• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed |OT| It's Rey....umm I mean Rex Time!

Dream-Knife

Banned
It was Noah & Mio keep getting reborn until he becomes N and chooses forever now in order to keep her Mio alive, Matthew is related because their grandad was son of N.
ah, I figured since Matthew was the grandson of N that he was basically the same person, but I guess that wouldn't make sense if N and M kept getting reborn in the 10 year cycle only to break from it.

So which cycle was this game? Is this immediately before 3, or 1000 years?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
ah, I figured since Matthew was the grandson of N that he was basically the same person, but I guess that wouldn't make sense if N and M kept getting reborn in the 10 year cycle only to break from it.

So which cycle was this game? Is this immediately before 3, or 1000 years?
Its not immediate before 3 since there are house for each founder in "City" and those founders are main characters from Future Redeemed. I would say many years has passed.
Featured-Image-Xenoblade-Chronicles-3-Who-Are-The-Founders.jpg

Last edited:

alf717

This DLC is by far one of Monolith's best works. Collecting and battling monsters to fill up the charts was very fun to do. I always battle each unique and any monster I find but filling in a list made it all more enjoyable and easier to keep track of what gives you what. I admit I'm not the best at remembering all of the different monsters names and drops so it gave it all a lot more meaning during my playthrough. I was disappointed with how XB3 ending. It felt like a lot was missing which was hard for me to accept because the story was fire all the way up to the end of Chapter 4 but by the end it fizzled out for me. Future Redeemed was just pure fun the whole way through. I'm looking forward to the future of the franchise. Takahashi's and Monolith's work is very amazing. To go from Gears to Saga and then Blade. I still think its a miracle he was able to continue his work. I remember the melt downs people had when Nintendo bought out Monolith Soft. I thinks its safe to say it was a worth while investment.

Finished the DLC a few hours ago. Monolith put so much love into this DLC. Makes me sad that its over but it was so fun to play through it all. Its funny to think that Nintendo of America almost passed on this game back during the Wii era. Huge shout outs to Nintendo of Europe for putting in the effort to translate the game.

sigmaZ

This DLC is by far one of Monolith's best works. Collecting and battling monsters to fill up the charts was very fun to do. I always battle each unique and any monster I find but filling in a list made it all more enjoyable and easier to keep track of what gives you what. I admit I'm not the best at remembering all of the different monsters names and drops so it gave it all a lot more meaning during my playthrough. I was disappointed with how XB3 ending. It felt like a lot was missing which was hard for me to accept because the story was fire all the way up to the end of Chapter 4 but by the end it fizzled out for me. Future Redeemed was just pure fun the whole way through. I'm looking forward to the future of the franchise. Takahashi's and Monolith's work is very amazing. To go from Gears to Saga and then Blade. I still think its a miracle he was able to continue his work. I remember the melt downs people had when Nintendo bought out Monolith Soft. I thinks its safe to say it was a worth while investment.

Finished the DLC a few hours ago. Monolith put so much love into this DLC. Makes me sad that its over but it was so fun to play through it all. Its funny to think that Nintendo of America almost passed on this game back during the Wii era. Huge shout outs to Nintendo of Europe for putting in the effort to translate the game.
I'm at chapter 4 or 5 right now and considering whether or not finish or not. The story in general had good potential but I find the writing and pacing atrocious. I didn't pay for my copy, so it's no financial loss to me, but would suggest going straight to the DLC? I fear that the following chapters are just gonna be some fanficy Kingdom Heart-esque exposition dump and not really add anything to the story.

Danjin44

I didn't pay for my copy, so it's no financial loss to me, but would suggest going straight to the DLC? I fear that the following chapters are just gonna be some fanficy Kingdom Heart-esque exposition dump and not really add anything to the story.
No, This DLC is made for people who are following the series from very beginning and it adds nice to core story and nicely close the chapter to Klaus saga.

sigmaZ

No, This DLC is made for people who are following the series from very beginning and it adds nice to core story and nicely close the chapter to Klaus saga.
I've played and completed one and two. Is there some reveal at the end of three like there was in two?

Danjin44

I've played and completed one and two. Is there some reveal at the end of three like there was in two?
Not similar to 2nd game but I highly suggest you play XC3 base game before jumping to Future Redeemed, because the DLC pretty much assumes you finished main game.

alf717

For expansion it pretty meaty, my time was 35 hours and mostly I couldn't stop exploring, Affinity Goals was brilliant idea to make exploring rewarding.
Took me about the same to go through the story. I've got about 45+ now but I'm just padding everything out. Finally decided to use my extra experience points to boost up to lv. 77 and took on the lv 80 unique in the water. It took me 16 minutes but I beat it. Gonna grind out the rest.

I actually prefer Future Redeemed to the main game and it's due to my Main Bois Rex Rex and Shulk

I think of it as part of xenoblade 3 and kind of redeeming for xenoblade 3 since it was set up to connect to the rest of the series but then left a lot of questions open which FR helped address. It's too small for me to really like it more than a full Xenoblade game, but I don't think of it as one. Like there are people who say Torna is better than XC2, I could never think that way. There's 9 characters to play with in Torna and like 50 in XC2 where all the blades have their own story quests and tons of crazy stuff, Torna doesn't come close. Future Redeemed is great but short and sweet compared to the base game with it's large hero roster and things like Triton's arts unlocked by fighting all bosses.

I really liked Shulk and Rex's send-off, that was a highlight

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Just hopping in and trying to avoid any spoilers to ask this question :

I’ve played both Xeno 1&2 but never beat either . I maybe got 20 hours into 2, and 40 into 1.

Do I need to complete 1&2 to enjoy the storyline of 3? What about DLCs ?

Just hopping in and trying to avoid any spoilers to ask this question :

I’ve played both Xeno 1&2 but never beat either . I maybe got 20 hours into 2, and 40 into 1.

Do I need to complete 1&2 to enjoy the storyline of 3? What about DLCs ?

Play in this order

Xenoblade Chronicles
Xenoblade Chronicles Future Connected (DLC)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna The Golden Country
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Xenoblade Chronicles Future Redeemed

They are all on Switch

Ma-Yuan

Nobody talks about the elephant in the room with the ending?

That the dlc ends where Xenosaga Ep. 3 ends? That they Use the Vector Logo from Xenosaga in the cuts eine showing earth? That Xenosaga Ep. 3 post credit is the same as this one? 😅 Basically Xenoblades Earth is now Xenosagas lost earth and both games are cannon. There is also a special thx to Bandai Namco in the credits.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Ma-Yuan Ma-Yuan we might get Xenosaga remasters down the line but my theory is if we do get new Xeno game, it wont be called Xenoblade anymore, same way after Xenogears we got Xenosaga.

Last edited:
Top Bottom