• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles (EU) release moved up, Now August 19th

RPGCrazied

Yeah. The zones are massive! You thought Final Fantasy XII was big? This is the biggest game world I can think of. Specially for a jRPG.

Shirokun

Gvaz said:
Bigger than DQ8? Cause that felt massive to me for a jrpg.

Bigger and more detailed. They really went for scale in Xenoblade while trying to make sure that there were interesting places to explore in each zone. Several times throughout this game, I'd explore an area for hours only to come back later and realize that there were new places that I'd never seen. The sense of adventure you get from playing this game is definitely the best part about it IMO.

apujanata

Gonna buy this game.

Does it work on unmodded US Wii ?

Red CCPro looks nice. I got the white one already, but red is good :D

madara

Will this work on US red wii connected to trinitron sony with s-video? Or do you need at least HDTV with component?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
madara said:
Will this work on US red wii connected to trinitron sony with s-video? Or do you need at least HDTV with component?

A Wii game will NEVER require an HDTV or component cables, as it isn't an HD-capable system.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
MidnightScott said:
365games.co.uk has the game now. for $51 something. :)

Are they a good site?

They are alright, shipping like all UK sites are hit and miss.

And AmeriGAF you can't just buy this and expect to play it. The Wii is region locked, welcome to a PAL gamers world.

Fou-Lu

I am so fucking hyped for this game and I've been on a media black out since it first was announced.

That title screen.

VOOK said:
They are alright, shipping like all UK sites are hit and miss.

And AmeriGAF you can't just buy this and expect to play it. The Wii is region locked, welcome to a PAL gamers world.

Yes, please hack your Wii first. I did it years ago, I have Disaster & Another Code R from Europe and Captain Rainbow & Fatal Frame 4 from Japan. ;D

I'm gonna hold off for a few weeks just to make sure NoA isn't going to announce it.

Synless said:
That music..... so good!!!!!!!

Yea its f**king amazing, I remember hearing it on the early JPN teaser website for the game waaay back in the days and having an orgasm, hoped it would be the overall 'main' theme of the game.

Its really magnificent, goes so beautifully with that too.

Sooooo good! <3

kunonabi

Picked up a second wii for free and got it modded so I'm ready on that front. Now the problem is finding a UK site willing to sell it to me. Gamestation doesn't give me an option to select my shipping so it won't complete the order. Does 365games have the bundle? It looks like it just the game from the description.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Gvaz said:
WTF it's a god damn MMO
Um no it's not. It's a JRPG that offers a huge, beautiful, interesting world to explore with lots of side yet meaty content. And it's not like WKC any more than Legend of Dragoon was like classic Final Fantasy games. Vaguely similar concepts aren't condemnded because someone made a badly executed soulless game out of them.

dani_dc

kunonabi said:
Picked up a second wii for free and got it modded so I'm ready on that front. Now the problem is finding a UK site willing to sell it to me. Gamestation doesn't give me an option to select my shipping so it won't complete the order. Does 365games have the bundle? It looks like it just the game from the description.
In the UK the Bundle is exclusive to Game/Gamestation so you'll probably have to look for stores outside of the UK to ship the bundle to you if you can't order it from there.
Right now the only one I know that has it for preorder is Amazon.de but no idea if they ship to the US and how much that would run you.

Man, I wish this whole Operation Rainfall thing never happened. I didn't really keep an eye on this game until all the hype, and now I really, really want it. It looks SO good.

Never have I ever hated NOA as much as I do now.

donny2112

SaintMadeOfPlaster said:
Man, I wish this whole Operation Rainfall thing never happened. I didn't really keep an eye on this game until all the hype, and now I really, really want it. It looks SO good.

Never have I ever hated NOA as much as I do now.

1) Mod Wii using available methods with a game you probably already own or could at least rent.
2) Order from U.K. for ~$50 after conversion.
3) Play game after it comes out.

pgtl_10 said:
Does US charge customs for importing?

Not usually unless it's a package valued over a certain dollar amount.. I've never had to pay an import tax on games I've purchased from Japan.

edit: -

Seeing how amazing this looks on Dolphin, I may just play it on my PC.. despite having a perfectly functional Wii.

Actually I don't understand the reason of this change; European market is sleeping in the middle of the summer, especially in the South (e.g. Italy, Spain), during August many stores are not even open!

electroplankton said:
Actually I don't understand the reason of this change; European market is sleeping in the middle of the summer, especially in the South (e.g. Italy, Spain), during August many stores are not even open!
Sooner = better. The game is finished and it's a waste of money to just wait with the release. Now they have half of august as the only noteworthy gamerelease. Word of mouth spreading all the way through september and then BAM. Best selling game in Europe. Ever.

Or something like that ;)

Fritz

electroplankton said:

Wut?! hahhaha

Notorious_Roy said:
Sooner = better. The game is finished and it's a waste of money to just wait with the release. Now they have half of august as the only noteworthy gamerelease. Word of mouth spreading all the way through september and then BAM. Best selling game in Europe. Ever.

Or something like that ;)

But Summer is very quiet in Europe; September will assure more visibility in my opinion.

Fritz said:
Wut?! hahhaha

Yep, it's true. In Italy, in mid-August, cities are sort of deserts, and very few shops decide to stay open, in particular outside the coasts, because of the weather, holidays (for both workers and students), but despite France, there's no coordination among regions, so from 7 to 21 August everyone (i.e. 90% of people) is on vacation.

weeaboo

Same for Spain, the entire month of August. We're some lazy bastards. Amazon.co.uk will save us all.

I wonder when are they going to put Xenoblade in the store.

wrowa

Uhm... well, the important European markets are the UK, Germany and France... I've never heard about a "lazy August" in any of those countries :x

leroidys

So if I buy the UK version, say, will I be able to play it in any of the European languages it is localised in?

I'm specifically thinking of Russian (is it even being localized there in Russian, or just released?)

Sadist

wrowa said:
Uhm... well, the important European markets are the UK, Germany and France... I've never heard about a "lazy August" in any of those countries :x
Yeah, I've never heard of such a thing.

The more you know

mentok15

pgtl_10 said:
Is that 45 US$ or AU$? Also does AU games work with Gecko?

How much is shipping from AU?

It's not really an Australian site, it's actually 365games.co.uk rebranded for Australia because games are far cheaper in the UK than here.

BluWacky

wrowa said:

The UK doesn't "leave the country" in the same way over the summer as many European countries do, but people are seriously not making this up - most of Europe goes to sleep over the summer, when it's too hot to do anything.

I do a lot of business with the continent and the industry I work in basically shuts down from July to September on the continent.

wrowa said:

Well, this is true, but I remember how Italy and Spain were just behind the big 3 in terms of revenues in European video game sector.
Anyway, I've just heard some people complaining they cannot have it in the launch window because shops in the area where they live are closed until end of August :p

Chittagong

Gold Member
Seriously tempted.

Loved Last Odyssey, hated FFXIII, got bored with Blue Dragon. Wonder how I would like this. Also, would it look good on a 52" 1080p lcd?

ASIS

electroplankton said:
Because September will be the month of Skyward Sword!

let's hope

Top Bottom