• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

edit: Dont read unless youve completed 50% or the whole game: Just finished
Prison Island and holy shit. I was spoiled before I even got the game that Fiora survived, but I never thought she wouldve never recognized anyone after that scene. I swear to god this game has some of the best directed cutscenes Ive seen in quite awhile. The graphics may not be HD quality but the way shots are placed alongside the killer soundtrack make everything feel so fucking epic and look so good. Im currently at lvl48 and Im about to hit up Frontier to pick up that sidequest which gives an additional Monado Art for Shulk. SO AWESOME. I keep telling myself I wont play NG+ immediatley afterwards but I really need to quit the bullshit and face up to the fact that thats probably what Ill be doing

JumpingTheGun said:
Just finished
Prison Island and holy shit. I was spoiled before I even got the game that Fiora survived, but I never thought she wouldve never recognized anyone after that scene. I swear to god this game has some of the best directed cutscenes Ive seen in quite awhile. The graphics may not be HD quality but the way shots are placed alongside the killer soundtrack make everything feel so fucking epic and look so good. Im currently at lvl48 and Im about to hit up Frontier to pick up that siequest which gives an additional Monado Art for Shulk. SO AWESOME. I keep telling myself I wont play NG+ immediatkey afterwards but I really need to quit the lies and face up to the fact that thats probably what Ill be doing
And this is how you don't do spoiler tags ;p

This is a major story spoiler, don't read until you are halfway through the game

Gvaz

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:
The graphics may not be HD quality
sx4p01-82s68f.jpg

My monado will pierce the heavens!!

emot-kamina.gif

wrowa

I asked a Xenoblade-related question in one thread. I thought it was this one. Apparently it wasn't.

Fuck, in which thread did I post?! :lol

Regarding a side in Alcamoth
How do I get into the secret club? I got the right amount of items to give in exchange for the club card but who do I talk to to get the club car?/

MicH

Lvl 55 spoiler
Fuck those god damn Mechons on Fallen Arm is kicking my ass. And fuck how far away Digit 5 is located and I got my ass handed to me before I could find a landmark. Fuck swimming all the way over there again.

Might go back and sidequest a bit. My story- aka HOLY SHIT-meter has been filled for a bit :p

JumpingTheGun said:
Regarding a side in Alcamoth
How do I get into the secret club? I got the right amount of items to give in exchange for the club card but who do I talk to to get the club car?/

There's a Nopon called Nelo. GF-Fountain of Hope, head SE and he should be by the escalator.

Die Squirrel Die said:
There's a Nopon called Nelo. GF-Fountain of Hope, head SE and he should be by the escalator.

Alright well
he doesnt have the card for trade. jog my memory and tell what exactly i needed to give him. was it green diodes?

wrowa

JumpingTheGun said:
Alright well
he doesnt have the card for trade. jog my memory and tell what exactly i needed to give him. was it green diodes?
I'm pretty sure that it's not marked as a trade but as part of the quest. You've got to talk to him.
You have to talk to the bouncer of the nightclub before, though

JumpingTheGun said:
Alright well

A drop
from Orluga Rufus in the High Entia Tomb.
It's from a quest not a trade. The quest chain starts in Frontier Village.

MicH

In regards to my earlier posts about Riki, (location and story spoiler at lvl 55!)
I really, really, REALLY started to like him when he, Dunban and Melia was stranded on Fallen Arm. Riki melted my heart when he took care of Melia and got them food and everything. Riki <3

Afrocious

JumpingTheGun said:
Prison Island and holy shit. I was spoiled before I even got the game that Fiora survived, but I never thought she wouldve never recognized anyone after that scene. I swear to god this game has some of the best directed cutscenes Ive seen in quite awhile. The graphics may not be HD quality but the way shots are placed alongside the killer soundtrack make everything feel so fucking epic and look so good. Im currently at lvl48 and Im about to hit up Frontier to pick up that sidequest which gives an additional Monado Art for Shulk. SO AWESOME. I keep telling myself I wont play NG+ immediatley afterwards but I really need to quit the bullshit and face up to the fact that thats probably what Ill be doing

Where is this
'Frontier'? I'd like a new Monado art.

edit: Oh you mean
Frontier Village
. Where who do I have to talk to to get this sidequest started?

MicH

Afrocious said:
Where is this
'Frontier'? I'd like a new Monado art.

edit: Oh you mean
Frontier Village
. Where who do I have to talk to to get this sidequest started?
A nopon named Lupa gives it out. You must have 2 star affinity in the area before and do any of her other quests. She is on the Archeology level :) It's a long line of quests before you get it.

wrowa

Everytime I collect a Ha Ha Ha I feel being trolled by the game. Does anyone know whether someone trades a Heat Peach? I'm missing one and it takes ages to find one >__>

MicH

wrowa said:
Everytime I collect a Ha Ha Ha I feel being trolled by the game. Does anyone know whether someone trades a Heat Peach? I'm missing one and it takes ages to find one >__>
Ha Ha Ha

Me too :(

Level 56ish story spoilers
I brought the part that the machine lady needed to fix Fiora, now I'm supposed to rest before coming back to the village leader... but I'm just walking around aimlessly, making time pass by and nothing happens. How am I supposed to "rest"?

Question about grinding.
*Lvl 70+ spoilers.
Nothing too big but where is a good place to lvl up?
Wait... forgot I'm stuck here.... shit lol. I'm in the core but I back tracked to do those quest but one of these damn things keeps kicking my ass. Wise something.... Well I'm lvl 70 and I'm stuck here until I move to the core itself.

McNum

Heh, I said there was a story twist coming up, and I was right. Bet this is just the first of a flurry of twists. (level 60-65 story spoilers)
Bionis shot first! And Zanza is Bionis' soul! And Lady Meynyth, who is in Fiora's body, is Mechonis' soul! I have a pretty good idea, which will likely turn out to be wrong, about what happens next now. And where the story ends. In the end, this will turn out to be Zanza's doing, and the Bionite Order, who suddenly disappeared from the story? Zanza's goons. The question then remains, who is secretly a Bionite? I'm thinking at least one major ally will be. Maybe two. Can't wait to see what Egil has to say now, even though I think it'll end up as a swordfight anyway. He'd better bring something better than the Gold Face to the fight...

It was a bit bit telegraphed with this, though. "Here, why don't we step into this convenient place and do an exposition dump, hmm? There'll be pictures!"

xtrasauce said:
Level 56ish story spoilers
I brought the part that the machine lady needed to fix Fiora, now I'm supposed to rest before coming back to the village leader... but I'm just walking around aimlessly, making time pass by and nothing happens. How am I supposed to "rest"?
There is a way you're supposed to do it.
One of the villagers in the village will give you their bed/resting pod thingy if you walk up to them. I think it was a red female but they were standing next to the bed/resting pod thing

wsippel

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:
Loved the Monado transformation scene. It's totally shonen style, but that's perfectly fine considering the whole game feels very much like a shonen manga with some philosophical undertones. Still, you haven't seen anything yet - Fiora being (kinda) alive is by no means the biggest wham moment in the game.

MicH

JumpingTheGun said:
Somehow I overlooked Sap Cave in Makna. Where is it?
Behind one of the Makna Brogs in front of the waterfall in the start of the forest. Can't remember the landmark, one of the first after Bridge One.

wsippel

Banned
McNum said:
Heh, I said there was a story twist coming up, and I was right. Bet this is just the first of a flurry of twists. (level 60-65 story spoilers)
Bionis shot first! And Zanza is Bionis' soul! And Lady Meynyth, who is in Fiora's body, is Mechonis' soul! I have a pretty good idea, which will likely turn out to be wrong, about what happens next now. And where the story ends. In the end, this will turn out to be Zanza's doing, and the Bionite Order, who suddenly disappeared from the story? Zanza's goons. The question then remains, who is secretly a Bionite? I'm thinking at least one major ally will be. Maybe two. Can't wait to see what Egil has to say now, even though I think it'll end up as a swordfight anyway. He'd better bring something better than the Gold Face to the fight...

It was a bit bit telegraphed with this, though. "Here, why don't we step into this convenient place and do an exposition dump, hmm? There'll be pictures!"
Well, the nice thing about the story in this game is that about halfway in, the more obvious something seems, the more likely it is to be wrong. ;)

McNum

wsippel said:
Well, the nice thing about the story in this game is that about halfway in, the more obvious something seems, the more likely it is to be wrong. ;)
Actually, I find that the game dangles something completely obvious in front of you so you'll feel clever for guessing it, and then hitting you over the head with a clue-by-four when you're beginning to think you know what's going on. It's fun.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't gotten to a point where I needed a map, but I also explore every nook and cranny and get the whole map revealed. Also way too much of a completionist on these quests... that's why I'm over 35 hours in but just finishing
Makna Forest
. This game will take me forever since I'm apparently only about 30-40% done.

Chairhome

Finally started playing. Runs pretty well on Dolphin, just got to the first area with Shulk and Reyn. This game is awesome! Reminds me of FFXII which is my favorite FF, at least battle system wise, which is what I was hoping for. I'm really glad I decided to get this game. Gonna be hard playing it on the Wii after seeing it on Dolphin though.

Haunted

Lovely, thanks guys.

Kinda sad that all this work needs to be done twice by the fans now. :p

chaosblade said:
I haven't gotten to a point where I needed a map, but I also explore every nook and cranny and get the whole map revealed. Also way too much of a completionist on these quests... that's why I'm over 35 hours in but just finishing
Makna Forest
. This game will take me forever since I'm apparently only about 30-40% done.
Admirable! Have fun mapping out some of the later locations, they will take a looong time. Bionis' Leg and Makna Forest are big, but not the biggest areas in the game.

The tomb in
Makna: I just completed the entire 4 string sidequest from Lupa and somehow wasnt rewarded the Monado art for Shulk. Is it still in the tomb or what?

wrowa

JumpingTheGun said:
The tomb in
Makna: I just completed the entire 4 string sidequest from Lupa and somehow wasnt rewarded the Monado art for Shulk. Is it still in the tomb or what?
I *think* the
art was inside of the coffin

Top Bottom