• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

alvis.exe

Wow people weren't kidding about Joker being easy. Was kind of worried considering I haven't been messing around with builds as much but one Phoenix and a couple of Insectoid XX augments later and I'm taking it out with ease. Probably will use it to level up all my characters and classes before really delving into the postgame.

Anyways a few questions:
1) Are there caps to Augment boosts like in the first game and how do I see if I've maxxed something out?

2) Any lists of augments that are weapon specific? I know the Custom skell augments only affect the weapon they're applied to, correct? I think the Weapon Attack Up stuff is the same for Ground Gear?

3) Augments that affect Melee/Ranged Attack/Accuracy affect arts and auto-attacks right? Just want to make sure.

4) Any succinct explanations out there as to how enemy weapon drop tiers work? Like there's Worn, Advanced, Ultra that appears in the name of the weapon but then there's Basic, Unique, Rare, etc in the color of the weapon. How is a Worn weapon different from an Advanced weapon and how is a Basic Worn weapon different from a Rare Worn weapon? Does the former tier list of Worn, Advanced, etc affect base stats while the rarity affects number of augments/quality of augments?

5) And what about when weapons have a II or III after the name? I have a Worn Delta Lastyr "I", II, and III. All are Unique rarity. I and III have the same base damage but slightly different cooldowns. I and II do beam damage while III does thermal. II has the same cooldown as I but higher base damage and less ammo. Is there an actual pattern here or am I just trying too hard to find patterns :p

6) Augment management. Is there a way to see a list of all equipped augments and manage them from there? I know there's an option to Remove Augment and another Remove Augment (list) or something like that but they seem to do the same thing for me? It's annoying that augments seemingly disappear from the inventory list once they're equipped. I'm afraid I'll equip one somewhere to some character I'll never use and then end up forgetting about it :/

Nia

I beat the game, and I've just started diving into the postgame content. However I'm going to take a break for a while because I want to finish Yoshi's Woolly World. It was everything I wanted in terms of exploration and wonder. Story was good too, though it did falter a bit with
Dagahn and Ryzz.

They were underused and could have had a lot more potential. I thought they would contrast them with Celica and Rock and use that as a starting point for them defecting from the Ganglion. You just fight them a couple of times and then they apparently die. I'd like to believe they made it out of Zu Pharg okay and will come back in the sequel, but I don't expect it.

define "not far" :p
4) Any succinct explanations out there as to how enemy weapon drop tiers work? Like there's Worn, Advanced, Ultra that appears in the name of the weapon but then there's Basic, Unique, Rare, etc in the color of the weapon. How is a Worn weapon different from an Advanced weapon and how is a Basic Worn weapon different from a Rare Worn weapon?
not that it has a complete explanation, but you could always check the wiki

boxter432

Wow people weren't kidding about Joker being easy. Was kind of worried considering I haven't been messing around with builds as much but one Phoenix and a couple of Insectoid XX augments later and I'm taking it out with ease. Probably will use it to level up all my characters and classes before really delving into the postgame.
I've died on every attempt. Even with a couple level 50 skells and Phoenix and g busters... Guess I'm the joke.

alvis.exe

not that it has a complete explanation, but you could always check the wiki

Eh was hoping for something more complete. I already figured that Worn->Advanced->Ultra? (Is there another tier between or after that?) would be a slight increase in base stats while Basic->Rare->Unique->Prime->Intergalactic? would be better and more augments but was hoping for some confirmation of that theory :p Also do all weapons come in all 5 rarities or are some weapons always Intergalactic?

I've died on every attempt. Even with a couple level 50 skells and Phoenix and g busters... Guess I'm the joke.

Hmmm I'm using one lv50 skell (Inferno with one Phoenix and one GBuster equipped), two lv30s, and one ground unit I'm too lazy to give a skell to haha. I do have like 5 Insectoid XX augments on my skell though, none for anyone else. I kind of just charge in and use the Phoenix Art once I hear the music. That kills off all the other Blatta. Then it's just keeping myself alive while waiting for Phoenix/GBuster to cooldown. Two of the weapons I'm using have AttributeDmg.Thermal augments attached though - no idea if they're helping or if they're only limited to the weapon they're attached to.

That's Hope. The girl who's always around the church, assuming you don't know who she is means you probably didn't recruit her. "Marry Me!" basic social mission from the board and then accept the affinity mission just near her. Or maybe it slipped your mind, lol.

Ah I think I completely missed her. I'm rarely around the church and I havent gone there once since I beat the game. I need to recruit her.

Finally started playing the game today. Three hours in and I'm having a pretty fun time.

However, I'm still a little confused on the multiplayer/co-op and would like some help on that. When is the best time to go into it? I have friends that want to play it and I thought it was a good idea to wait until we had a Skell. Do the Divisions/Classes come into play in multiplayer? I'm having a little bit of a difficult time understanding how the online play works.

Reflect is going to be a bitch without augments,and your damage is kinda unless its the Ares.

You'll get through most of the quests/affinity missions fine (until the very,very end game ones), but completing the world is going to be a problem.

got it, I'll build an Ares 90 of course though :p

El Odio

Banned
Is this the power of light?

Have fun loitering in the industrial district for all eternity Celica...

Finally started playing the game today. Three hours in and I'm having a pretty fun time.

However, I'm still a little confused on the multiplayer/co-op and would like some help on that. When is the best time to go into it? I have friends that want to play it and I thought it was a good idea to wait until we had a Skell. Do the Divisions/Classes come into play in multiplayer? I'm having a little bit of a difficult time understanding how the online play works.

You can start playing multiplayer after chapter 3, but the early multiplayer missions are more just for fun until you can face the Telethia global nemesis, which I would recommend a party of level 30 skells for (at a minimum, unless you have an experienced vet who can carry you). Divisions don't come into play in multiplayer, but classes do (classes, e.g. Striker, Galactic Knight, Mastermind, etc. determine your arts and skills).

Realized I was using some lvl 30 gear on my lvl 50 skell. Also I realized after 150 hrs that you can press R to see the art that comes with each gear lol. Sigh.

Just blew 9 mil on a new lvl 50 and outfitting all my current 50s. Feels good man.

Finally got my first Skell and was expecting to roll into battle and destroy. However, I seem to be much weaker than I would be on foot. What gives?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Finally got my first Skell and was expecting to roll into battle and destroy. However, I seem to be much weaker than I would be on foot. What gives?

Did you kit it out with a bunch of weapons and shit? If not then you'll only have like 2 arts. Skell arts are tied to the weapons equiped.

More and more suits for my team!

Now I have the following in suits + scouter:

Main Char
Elma
Lin
Hope
Alexa
Yelv
Frye

May take some time given how it's pretty luck based getting the normal quest with sutis to pop up again but still, I can eventually get my team looking like agents

Pineconn

Dumb question: does skell art damage scale off of your skell's ranged/melee attack? Wondering if ranged attack drive will affect Aghasura, etc.

So I just started the game last night, didn't play much but I did get to picking my division. Chose Mediator as it sounded the most interesting, but I'm concerned that it's the most useless.

Did I make a bad choice? What's the consensus on who to choose?

Did you kit it out with a bunch of weapons and shit? If not then you'll only have like 2 arts. Skell arts are tied to the weapons equiped.

Yeah, I grabbed a bunch of gear for it and filled my Arts slots, but my damage seems very low (and slow, too). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'll keep working at it!

Tan

Okay so I accepted an affinity quest 'Weaponized' at level 17 where I now have to go to Sylvolum for the first time. I started running north and boy this is rough. Am I going about this wrong? Should I just circumvent all enemies for the whole trek up there? Or is there an easier way to get there considering there's a big blank space on the map.

edit: I swam

El Odio

Banned
So I finally found some blueprints for superweapons. Since reward tickets are out of the question due to no online is there a spreadsheet or something that has a good list of where to find some of the needed materials for them?

Okay so I accepted an affinity quest 'Weaponized' at level 17 where I now have to go to Sylvolum for the first time. I started running north and boy this is rough. Am I going about this wrong? Should I just circumvent all enemies for the whole trek up there? Or is there an easier way to get there considering there's a big blank space on the map.

Xenoblade is designed to be non-linear. So if you see enemies stronger than you just run/avoid/stealth around them. Don't need to kill everything you see.

Mistle

thought i'd quit long before this point but i now have two lvl 60 skells, swapped their armour, have a zenith cannon and deus crusher (and want the g-piledriver for apparent gurren lagann similarities haha), now I just need heaps of augments O_O and perhaps any other superweapons that sound cool/fun.

so from here on out, i'm pretty much on my way to a one-shot machine. but, if I didn't want that, is there any augments setup I could have that would allow me to tackle most all tyrants, but without having to one shot them? maybe lots of evasion or something.

You can start playing multiplayer after chapter 3, but the early multiplayer missions are more just for fun until you can face the Telethia global nemesis, which I would recommend a party of level 30 skells for (at a minimum, unless you have an experienced vet who can carry you). Divisions don't come into play in multiplayer, but classes do (classes, e.g. Striker, Galactic Knight, Mastermind, etc. determine your arts and skills).
Thanks.

Narras

Is Doug supposed to have some romantic interest in Hope? In some post-battle banter, I heard him fumbling for words trying to greet Hope. It was kind of funny.

Also, the music that plays in the open waters is under appreciated. So calming and chill.

Remember people, the level 20 skell is just a training skell. It's not supposed to be your main skell throughout the game. Don't be crazy like me and try beating the game with it. Sure it's entirely possible but it's voluntary hard mode.

Haunted

Small design decision I would've changed: tyrants don't respawn. Makes them feel like actual characters and unique. Replace them in the world with a regular mob of the same type and level if there's something to their placement, but respawning doesn't feel right if we're talking about named enemies.

I also wish there was a post game augment that just marked every tyrant in the game on the map so I could actually, methodically clear them out. That'd make for an actual post-game quest worth pursuing. The way it's now, it feels like the post game grind for augments and lvl 60 skells isn't really worth it because there's... not much to do. Being able to fight a handful of lvl90+ tyrants isn't worth the necessary time investment, imo.

Neki

GAF, I need your help. The basic mission "House of Cards" is not in mission control, even though I finished Yardley's Scheme and finished Chapter 5 a long time ago (next one for me is Chapter 10). I want to change my character's appearance :(

Cancel some quests you have, it only appeared for me when I had one active quest. (Off the Record)

Malus

Aaaaaand everybody's at level 5 affinity, except
Mr. Lao
. Pretty quick process. Now to reap all those heart to hearts.

Top Bottom