would you guys recommend the series (or a specific entry of it) to someone who can't stand let's say Final Fantasy (and its many tropes) ? I'm usually not a JRPG fan (oddly I only like those not made by Japanese devs) . Also, how is the (unnecessary) padding in the game? Is there annoying legwork to do just to achieve the most mundane thing in order to progress?

What is it that makes so many people call the series an RPG master piece?

NanaMiku

Would you guys recommend the series (or a specific entry of it) to someone who can't stand let's say Final Fantasy (and its many tropes) ? I'm usually not a JRPG fan (oddly I only like those not made by Japanese devs) . Also, how is the (unnecessary) padding in the game? Is there annoying legwork to do just to achieve the most mundane thing in order to progress?

What is it that makes so many people call the series an RPG master piece?
Xenoblade is pretty anime for me. So if you don't like anime, you won't like it. It's also have pretty much JRPG trope. One of the good thing from Xenoblade is no grinding. Just by finding new location will give you exp. Side quest also give many exp. You can easily overlevel by doing side quest.

Is you just focus on the main story, it's pretty straightforward, no need to look around looking for things. Most people describe Xenoblade battle system as MMO style. Your character auto attack and then you choose what skill you want to use. Positioning is pretty important in battle. Some people have trouble with the battle system, but I think Xenoblade battle system is pretty simple. You don't need to manage item to heal etc, skill are not that many.

I think what made Xenoblade is great is the overall experience. The story is still your typical JRPG, but the delivery is much better. The cutscene also well executed. Music are banger.

Andyliini

Just reached chapter 4, and it has been amazing so far. I was quite overleveled at the beginning, but the boss at the beginning gave me a fair challenge. Nothing a few Chain Attacks couldn't finish, but still.

I'm about 10 hours in, and I think I'll go back to previous areas and try to find out if there are some survivors or other things I overlooked. One thing's for sure, Monolith Soft has done it again.

Mister Wolf

Argh, I wish this is a full game. I want more game like this, parent from the previous game interacting with their children on the next game

It's definitely better than the base game in combat, systems, and characters. The gatekeeping of the classes ruined them for me in 3. I could never settle in to what I like because of being constantly forced to change them just to unlock it for other characters. It was a terrible decision to do that. The classes should have been unlocked for everyone from the get go and they all should progress in mastering the class at the same rate. Monolith Soft's only flaw is sometimes they gatekeep too much. I can only imagine if they were a gacha developer.

Last edited:

Tg89

So is now a good time to finally jump back in and complete this game? Tbh I'll probably restart - I got about 15 hours in and can only imagine how brutal remembering all those mechanics will be.

I wanted to play through the whole game on hard unassisted, but the level 70 superboss was too much. I had to turn the difficulty down to normal, but that still wasn't enough, so I had to google some tips.

If you are having trouble against Bioluminessant Bob, people say to play as Rex with the "chaotic memory" accessory so his attacks can't be evaded. I found that wasn't enough for me so I had to give one of my tanks the "memory locket" accessory so they can revive allies even though they are not a healer. Then I had to give both healers and the tank not just the faster revive gem but also the revive with more hp gem. That's the only way I was able to beat him (this boss can't be chain attacked, so he's just gonna keep killing everyone and you have to revive the party faster than he can kill them. I had the sleep resist accessory on a few characters also.)

A fun/easy way to grind loot or enemypedia entries in the midgame is to play as Rex with the Shulk/Matthew unity pairing which gives them a fully charged combo at the start of the fight when upgraded. Rex can start the fight with a launch and shulk and Matthew can kill most regular enemies with their combo so you make really quick work of regular enemies.

The battle and tactics manuals have the chain attack powers from the base game, so you can eventually get Fiona's power back that lets you do 5 chain attack rounds instead of 4, my favourite. But there also seem to be totally new powers unless I'm mistaken. I found one that lets a character go over 99% without ending the round, which is insane. By using them as your second last character you can easily get 800%+ damage mutliplier in hard and 1200%+ in normal.

If you are taking on superbosses, they drop weapon upgrade materials when bursted. So I fought the level 80 superboss a few times when I was level 75, bursted him twice but lost, then went and upgraded all my weapons before fighting him again and won. Most bosses this high drop something to upgrade weapons or gems so after you lose to them you can improve your loadout before the rematch if you burst them.

Still mulling over how I feel about all the story stuff but I will say this is bigger and better than Torna: The Golden Country which was the previous gold standard for awesome Jrpg DLC content.

Danjin44

I wanted to play through the whole game on hard unassisted, but the level 70 superboss was too much. I had to turn the difficulty down to normal, but that still wasn't enough, so I had to google some tips.
I havent beat main story yet since I'm taking my sweet time but hard difficulty can be tricky with some of the fight. I recently did fight with Glimmer and Nikol against Rex and Shulk and that was tough on hard, still not enough turned down difficulty yet but I'm guessing those super bosses gonna give run for my money.

I'm also like the its new "hard to heart" conversations, they dont show the characters talking but instead they show off the environments.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

I'm also like the its new "hard to heart" conventions, they dont show the characters talking but instead they show off the environments.
Kinda confusing if you don't remember the voice of each characters lol. I really like the one in the lake lol

What I want is what this guy said:
d72e12522f.png

I havent beat main story yet since I'm taking my sweet time but hard difficulty can be tricky with some of the fight. I recently did fight with Glimmer and Nikol against Rex and Shulk and that was tough on hard, still not enough turned down difficulty yet but I'm guessing those super bosses gonna give run for my money.

I'm also like the its new "hard to heart" conventions, they dont show the characters talking but instead they show off the environments.
Yeah that boss fight was hard. I went away and unlocked a bunch of stuff in Nikol's affinity chart and it became manageable. he's a pretty decent tank

I think I might have done everything. Does anyone know if beating all the superbosses unlocks like, a secret super duper boss? Been farming the level 100 snow dragon who drops the magic rings from the base game

NanaMiku

Just finished chapter 4. Enemypaedia almost complete, except for Black Mountain. I'm still missing:

Page 1 #15 most bottom right, beside Zenze Taos

Page 2 #15 most bottom right, beside Gimran Egel

Page 3 #4, beside Voruk Draigul

I've been farming the level 100 boss Fogdweller Abassy, and I really don't think he drops the Lunae Ring. I've got x10 of some of the other founder's rings now but he just won't drop that one even after this many beatdowns. Anyone get it? Maybe just a very low percent chance for that one.

Danjin44

Finally made it to Prison Island. This game made exploring so fun, I’m taking my time exploring everything.

Also that Affinity Scene when Rex talks about how he got swallowed by Uraya Titan back in Xenoblade 2 but everyone in party questioned his sanity. it put huge smile on my face.

Edit: this how you fucking do proper expansion in single player JRPG.

Last edited:
Okay I'm done. I got 100% everything from collectables to quests, locations and enemies slain.

A great game to be sure. It's a satisfying ending. Very good. Not perfect at all, which I guess would normally be an unreasonable expectation but remember the first two games kinda DID have perfect endings. But these sorts of question answering prequel stories have it rough. The mysteries and clues built up over the series long run are more exciting to think about what they could be than what they usually end up getting revealed as when creators have to tie them all together in a way that makes sense. But they did manage to tie things together reasonably well, and gave a fitting send off to legendary heroes like Shulk and Rex too, so I can't complain.

How did Rex get so powerful though? None of the other characters can really put a dent in the post game bosses, but Rex eats them for breakfast. I know he's the master driver but this pussy pounding, harem having omega-chad does so much damage that Gonzales and Rotbart must run away crying when they hear him coming. It's bonkers.

Things being tied up as they are, it's sad but... I'd say this is a very good place to end Xenoblade completely, unless Monolift Soft want to do something with Xenoblade X. I wouldn't be averse to some more open world mecha magic, but I think a lazy port on nintendo's next system is probably the most we can hope for. As for a Xenoblade 4, I really just want Monoliftsoft to work on something they're passionate and excited about. If they have an idea for Xenoblade 4 that gets them revved up, then I'll be there day 1 for more nopon and chain attacks, but if they want to move on to something else, then that's what would be best. With the surprisingly sudden release of this game, maybe news about their mysterious fantasy action rpg isn't that far away.

NanaMiku

How did Rex get so powerful though? None of the other characters can really put a dent in the post game bosses, but Rex eats them for breakfast. I know he's the master driver but this pussy pounding, harem having omega-chad does so much damage that Gonzales and Rotbart must run away crying when they hear him coming. It's bonkers.

Things being tied up as they are, it's sad but... I'd say this is a very good place to end Xenoblade completely, unless Monolift Soft want to do something with Xenoblade X. I wouldn't be averse to some more open world mecha magic, but I think a lazy port on nintendo's next system is probably the most we can hope for. As for a Xenoblade 4, I really just want Monoliftsoft to work on something they're passionate and excited about. If they have an idea for Xenoblade 4 that gets them revved up, then I'll be there day 1 for more nopon and chain attacks, but if they want to move on to something else, then that's what would be best. With the surprisingly sudden release of this game, maybe news about their mysterious fantasy action rpg isn't that far away.
Maybe they made Rex like that because many people hate him in Xenoblade 2 lol. Well, he use the core processor directly. While Shulk didn't used Alvis directly

What I want is the previous version of Xenoblade X, before they scrapped the story to make it a multiplayer game.

Danjin44

It’s safe to say Future Redeemed is better than Torna which huge compliment because Torna was a great expansion.
What I want is the previous version of Xenoblade X, before they scrapped the story to make it a multiplayer game.
Yeah I would love that as well, that’s only thing thats holding the game back. (Still great game)

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Now that we know Xenoblade and Xenosaga take place in the same universe and both Trilogies end at the same time showing KOS-MOS landing on the Reborn Earth that was missing throughout all of Xenosaga. Where do we go from here? Do you want the next adventure on Reborn Earth or do you want to see what humanity is up to out in space. The space colonist that left before Klaus fuck up would consider the new humanitybof Earth to be primitive and my not even realize that it is Earth since the geography and creatures that inhabit the planet have changed drastically.

Dream-Knife

Banned
DLC was very good. Much better than the base game. I am a bit disappointed in the story. Too many open questions.

So this game basically undid the happy endings to 1 and 2. That fucking sucks. What happened to everyone else from 1 and 2? They just died? When? Before the worlds merged or after?

So that final scene is also the ending of 3 where Noah and Mio are kids and are reunited? The way 3 ended made it seem like their unity world was stuck in an endless loop.

Did Matthew end up becoming N? How much time is there between this and the main game? His sister is his mom/lover reborn?

I'm also still disappointed they didn't go more into the zohar. It's like after the base game of 2 they were afraid to go that route because dumb people didn't get it. Overall the story isn't really cohesive.

Pretty bittersweet for me. I guess Xenoblade is over?

Now that we know Xenoblade and Xenosaga take place in the same universe and both Trilogies end at the same time showing KOS-MOS landing on the Reborn Earth that was missing throughout all of Xenosaga. Where do we go from here? Do you want the next adventure on Reborn Earth or do you want to see what humanity is up to out in space. The space colonist that left before Klaus fuck up would consider the new humanitybof Earth to be primitive and my not even realize that it is Earth since the geography and creatures that inhabit the planet have changed drastically.
How do we know that was her though?

Last edited:

Danjin44

Did Matthew end up becoming N? How much time is there between this and the main game? His sister is his mom/lover reborn?
No? Matthew never was and never going to be N. I dont know why would you think that.
How do we know that was her though?
The radio kind of confirmed this is part of Xenosaga world and ending matches how Xenosaga 3 ended.

lbPwSEl.png
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

its same company Shion worked and where they build KOS-MOS.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
No? Matthew never was and never going to be N. I dont know why would you think that.

The radio kind of confirmed this is part of Xenosaga world and ending matches how Xenosaga 3 ended.

lbPwSEl.png
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

its same company Shion worked and where they build KOS-MOS.
Because wasn't there multiple Ns and Ms? And N kept choosing to stay in the now to not loose Mio? That's how I interpreted the story of 3. Eternal reoccurrance.

Oh nice, I didn't see that. I was too busy reading two sets of subtitles so I didn't miss anything.

Danjin44

Because wasn't there multiple Ns and Ms? And N kept choosing to stay in the now to not loose Mio? That's how I interpreted the story of 3. Eternal reoccurrance.

Oh nice, I didn't see that. I was too busy reading two sets of subtitles so I didn't miss anything.
It was Noah & Mio keep getting reborn until he becomes N and chooses forever now in order to keep her Mio alive, Matthew is related because their grandad was son of N.

Top Bottom