• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Yggralith Horn - 1 (well, I can only imagine Pharsis would be reliable for this)
Cloudy Gerrid Soup - 5 (they're disc-like bugs on stilted legs that hop about and flop over. In Den of the Dead, below Delusians Northern Summit on the west side)
Sabula Backbone - 5 (sandworms, like the Tyrants in Oblivia/Sylvalum or the little versions you find near the Sabula tyrants Atreides and Gesserith in Sylvalum).
Bonjelium - 1 (FN mining resource)

oh yeah

he told me :)

rhandino

Banned
The Boot Camp affinity mission its the gift that keeps on giving...

261zXdE.jpg

ii7TBPwh.jpg

I love this game so much. #Pray4Gwin.

Renewed

Didn't notice we're community now, lol

oh yeah

he told me :)

I mention Den of the Dead because it houses the weaker Gerrids that can drop it. An easy way to identify it is that it's the cave right next to the FN site down below the northern summit. It's guarded by Ganglion and as you go in, you'll encounter Petramands. Another place is Quay Hollows (that one cave south of the Noctilent Sphere over the water guarded by two Zig turrets). The Gerrids there range from 51-60.

From the spreadsheet for some level 41-50 Gerrids. 407NE ,410SE, 420(lo), Den of the Dead. Otherwise, Den of the Dead or Quay Hollows.

As for what to break, I've seen it dropped from the body (aka just killing it in general) but I've been going at breaking as many appendages as possible. I need to also test treasure sensor. The drop is blue rarity.

As for the other drops, I got enough materials to make 5 augments from doing a squad mission that had both monsters weak enough to kill with a single Ares.90 Aghashura cannon blast. I'm gonna have to start keeping track of these missions for the rewards they can give.

Golnei

I don't like seeing characters and not having them fleshed out. I'd like to see how they interact with each other, like
Goetia and Ryyz.

Yeah, I battled with myself to either keep them in their canon outfits or switch them out for something else. So I decided for my first run to leave them as is with fashion gear and then the second run I'll doll them up.

What's even worse is that even the most shallow of the Faces in the first game got more characterisation and backstory. Here, you have individual figures, with unique species and presumably their own motives, which don't get touched on at all.

Also, with the armour, despite wanting to give everyone a consistent look as well; Elma was the only one I could retain the default for, the rest I just settled on a combination of armour and casual clothes to be their 'standard' outfit. Their actual defaults are just too dull.

btw which heart-to-hearts does Lao have?
I've planning on doing those then blitzing through and finishing chapter 9 to unlock flight

The first one requires a dog and is in Deliverance Park in the morning; the second is in the Outfitters hangar at night, the third is on the Ma-non ship with no time requirement, the fourth is near HB's spot at night; and the final one is in front of BLADE tower with no time requirement.

He doesn't
propose to you
in Chapter 11 regardless of what you do, unfortunately.

I mention Den of the Dead because it houses the weaker Gerrids that can drop it. Another place is Quay Hollows (that one cave south of the Noctilent Sphere over the water guarded by two Zig turrets). The Gerrids there range from 51-60.

From the spreadsheet for some level 41-50 Gerrids. 407NE ,410SE, 420(lo), Den of the Dead. Otherwise, Den of the Dead or Quay Hollows.

As for what to break, I've seen it dropped from the body (aka just killing it in general) but I've been going at breaking as many appendages as possible. I need to also test treasure sensor. The drop is blue rarity.

As for the other drops, I got enough materials to make 5 augments from doing a squad mission that had both monsters weak enough to kill with a single Ares.90 Aghashura cannon blast. I'm gonna have to start keeping track of these missions for the rewards they can give.

I have been flying around that area for the a hour some how have not found the Den
I was thinking FN 420 was the cave door

after all this time I still get lost in this huge space

I was hoping reflect damage really does what it says but XX is 100% I really want to see that on an A90

Renewed

I have been flying around that area for the a hour some how have not found the Den
I was thinking FN 420 was the cave door

after all this time I still get lost in this huge space

I was hoping reflect damage really does what it says but XX is 100% I really want to see that on an A90

I think it's FN Site 416. So basically the one to the west/left of 420 lol

Edit: I had a bout with Elvira. My on-foot electric resistance was at 125 but my accuracy was abysmal. We just kept attacking each other but it didn't budge either way for a good 15 minutes... Had a good laugh there.

I think it's FN Site 416. So basically the one to the west/left of 420 lol

yeah found it lol
also I was fighting these big dudes in Cauldros for a long time until I read the soup they dropped was Clear not Cloudy

so I enter this den with my A90 expecting the same huge towers and find tiny little shits lol

at least they are dropping cloudy soup at a nice rate

thanks for the help :)

I see these items are different

Yggralith Horn (who drops this?)
Yggralith Recovery Horn (this is
Pharsis NOPE NOT READY 4 DIS

I have been using tickets for the normal horn but all out

hilarious how we're in community and the thread instantly moves 50% slower.

Only die hard fans of a game stick with the OT threads once exiled to community

watch for LTTP threads that pop up in a few weeks lol

Xenoboy

Is Elma's last Heart to Heart only available post game or before chapter 12 as well?

Cause it has some spoilers.

I did it before 10, I didn't think there were any special spoilers. Maybe just foreshadowing, haven't even started chapter 11 so, maybe it's over my head.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Western Volkampf tracker: 273,160 as of January 9th, 2016 - 12:27 GMT

Vortice just took me out again

I need to learn how to do the overclock spam pls

edit: is the "I CAN'T MOVE" a stunned attack?

do I need Stun Resist?

rhandino

Banned
I finally mananged to make a build that I'm quite happy and it's based around Thermal damage thanks to the Thermal Dual Guns provided by the Nopon Guild and the Thermal Longswords from Six Stars AND I decked my skell in all kind of Thermal + Beam weapons with some augments to make them more effective =3

Also the armor sets and weapons of the Six Stars AM are so cool looking.

EDIT: Oh god, I noticed that I only need 1 items to 100% the Collectopedia segments of Primordia and Oblivia...

Can anyone tell me where I can specifically get some Octopus Regulators in Cauldros? I can't find any info whatsoever on them
Near the 503 point in Cauldros.

Steejee

Finally got flight, holy moly that's quite the experience flying out the first time. 'Don't worry lin, I'll be back soon!'

Some misc takes on the game about 55 hours in:
1. Most of the soundtrack is fantastic, I think the problem is how songs are used/mixed more than the actual songs. EG I love the flight song, but hate how it resets each time. Though I've sorta adapted my flying behavior to it - longer flights, more time on ground to preserve fuel. Other songs get used far less than they deserve. The multiplayer lobby song for example.
2. Four skells + flight = well there goes never running out of fuel.
3. I kinda wish I had gone more into Sylvanium/Cauldaros before flight module. Both have a lot of really cool vertical stuff that you can get to on foot. Perhaps the main story should have pushed you there before flight was available, and flight could have come as a result of a failed Cauldaros mission.
4. The Reef in Oblivia... just flying around, 'Those are some neat flying rocks' *looks up* 'Woah!'
5. This game never lets you feel safe when you're out and about. First flight is a little scary even.
6. Main story pacing is off. While I liken the whole game to an anime series that has one overarching story but spend a lot of time fleshing out the universe in side stories, the problem is in XCX those main story 'episodes' feel rushed at times. Characters come in and get knocked out super quick and a lot doesn't get as fleshed out as it needs to be.

For a brief moment after the initial flight 'high' I felt slightly burnt out, like getting Flight had suddenly made the game far less interesting now that I could see all the crazy stuff easier... then I explored deeper into Noctilum, and elsewhere, and the love came right back.

One of the aspects about a crazy expansive game like XCX, with the myriad of systems and features is has, is that when one part falls short it doesn't bother me that much as there's always something else that makes up for it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hahaha that random Nopon NPC, apparently he spent his money on Miralife cards and now ends up having no cash and has to eat through garbage.

...what the hell are Miralife cards?

Steejee

Hahaha that random Nopon NPC, apparently he spent his money on Miralife cards and now ends up having no cash and has to eat through garbage.

...what the hell are Miralife cards?

I saw some Nopon NPC lamenting how their children wanted nothing but rare cards and were wasting their parent's money, so presumably it's the latest rage in trading card games.

Maybe that's the real reason the Ganglion want Humans dead: To prevent the scourge of trading card games from destroying the universe!

-Horizon-

Almadel
actually had a fairly nice design -
it and Goetia
were completely wasted. The whole monster-of-the-week approach they took to most of the Ganglion commanders prevented any of them from doing anything interesting; which is a shame considering the episodic approach the game adopted could have given them more opportunities to be fleshed out or have their own arcs after their role in the main story ended.

Also, while this is more subjective; those renders really show how dull and unfitting most of the party's starting costumes are - Elma (and to a lesser extent Lin) is the only one who actually looks like their costume was designed for them first, despite also functioning as a generic set.

Tragically,
he survives.

You done goofed. :p

aw dang it :(

was hoping he'd later end up being tyrant food or something for being so greedy

Experien

Hmm, Elma won't fight anymore. She just stands near me through the past three battles as Lin and I have to take them all on. She has weapons...why won't she attack?

GWX

GAF, I need your help. The basic mission "House of Cards" is not in mission control, even though I finished Yardley's Scheme and finished Chapter 5 a long time ago (next one for me is Chapter 10). I want to change my character's appearance :(

Two quick questions GAF:

1.) Is there a way for me to wear stylish clothing while having good stats? I don't want all of my characters in full armor the entirety of the game. They'd look like Keyblade Masters then. :(

2.) My party (Elma, Lin, and Erina) and I are all around level 18-20. All of my arts are level 3-4. I haven't started chapter 5 yet. Should I change my class from the default class already?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I saw some Nopon NPC lamenting how their children wanted nothing but rare cards and were wasting their parent's money, so presumably it's the latest rage in trading card games.

Maybe that's the real reason the Ganglion want Humans dead: To prevent the scourge of trading card games from destroying the universe!

Ahh right, apparently this hobopon will start a sidequest chain involving said cards

...who knew the merchant race would fall prey to trading cards

B_Bech

Two quick questions GAF:

1.) Is there a way for me to wear stylish clothing while having good stats? I don't want all of my characters in full armor the entirety of the game. They'd look like Keyblade Masters then. :(

2.) My party (Elma, Lin, and Erina) and I are all around level 18-20. All of my arts are level 3-4. I haven't started chapter 5 yet. Should I change my class from the default class already?

Good news:

1. Fashion Gear is a thing

2. Arts are tied to weapons, not class and you get to use each class's weapons with any class once you max out that class.

Astral Dog

Ok, i want to get another lv. 50 Skell for Lin, what is better, the Lailah or Inferno? i see the former has better stats despite being slightly cheaper, or should i wait and buy a heavy one?

random25

Oh sweet! Gonna research fashion gear now. How do I know I've maxed out a class?

Level 10 is the max class. But you need to master the end branch (4th column) to be able to use the class-assigned weapons to other classes.

Ok, i want to get another lv. 50 Skell for Lin, what is better, the Lailah or Inferno? i see the former has better stats despite being slightly cheaper, or should i wait and buy a heavy one?

Inferno is the better of the two, I think. Or if you can save a little more, go for a true heavy type.

rhandino

Banned
One of the aspects about a crazy expansive game like XCX, with the myriad of systems and features is has, is that when one part falls short it doesn't bother me that much as there's always something else that makes up for it.
I do agree with this, I kind of miss some things from the previous game like having all the party members at once or them getting shared exp. but then I go out exploring or doing some random normal mission and then I get hooked again.

Oh sweet! Gonna research fashion gear now. How do I know I've maxed out a class?
Each class maxes at Level 10 and when you finish a branch you can use those weapons and the arts associated with them in other classes letting you mix and match and create your own custom class.

Golnei

The conversation in Murderess' final affinity mission where
Gibbons tries to justify his murders by calling the population of NLA soulless empty shells imitating humans
is kind of awkward with
Yelv in the party

Augment slots? Depending if you really want to bother with them before the final chapter.

Yeah...I'll probably switch over to prioritizing money after maxing out the shops.

(I'm kind of curious how far in postgame you can get without crafting augments or equipment haha)

vareon

Finished chapter 12!

Have no intention to stop playing at all. Lots of affinity missions, normal missions. I need more Mira.

Final boss was wimp but I still can't defeat Rexoskell, lol. They should've let those guys run the operation instead.

Now to learn this online stuff while preparing for Ares 90.

Top Bottom