• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Elma's 2nd heart-to-heart

WVW69is-x3kWH2qfSu

WVW69is-yd4o9LxUsD

I giggled :lol

Nohar

The spiders and bats in Sylvalum can be killed rather quickly with Skells (I farmed there because of the Chapter 9 battle). If you don't mind the horrible weather that may pop, that is.

I also heard about a nice place in Oblivia, but I don't remember where.

I will need to find the places I miss in Oblivia, to improve even more the money I'm getting there (seriously, the amount of money you can make is insane).

NeoRausch

The spiders and bats in Sylvalum can be killed rather quickly with Skells (I farmed there because of the Chapter 9 battle). If you don't mind the horrible weather that may pop, that is.

I also heard about a nice place in Oblivia, but I don't remember where.

I will need to find the places I miss in Oblivia, to improve even more the money I'm getting there (seriously, the amount of money you can make is insane).

Interest piqued!

FN Site 217 in Noctilum

Thanks! Gonna check it out!

When I see the card on a hexagon that represents a normal mission, does that mean I have a mission on my list that goes there as an objective or is there a mission in that hexagon I can pick up? Because I've wandered around those areas for ages and haven't found any missions.

Should I even bother buying anything from the armory, or are drops going to keep me up to date on equipment?

Certain mods on armor is only available via the shops. Otherwise, they tend to stick to one piece as a drop. Like Treasure Sensor tends to be head only, but if you fully unlock C&C, you can get TS on all pieces of armor.

Part of the min/maxing in this game will come from realizing what can go where, and what is easy to find. Crafting Attribute Damage for skells can only be done for the skell frame, and it's farm heavy..., but you can find weapons that have it on them as drops, and you can buy armor from the store that has it.

There are a lot of small missteps with this game...really dumb...

I personally think they coulda made the absolutely useless 'basecamps' in this game serve purposes such as skell repair/replacement/refuel.

Sooo what do I have to do to unlock Ultra ground gear?

Ultra ground gear will drop from stuff level 60 or higher. There are 2 tiers to it as well. Stuff from monsters lvl 60ish, and stuff from tyrants level 70+.

Nohar

Interest piqued!

If you place the probes like in the image below, and if you discover the panoramas (you need to discover them: it will boost significantly the income), you can reach 130k easily from that area alone:

2015.5.16_1-min.jpg

You can then improve even more the income with research probes combos (assuming you have the necessary probes). The crucial place is 2: once you discover the panoramas there (at the top of the highest mountain, and somewhere else I don't remember), you will win amazing amounts. Just be sure to respect the above probe layout.

1, 4, 5 and 6 are Research probes (the higher, the better).
2 is a Copy probe.
3 is a Booster II probe.

NeoRausch

If you place the probes like in the image below, and if you discover the panoramas (you need to discover them: it will boost significantly the income), you can reach 130k easily from that area alone:

2015.5.16_1-min.jpg

You can then improve even more the income with research probes combos (assuming you have the necessary probes). The crucial place is 2: once you discover the panoramas there (at the top of the highest mountain, and somewhere else I don't remember), you will win amazing amounts. Just be sure to respect the above probe layout.

1, 4, 5 and 6 are Research probes (the higher, the better).
2 is a Copy probe.
3 is a Booster II probe.

Oh wow, much appreciated! Gonna set that up now! Thanks mate!

Jisgsaw

FN Site 217 in Noctilum

Yeah, this is a great farming spot for lv 30 to 50.
Get a skell with G-Buster, two kill the spiders, you'll get almost 2 levels per run.

When I see the card on a hexagon that represents a normal mission, does that mean I have a mission on my list that goes there as an objective or is there a mission in that hexagon I can pick up? Because I've wandered around those areas for ages and haven't found any missions.

From what I've seen, it means a mission ends there.
I've already had a couple of the normal missions that starts there also, i.e. the mission was talk to a person, bring her back some random loot, so both start and end of the mission where there.

Oh wow, much appreciated! Gonna set that up now! Thanks mate!

Quick remark: iirc, the booster is best placed at 5, with two research probes next to it (north and south) in addition. Or put a second booster there nd keep the one on 3, I think that's even better.

anaron

Tanaka tweeted about the artbook, anyone able to translate?

"@NETONEVISIONS: 📷 『XenobladeX The Secret File Art of MIRA』発売中です。少しですが僕のラフと線画も載せていただいています。モノリスソフトさんの更なる飛躍を願って。 https://t.co/EPPySr8P9"

NeoRausch

Quick remark: iirc, the booster is best placed at 5, with two research probes next to it (north and south) in addition. Or put a second booster there nd keep the one on 3, I think that's even better.

Awesome! Thanks man!
I'm looking for the vistas/secret areas now. That's gonna take a while!

ugoo18

These affinity quests can be so frustrating to find :/

Could someone please tell me how to unlock the Lionheart affinity quest. I've been playing with Celica all day and finished her Fitting in Affinity quest. I thought that was a requirement for it but still can't find Lionheart anywhere.

Jisgsaw

Awesome! Thanks man!
I'm looking for the vistas/secret areas now. That's gonna take a while!

You'll need the flight module for most of them.
I think Cauldros is even better for this setup, because the revenue ratings are better. I'll have to test when I get back at my place next week.

NeoRausch

You'll need the flight module for most of them.
I think Cauldros is even better for this setup, because the revenue ratings are better. I'll have to test when I get back at my place next week.

I'm pretty happy for now. But let me know if you got something.
I still need to explore cauldros more!

Found the secret spots quite fast using this gallery:

http://imgur.com/a/6Ptqs
Is just a few, but just what I needed.

Zareka

Can party members not revive each other? They're topped off at 3k TP and revive me just fine but everyone else is left for dead. Kind of annoying considering building up 3k TP myself isn't nearly as manageable as a party meter bar in XBC.

Slowly getting the hang of combat. I thought I'd be fine firing in right after Chronicles but noooope. Ton of changes to how stuff works.

Zareka

They can, I saw them do it lots of times (usually when I was in my skell and them on foot, I wasn't caring too much who lived or died)
Weird then cuz no one is doing it for me. Lin has been dead for a good minute now and Elma ain't doing jack with her 3000 TP. I can't find a command it anything for it either.

HOLD UP I just hit pause and a whole slew of orders came up. I'll see if I find a revive command in there. Wow I'm dumb. Edit: gonna take the titles advice and read the manual.

Sooo what do I have to do to unlock Ultra ground gear? Because I just played online with someone who had 1100+ attack power with ground gear alone and was doing 2,000,000+ damage per overdrive total on the Global Nemesis Telethia. They had lots of Melee Attack Up and Potential Up augments, but were only able to do so because of all of the slots on their weapons.

I seriously could not believe my eyes. I need that gear ASAP!
Ultra can be dropped form level 60+ enemies but apparently really you want to aim for over level 67 so they they are always infinite/boundless versions (level XV built-in augments, one manufacturer uses the term boundless instead) instead of Regal. So go through the spreadsheet linked in the OP and find such enemies. I think they are all tyrants though. Do note mechanoids tend to drop armour for skells instead and some enemies don't drop armour at all (e.g. Joker).

There is an incomplete list of who drops what here which is also helpful for hunting (I like that manufacturers and weight are listed). The spreadsheet is starting to have have some of that info but the tyrants tab currently hasn't been updated.

Remember to fully level arms manufacturers too as otherwise you'll get broken gear (I wish I had kept some more broken headsets as using them as fashion gear to hide helmets is good) and possibly worse augments.

Difference between light/medium/heavy is heavy has better defence, worse gravity resist and less upgrades possible. If you're doing the dual gun/longsword overdrive build (i.e. decoy or ghost factory) I'd try to go light as infinite armour has 10 upgrades possible enough to turn two XV augments into XX augments (the upgrade costs might be as much as making XX for an empty slot though). Also while in overdrive accuracy augments have no effect as you always have 100% hit.

You might notice most easier to access enemies or ones that are farmed for augments anyway drop heavy armour though. If you're not planning to upgrade the augments on the armour there is little harm using those.

In terms of augments it is probably best to be realistic and not go for 3 augments you want on each piece. One or even two is plenty. Maybe if you are thinking of upgrading the built-in augments then you might want something more "perfect".

Ultra can be dropped form level 60+ enemies but apparently really you want to aim for over level 67 so they they are always infinite/boundless versions (level XV built-in augments, one manufacturer uses the term boundless instead) instead of Regal. So go through the spreadsheet linked in the OP and find such enemies. I think they are all tyrants though. Do note mechanoids tend to drop armour for skells instead and some enemies don't drop armour at all (e.g. Joker).

There is an incomplete list of who drops what here which is also helpful for hunting (I like that manufacturers and weight are listed). The spreadsheet is starting to have have some of that info but the tyrants tab currently hasn't been updated.

Remember to fully level arms manufacturers too as otherwise you'll get broken gear (I wish I had kept some more broken headsets as using them as fashion gear to hide helmets is good) and possibly worse augments.

Difference between light/medium/heavy is heavy has better defence, worse gravity resist and less upgrades possible. If you're doing the dual gun/longsword overdrive build (i.e. decoy or ghost factory) I'd try to go light as infinite armour has 10 upgrades possible enough to turn two XV augments into XX augments (the upgrade costs might be as much as making XX for an empty slot though). Also while in overdrive accuracy augments have no effect as you always have 100% hit.

You might notice most easier to access enemies or ones that are farmed for augments anyway drop heavy armour though. If you're not planning to upgrade the augments on the armour there is little harm using those.

In terms of augments it is probably best to be realistic and not go for 3 augments you want on each piece. One or even two is plenty. Maybe if you are thinking of upgrading the built-in augments then you might want something more "perfect".

Thanks! I'll start working on it sometime today.

Sorry, I wasn't being cleared with my post. I'm talking about where I can find the augment? I still don't have it yet on my AM Terminal. I wonder what I need to show up.

like any other augments, you need to get at least 1 of each materials for it to appear on it. not in the game atm so cannot list down the materials needed

Mendrox

Anyone know where I can get

Lava Fox
Prickley Crickets

in Cauldros at the insel in the south? According to the guide the items are there but after a hour I couldnt still find them. I finished the story and have about 65% in Cauldros so I think I was at many places and there is no other cave (except for the probe or anything).

zroid

Banned
I still haven't found any of the sightseeing spots in Oblivia from that big cluster of linked Probes on the east side :(

feels like I've climbed and looked all over but still nothing....

Anyone know where I can get

Lava Fox
Prickley Crickets

in Cauldros at the insel in the south? According to the guide the items are there but after a hour I couldnt still find them. I finished the story and have about 65% in Cauldros so I think I was at many places and there is no other cave (except for the probe or anything).

http://imgur.com/a/4Gb2C

I don't know if you've seen it, but there is a cave north of Mount M'gando. The map there is not correct, but if you look at the number 9 which indicates a cave to the northeast, to the east of that, north of M'gando like I said, there's a cave with a level 61 guard in front of it.

I think you can also get them at the Ganglion Antropolis where you save Mia and such. But I don't know if you've done the questline to be able to get into that.

Edit:

Here's a screenshot just in case

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm debating whether to pick this up or get Xenoblade on n3DS first.

I haven't played a hardcore jrpg since FF 12 :O

Finally beat CH 10, what a difficult boss! I promised myself I'd wrap up easier affinity missions before locking myself into a story mission for so long again, and I decide to take A Challenger Approaches mission and I'm stuck at a boss again >.<;

Astral Dog

I'm debating whether to pick this up or get Xenoblade on n3DS first.

I haven't played a hardcore jrpg since FF 12 :O
Depends, are you more of a graphics person?
Xenoblade 1 is portable so thats a plus too.
Xenoblade 1 also has better plot and characters, but its more linear.

Xenoblade X has mech and better combat and costumization, with a more "open world" structure based on missions, gorgeous graphics too, depends more on what you like.

Doc Holliday

Depends, are you more of a graphics person?
Xenoblade 1 is portable so thats a plus too.
Xenoblade 1 also has better plot and characters, but its more linear.

Xenoblade X has mech and better combat and costumization, with a more "open world" structure based on missions, gorgeous graphics too, depends more on what you like.

Not a graphics person, art yes but I don't mind jaggies or pixels.

I like the sound of the gameplay in X but the open world aspect worries me a bit. It does sound like the side missions/exploring is actually rewarding though.

Mendrox

I like the sound of the gameplay in X but the open world aspect worries me a bit. It does sound like the side missions/exploring is actually rewarding though.

The open world should worry you, because you will much of your life to it. I would recommend both of them, but go for the ride that XCX is first. Xenoblade Chronicles is also very good (I like X more).. get both if you can?

144 hours later and I got my Ares 90 and I am wrecking shit now. Now for the super weapons and every affinity mission. Ares only took a hour cause I already had almost all things lol

Griss

I've been looking for a Duogill (Placid or any, really) for well over an hour now and it's really showing some of the limitations in the game.

The quest doesn't give you any hints, follow ball doesn't work, I've apparently never run into any of these creatures since they don't appear in my intel, and the map is awful at marking locations, even when zoomed in. In a game this big this means endless useless wandering, which isn't the same thing as exploring (I've been to all these locations before), and which isn't really fun.

I've visited every lake on Primordia and there are simply no Duoguills. Frustrating.

Seriously, though, the hexagon and probe parts of the map work fine, but the 'plain map' should be so much better than it is.

Doc Holliday

The open world should worry you, because you will much of your life to it. I would recommend both of them, but go for the ride that XCX is first. Xenoblade Chronicles is also very good (I like X more).. get both if you can?

144 hours later and I got my Ares 90 and I am wrecking shit now. Now for the super weapons and every affinity mission. Ares only took a hour cause I already had almost all things lol

Thanks! I think I'll get both. My Wii U needs some loving :)

With Old Hunters and X i should be busy for a while. Gotta love Christmas gift cards!

Pineconn

I've been looking for a Duogill (Placid or any, really) for well over an hour now and it's really showing some of the limitations in the game.

The quest doesn't give you any hints, follow ball doesn't work, I've apparently never run into any of these creatures since they don't appear in my intel, and the map is awful at marking locations, even when zoomed in. In a game this big this means endless useless wandering, which isn't the same thing as exploring (I've been to all these locations before), and which isn't really fun.

I've visited every lake on Primordia and there are simply no Duoguills. Frustrating.

Seriously, though, the hexagon and probe parts of the map work fine, but the 'plain map' should be so much better than it is.

I think they're in Silent Mire.

zroid

Banned

FWIW I'm not a big fan of "open world" games, but XCX and Mira have really captured me.

There are a few reasons for this, I think:

1) Traversal feels really snappy and responsive, almost like a platformer. There are platforming aspects to the game as well.

2) I feel that the while the game offers tremendous freedom, in the "you can go anywhere" mold, it also establishes a strong gameplay-driven system for exploring. You are almost never wasting time by simply exploring the world, because you're constantly rewarded tangibly for finding new areas on the map, including by unlocking fast travel points.

3) The sheer beauty and variety of Mira is awesome (literally).

Killing milliesaurs is the least boring thing in the world. I've been running around Primordia over driving my foot in everything's ass that have me trouble early on.

Griss

I think they're in Silent Mire.

That was like the first place I tried :(

It was just a big empty bog with a cave for me. At least the music settles down when you go in there. I wish there were audio options in this game. I can't handle this soundtrack at all. Not a fan of Mr. Sawano, whoever the fuck he is.

Voliko

But did you visit every lake on Primordia during every time of the day? :)

I just looked it up. The alternatives- running around the entirety of Primordia or just happening to stumble upon the enemy later aren't great.

OrochiJR

Gold Member
I treated myself with this game for christmas, but it seems to be pretty overwhelming. So I understand that there are lots of characters you can get in your party, but is there a cut off point where you can miss out on some of them?

Or to formulate the question a little different, is it possible to just play and explore the game to my liking and see what I can find on my own before I consult FAQs, walkthroughs and the like to complete various things, or can it happen that I lock away possible party members by advancing too far or make certain decisions?

Top Bottom