• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: big website update (chara. creation, field, new music)

this is not a November game it has a good summer chance for NA unless they want to send it to die next to Zelda U

I know it's not the November game, that's almost always Zelda in a Zelda release year. I assume they are trying to target no later than September for NA/EU release. I hate waiting, but I'm really curious how long it will take them to localize it.

rhandino

Banned
"Boob slider" and bikinis. Ugh, I knew it was too good to be true. Still hyped for the game, but I wish developers would stop pandering to... some people. I don't care about how you play your game or design your main character, but this kind of stuff completely ruins discussions about the game. Just take a look at some creepy comments in this very thread.

I know right, if only this was like the original...

KzZEZ43.png

YTA7SyJ.png

And yes, I found really creepy how people are reacting to one of the most standard features in a character creator: the "boob slider".

It's really weird you reaction since no one has said anything with the "W" word or derailed the discussion to lewd themes, maybe it's the faces... =/

Diffense

Boobs and bulge are not even the same thing.The equivalent would be the ability to adjust the male chest as well.

Probably the real discussion for another thread is the crazy sexualization of female breasts by everyone. Women can't even breast-feed in peace.

Notice that the male characters in Xenoblade get far more naked than any of the female characters were without controversy.

Also it seems likely that you'll be able to adjust the male physique too. It would be nice to be able to choose between slender and more buff.

"Boob slider" and bikinis. Ugh, I knew it was too good to be true. Still hyped for the game, but I wish developers would stop pandering to... some people. I don't care about how you play your game or design your main character, but this kind of stuff completely ruins discussions about the game. Just take a look at some creepy comments in this very thread.

Yeah, pandering to women with big boobs, because in the real world every woman has small boobs of the exact same size *rolls eyes*

The only one making it creepy, by giving it an undue amount of attention, when it's just one aspect of a fairly involved character creator where you can tailor most other parts of the body, is YOU

Qurupeke

Agreed.

I wonder if they will have voice chat in this or if it will be some command wheel with voice commands linked to it?

I need at least 10 ways to Tsundere reply to people.

Haha, I forgot about that. I hope online quests will be full of tsunderes. This will be glorious... I think...

I know it's not the November game, that's almost always Zelda in a Zelda release year. I assume they are trying to target no later than September for NA/EU release. I hate waiting, but I'm really curious how long it will take them to localize it.

They did say localization had started a while ago, we all saw TreeHouse had access to this game EU has not been dropping clues as much

the thing messing us up right now in the west is this late ass New 3DS focus they are going to start hyping up that XC port which is exclusive to N3DS as soon as MM has been out a few weeks

NOA may feel XCX on WiiU needs to wait until they had XC on n3DS out of the way instead of treating the WiiU title as a major game with the push it deserves they may just fall back to just static noise about this game

with all the info to come out of Japan they have done nothing to mirror it here
NOA is stupid enough to push a title like this to Spring 2016 for all we know but I hope for this summer

Luckily if the first Xenoblade is anything to go by, it goes both ways.

YTA7SyJ.png

And there is nothing wrong with that.

Let's hope so. I kept Reyn and Dunban in their swimwear most of my last playthrough. :p And I'm always swimsuit Shulk when I play as him in Smash Bros!
No shame

--

As far as release dates goes... Zelda U coming out November/December with Xenoblade X releasing in September/October would be amazing. Preferably, I would want Xenoblade X in the summer, but not getting my hopes up about that.

Raide

he is hoping the 4 player online quest mode is like a monster hunt so it could be very much like monhun

I do wonder if they have strugtured missions build for 4 players, similar to PSO. Or if they drop 4 players in the world and lead them towards questions/encounters etc.

I am hoping for a bit of both. I like having a direction but I want the open world as well.

kewlmyc

I was looking up the Japanese voice actors to see if I recognized them from any anime I watch, but then realized that the west won't be getting them anyway so whatever.

I do wonder if they have strugtured missions build for 4 players, similar to PSO. Or if they drop 4 players in the world and lead them towards questions/encounters etc.

I am hoping for a bit of both. I like having a direction but I want the open world as well.

I do hope it is as ambitious as that, it would be fun to have 4 people attacking a major UM but you also had to travel the world together just to find it instead of just dropping you in a boxed off area with it

El Odio

Banned
I can't remember the last time I was this captivated by the look and scope of a game world. I look at all these environment pictures and just want to go out there myself just to see how amazing they are.

ivysaur12

Banned
All of this looks utterly fantastic. Hopefully there's a "boob" slider on the dudes (lol fat chance, ugh) but otherwise it's just insane. Oh my god can I play it yet.

All of this looks utterly fantastic. Hopefully there's a "boob" slider on the dudes (lol fat chance, ugh) but otherwise it's just insane. Oh my god can I play it yet.

VanDamm is kinda bulky maybe you can make his size he is not fat but he is wider than most we have seen

altho thin people = LA as much as British accents = Malibu lol

bomblord1

Banned
Why are we upset about the ability to control breast size? Isn't that something you would want to have control over when making a female character?

JCX

Right, because everybody in NEW York, has british/Yorkshire accents.

On the other hand, maybe it's more suited for Spanish accents, considering they did opt for the American flag in the game?

Well I'd bet quite a few would have Dutch accents, considering it was New Amsterdam first, but yes, at its founding, NYC would probably have many people with British accents. However, that changed over time as we can all observe today.

This takes place in 2054. New LA is part of an American ship. So yes, there should be Spanish accents, among many regional American English accents.

My point being that it is absurd to expect mainly British accents in a game about a group of American evacuees of Earth. We have a wealth of dialects and accents to choose from within the States. No reason to go British just because almost every other fantasy video game does.

Why are we upset about the ability to control breast size? Isn't that something you would want to have control over when making a female character?

on NeoGAF there are two camps, the lewd animu boobies camp and those who wish it could be exiled from the forums

maybe some may feel boobs ruin a game's seriousness so a trailer showing the slider so blatantly might rub them the wrong way.

this is not a TECMO TEAM NINJA creation so I am kinda disappointed with the lack of bounce physics

my settings will be on max ;p

Raide

I do hope it is as ambitious as that, it would be fun to have 4 people attacking a major UM but you also had to travel the world together just to find it instead of just dropping you in a boxed off area with it

Yeah I do hope its more than just throwing you in to the imediate area of a monster and then kill it. Hopefully it has a story build-up to it that 4 players get to see happen.

I would love the mix of quick action and longer missions. Throw in some weird sports games with mechs etc, just for variety too!

Let's hope so. I kept Reyn and Dunban in their swimwear most of my last playthrough. :p And I'm always swimsuit Shulk when I play as him in Smash Bros!
No shame

--

As far as release dates goes... Zelda U coming out November/December with Xenoblade X releasing in September/October would be amazing. Preferably, I would want Xenoblade X in the summer, but not getting my hopes up about that.

They just need to bring back some of that high level "body oil" armor. Mhm.

JCX

Yeah I do hope its more than just throwing you in to the imediate area of a monster and then kill it. Hopefully it has a story build-up to it that 4 players get to see happen.

I would love the mix of quick action and longer missions. Throw in some weird sports games with mechs etc, just for variety too!

I'd love those. XCX is shaping up to be my PSO replacement. They have almost the same premise at least from what we know so far (crash landing on an alien planet after home planet is attacked).

Dead

well not really...yet
Looks amaze. Glad to see an awesome variety in armor as well. Some of my dudes in Xenoblade looked like straight up mechs with some of their final armor configurations lol

the boob slider/bikini shaming in this thread is pretty creepy though

Blunoise

i feel that a lot of neogaffers are afraid of big boobs. ima a guy so i like all shapes of boobs, besides if you complaing then just make a flat chested character, nuff said

Raide

I'd love those. XCX is shaping up to be my PSO replacement. They have almost the same premise at least from what we know so far (crash landing on an alien planet after home planet is attacked).

I am certinaly hoping that the drop onto the planet is filled with the same kind of awe and wonderment that I felt with PSO. Hopefuuly thtey fill the world with lots of incidental things to do as well.

There are plenty of games that go for that PSO itch I have but nothing quite does it. MH had it for me but its just not there 100%.

i feel that a lot of neogaffers are afraid of big boobs. ima a guy so i like all shapes of boobs, besides if you complaing then just make a flat chested character, nuff said

If I can add hair drills, we have a deal.

Stoof

I noticed both male and female faces in the character creator that didn't look too bad, I just wish the eyes weren't so big on a lot of the models. Ah well, this game is still looking amazing so it won't be too big of a deal.

No shame

--

Takahashi did tweet to look forward to the 'sexy armour/outfits', for both female and male, so it's essentially confirmed.

I noticed both male and female faces in the character creator that didn't look too bad, I just wish the eyes weren't so big on a lot of the models. Ah well, this game is still looking amazing so it won't be too big of a deal.

Then pick smaller eyes...those are presets that you can start with, not designs you have to go all or nothing with

sublimit

Banned
Man looking at those environment screens i can't help it but hope they will put TONS of well hidden stuff (treasure chests,special monsters,NPCs that give you special sidequests,etc) that will reward you for your exploration besides the XP gain for discovering new areas.

I mean i'm going to explore regardless but a variety of rewards would be nice. :)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The character customization video (together with the picture below) should be added in the OP of any future Xenoblade X threads. It might help avoid so much unnecessary outrage.

Bp9FYUNIYAAwGJU.png

Qurupeke

It doesn't. That's why I think it's kind of annoying. Didn't realize the boob slider was already a thing in MMOs though.

Eh at least I hope there are enough good hairstyles, facial hairs and other stuff. And hopefully, no gender exclusives armor either. This is so annoying...

But i'm pretty sure that I'll go with a female character, especially if japanese voices are in the European version...

Harusame

I have no issues with the bust slider they showed, however, it does surprise me that it lets you accommodate more compared to the bust slider on a game such as Final Fantasy XIV.

Top Bottom