• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

You can't equip two melee at the same time. If you like hundred shells then just go for dual guns+dual swords combo.

Here's an example for a dual guns+dual swords build focused in critical back stab:

Arts:
- Ghost walker
Use this as decoy/invincibility.

- Primer
Use this to boost TP and critical bonus.

- Killing Machine (1000 TP/blue art)
This is the same thing as Offensive Stand, it could be used to extend the overdrive.

- Zero Zero
To raise the overdrive number up, skip it after you hit maximum overdrive

- Side Slash
Normal attack, combo starter

- Backslash
Combo
- Shadowstrike
Combo
- Hundred Shell (Finisher)

Skills:
- Supreme Sword
- Fast Forward
- CQC Master
- Aura Assault
- Background Noise

Note: You need to make sure you strike enemy from its back to make this build work, though.

thanks I'll give this a try soon

Jackano

Reached 190h yesterday (I think?) and I'm starting to farm things for Skell frame and Skell weapons.

First I will prioritize the weapons speed for my Ares. I'm not sure if I will need another Skell once speed, damage boost, a few defensive and HP augments will be on board but I want to try some super weapons for a lv.60 Skell.

StAidan

Just another progress update from me, I reached level 50 this morning at 75 hours on the in-game clock. Some points of reference for where I'm at in the game:

- Not yet started chapter 7
- Most recruitable characters are level 40 or higher
- Primorida and Oblivia at 60% survey rates, Noctilum 50%. Sylvalum is sitting low at 30%, while I still have 0% in Cauldros.

Tonight I'll probably buy and equip my level 50 skell, and maybe tomorrow start chapter 7. Taking it slow is really the way to go in this game, it's amazing to have spent this much time in the world and still be discovering new things in places I've been three times already.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Western Volkampf tracker: 279,378 as of January 11th, 2016 - 16:33 GMT

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Just another progress update from me, I reached level 50 this morning at 75 hours on the in-game clock. Some points of reference for where I'm at in the game:

- Not yet started chapter 7
- Most recruitable characters are level 40 or higher
- Primorida and Oblivia at 60% survey rates, Noctilum 50%. Sylvalum is sitting low at 30%, while I still have 0% in Cauldros.

Tonight I'll probably buy and equip my level 50 skell, and maybe tomorrow start chapter 7. Taking it slow is really the way to go in this game, it's amazing to have spent this much time in the world and still be discovering new things in places I've been three times already.

Haha wow. Level 50 before chapter 7? I'm thinking about starting Chapter 12 and I'm only on the verge of 50. You will have little challenge in those story missions I think.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So I've logged something like 80 hours so far and I've only gone through Chapter 8 (some of those hours may have been idling though - so maybe my true playtime is closer to 70?) - mainly doing a lot of exploring and side quests, lol. Taking my sweet time, almost at level 40...so far I've been ignoring augments for the most part, should I start paying attention and try to make these? Or is that a better use of time at the end-game type of thing?

george_us

So...is there anyway to recover lost skells without going back to the hanger? I've lost three of my skells fighting
mutant Lao
and the dude is pretty much impossible without them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So...is there anyway to recover lost skells without going back to the hanger? I've lost three of my skells fighting
mutant Lao
and the dude is pretty much impossible without them.

Well, kinda bad news since you
lose your skells in the second phase of that fight anyway and need to kill him on foot.

george_us

Well, kinda bad news since you
lose your skells in the second phase of that fight anyway and need to kill him on foot.
Eh I wound up just lowering the difficulty. Felt like a scrub doing it though lol.

Also lol at
"Not Kos-Mos" Elma.

Malus

I got myself the OST in september and it's all i've been listening to last months. I can't understand people find it inferior to the original Xenoblade's soundtrack. Songs like In the forest, The key we've lost and even Black tar are on a whole other level. Sad it won't get as much exposure as it deserves.

I think I prefer the original ost by a slim margin, but XCX is really a one of a kind soundtrack. I didn't play yesterday but I spend an hour listening to different tracks.

The Way is my fav at the moment.

hohoXD123

I've been trying to find Kirsty for planetary pioneer 2, but have no idea where she is/how to activate the mission. I've finished the game but is there any other prerequisites?

The Cauldros music is pretty good, now that Im finally able to listen to it and not the flying or battle themes. Its not as melodic as the other 4 continent themes but it suits the environment nicely.

It sounds like something from Tron: Legacy. That bass too, whoooooooo

XiaNaphryz

I've been trying to find Kirsty for planetary pioneer 2, but have no idea where she is/how to activate the mission. I've finished the game but is there any other prerequisites?

She should still be in the same spot near the Maintenance Center in the Admin District.

Wow chapter 12 sucks sooooo much.
So all the bosses die easy, then you get to the very last one and all of a sudden your Skells don't work anymore for no reason? That's fine, still winning. Oh wait, he starts calling in some help on top of that!
Considering that you have to go through that whole chapter again if you need to buy some better gear that you wasn't sure you'd need it's a frustrating design. I don't get why we couldn't just have some fast travel point or something.

Now I'm basically stuck leaving the system running so I can buy some better gear whereas I had the cash to kit out at least one more player after getting through all of that. Unfortunately the only way back seems to be a reset. I'd hate to think what would happen if you saved at that point.

XiaNaphryz

Not here. Is she only there at certain times of the day?

I dunno...eventually she ends up in the Commercial District in one of the alleys between buildings, but I had thought that only occurred after you finished that second Pioneer mission you're talking about.

digdug2k

I finally got started on this last night. I just wanted to check, is there any penalty for fighting random non-threatening animals out in the wild?

My grindy side from Xenoblade is used to just fighting everything that's not to many levels above me to save me, but the cut scenes made such a big deal about it ("we only kill the bad animals"), I started to get worried I was affecting some obscure affinity or something.

Wow chapter 12 sucks sooooo much.
So all the bosses die easy, then you get to the very last one and all of a sudden your Skells don't work anymore for no reason? That's fine, still winning. Oh wait, he starts calling in some help on top of that!
Considering that you have to go through that whole chapter again if you need to buy some better gear that you wasn't sure you'd need it's a frustrating design. I don't get why we couldn't just have some fast travel point or something.

Now I'm basically stuck leaving the system running so I can buy some better gear whereas I had the cash to kit out at least one more player after getting through all of that. Unfortunately the only way back seems to be a reset. I'd hate to think what would happen if you saved at that point.

Yeah I barely won that very last fight.

Definitely do not ever save after the point of no return. Never a good idea.

I finally got started on this last night. I just wanted to check, is there any penalty for fighting random non-threatening animals out in the wild?

My grindy side from Xenoblade is used to just fighting everything that's not to many levels above me to save me, but the cut scenes made such a big deal about it ("we only kill the bad animals"), I started to get worried I was affecting some obscure affinity or something.

Penalty is the same as it was in the first game, get kicked to the last landmark.

actually you do lose all your TP as well which kinda sucks

edit: oh wait you mean penalty for actually killing things, lol no

digdug2k

Penalty is the same as it was in the first game, get kicked to the last landmark.
actually you do lose all your TP as well which kinda sucks
edit: oh wait you mean penalty for actually killing things, lol no

Heh. I wondered about death as well anyway, so thanks!

eaise

Neo Member
Ok so I decided to try the gatling reflect build and tried to fight The Everqueen.
Because I haven't fought her before I just equipped all of the reflect attributes. Everything was going fine but suddenly I died. My aura was still active. So I don't know what happened.

Does She have an attack I can't reflect? (Since all the attributes where being reflected this is the only answer I could think of)

If so how do I get around that problem?

random25

Finally finished that fucking lobster shit. And I knew it all along...

And did bring the end the blood lobster deserved.
I spared him to spoil his grand ending.

-Horizon-

The Cauldros music is pretty good, now that Im finally able to listen to it and not the flying or battle themes. Its not as melodic as the other 4 continent themes but it suits the environment nicely.

It sounds like something from Tron: Legacy. That bass too, whoooooooo
Sylvalum is still my favorite.

Wichu

Ok so I decided to try the gatling reflect build and tried to fight The Everqueen.
Because I haven't fought her before I just equipped all of the reflect attributes. Everything was going fine but suddenly I died. My aura was still active. So I don't know what happened.

Does She have an attack I can't reflect? (Since all the attributes where being reflected this is the only answer I could think of)

If so how do I get around that problem?

It probably put its own reflect up. I don't think you can reflect reflected damage again.

El Odio

Banned
So concerning Corwin's team's questline
When you fight the black skell outside of that cave in Sylvalum after Corwin baits the 3 bots was it supposed to just flaot there and do nothing for the entirety of the fight? They talked so much shit these past missions only to not even attack once. Super anticlimactic unless it was a weird bug but still.

eaise

Neo Member
Some attacks can't be reflected, I'm guessing you got hit by one of those.

So people just kill her before that move can be used? I can't hit that hard with the new build yet.
Maybe I can use Astrolibrium and Ghostwalker together. Have to rely on Saber for damage then tho...

She should still be in the same spot near the Maintenance Center in the Admin District.

I dunno...eventually she ends up in the Commercial District in one of the alleys between buildings, but I had thought that only occurred after you finished that second Pioneer mission you're talking about.

I think for Planetary 2 she's behind Division Drive above the hangar.

Been looking to get this game. However the first one was ddifficult to play for me. For a modern jrpg novice. How easy will it be to dive into this game?

I think for that quest she's actually near the elevator on the right side of the BLADE tower, looking out over the residential district. I just started chapter 6, only 30 hours in and level 23, but I THINK I accepted that quest when I talked to her. If it's the same one, that's where I remember talking to her.

Been looking to get this game. However the first one was ddifficult to play for me. For a modern jrpg novice. How easy will it be to dive into this game?

Really dependent on WHY Xenoblade Wii was hard for you.

This game is different, it's not focused on being a story driven experience. It's very much an open world game, and the first 3 chapters of the story simply set up the world and the basics of the game, then encouraging you to cultivate the new world you've set down upon.

The story picks up again with introducing new things every chapter, and it gets progressively more and more interesting, but between story missions the world opens up more, NPCs say different things, you talk to them and find out more about the world, more about characters, and simply spend time traversing and interacting with the world and it's people/wildlife. In that sense it's easy to play, because you kind of just do what you want to do when you want to do it, instead of being driven by a story and going from cutscene to cutscene with wide hallways in between (like the first Xenoblade). Basically, this game is more focused on exploration and gameplay, like battle and creating a personalized combat build (as one who didn't really enjoy much of the combat in the first Xenoblade, as it got dull after some time) this game has WAY more depth in battle systems, resulting in much more interesting battles imo).

I don't really know if you'll have a better time with this game than the first one because I have no idea why you had a hard time. This post will hopefully set up something that might give you some insight into that though.

Should be noted that I'm only 30 hours in, just starting Chapter 6.

squadr0n

question about early game stuff im kinda stumped on atm: (Spoilers for super early game stuff)

1. What is the point of changing the Probes and how do I know which one to use at a certain location?

Ive seen a few people saying how easy this game flows for them and didnt have to grind but im not seeing it. They throw soo much at you all at once and barely spend time explaining what the systems are. I really like the combat alot but im having a hard time overcoming this hump that will let me understand exactly what this game really is.

Malus

Well you can turn the difficulty down if you die to a story boss a lot, and grinding is easier thanks to skells. Just beating the game shouldn't be tough if you're willing to put the time in.

Since you say you're a JRPG novice, I'm going to assume the trouble you had with the game was due to complicated gameplay systems. In which case, this game is even more complex in that regard.

I would recommend doing some research before diving in. Nintendo's official survival guides are a good place to start.

I never played the original Xenoblade Chronicles and I got into this game just fine, but I did watch a good amount of coverage beforehand. Your experience may vary.

No it's a flat 5 levels, Wyndstryker was just very dedicated to the cause of beating the game with the level 20 skell.

If it makes a 20 Skell.. winnable, then I imagine it's a very useful feature for players that get caught in the later missions wholly unprepared.

That, and do the speedrunners plan on using it even as a separate category?

If it makes a 20 Skell.. winnable, then I imagine it's a very useful feature for players that get caught in the later missions wholly unprepared.

That, and do the speedrunners plan on using it even as a separate category?

Lowering the difficulty is totally allowed (though actually not optimal in most cases), the only alternate any% category would be with online allowed, because that would be extremely cheesy :p

Top Bottom