• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Yoo, I just did Nagi's 3 Heart Affinity Mission, and he did some crazy stylish stuff lol. And I learned Blossom Dance from finishing it too. Definitely one of my favorite characters in the game.

The game eventually explains a lot but never how
Nagi activated kaioken x10 on those prone fools

Vena

No idea. Haven't seen level 60 skell gear at all tbh

Its still level 50 gear, its just that the gear itself has a series number.

You see all the gear has a set of numbers: XYZ. Generally the first number is always the same, the second number tells you the "level of the gear", and the third is for variations of identical gear with different skills (think the shields).

So, a G-Buster with X50 is weaker than a G-Buster with X60. The X60 series drops from mobs level 60+. The higher the second number the higher the stats baked into the gear are as well.

Lexxism

Ares 90 is so damn good. Will definitely use this one to farm for my blossom dance build and get those level 60 Skells.

Should I even bother buying anything from the armory, or are drops going to keep me up to date on equipment?

funny how complex the system is

I think someone posted saying AM level is also connected to loot drops

I think this game is designed so that both balance out

you can buy or farm for what you need

I tend to do both and just hit equip strongest gear then add slots and augments and upgrade stats on gear augments

as long as I keep my fashion wear set up whatever is below can look like a mix bag of crap but strongest crap :)

finalflame

I'm having a REALLY hard time killing the Ciniculas for the "Close Comrades" affinity quest. Almost makes me want to quit the game, they're 3 levels below me but impossible to down without my team dwindling.

Golnei

Tatsu, and the Nopon in general, become really likeable towards the end. They're just hilarious. Tatsu and Lin's interactions get funnier too.

I never warmed up to Tatsu, but there are some endearing Nopon in the game. They should have killed off Tatsu halfway through the game and had Koko join the party to avenge him.

...actually, I wonder how feasible a full Nopon party member would be in XCX's class system. They could use Tatsu's animations for everything outside of combat, and summon a mech made of salvaged Puge parts in battle to use the humanoid class animations. It wouldn't be as incongruous as Chuchu's churansformation, at least.

I'm having a REALLY hard time killing the Ciniculas for the "Close Comrades" affinity quest. Almost makes me want to quit the game, they're 3 levels below me but impossible to down without my team dwindling.

Bigger enemies are harder to kill independently of their level. There was this one tyrant bounty I picked up at level 11 that I didn't end up killing until I hit level 20.

some enemies are like that get some augments that will hurt them to help make it less frustrating

when you hit a wall like that go do something else even during a mission you can at least grind and make the stuff you need to beat those things

-Horizon-

Was that the affinity quest needed to start chapter 6 or 7? Because when I did it I remembered I had mechs already so I just kind of breezed through it.

I never warmed up to Tatsu, but there are some endearing Nopon in the game. They should have killed off Tatsu halfway through the game and had Koko join the party to avenge him.

...actually, I wonder how feasible a full Nopon party member would be in XCX's class system. They could use Tatsu's animations for everything outside of combat, and summon a mech made of salvaged Puge parts in battle to use the humanoid class animations. It wouldn't be as incongruous as Chuchu's churansformation, at least.

we already have Nopons who are BLADE but like Tatsu they force you to do their jobs for them

they wear BLADE gear too with a large Zipper

muimui and moimoi

thomaszyj

Neo Member
It's very hard to kill lv 97 yggralith on foot. I killed her twice and died for 8 times. Damn timebomb debuff. Even with 100 timebomb resistance, I will still continually lose my hp. Need some luck or farm more melee attack and potential up augments to kill it in a very short time.

Golnei

we already have Nopons who are BLADE but like Tatsu they force you to do their jobs for them

they wear BLADE gear too with a large Zipper

muimui and moimoi

I know there are BLADE Nopons; I was talking more in terms of how they could be made to work in combat using the current class system, since X moved away from the character-specific combat animations that would be necessary to have a true Riki successor.

as important as potential and evasion are, I can't believe I have yet to track down materials for XX versions yet

I need a good list of beasties to farm

I know there are BLADE Nopons; I was talking more in terms of how they could be made to work in combat using the current class system, since X moved away from the character-specific combat animations that would be necessary to have a true Riki successor.

maybe the next game will return to that

so many aliens they could have given us as party members :(

instead of letting them die on our missions let us control their fates

Jawmuncher

I just wanted to say that I HATE the E-manual. If a game ever needed the thick printed manual it's this one. The E-manual is just clunky for the amount of info needed.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Beat the game last night. Read through all of the old OT since then at work (lol)

I think a LOT of people are struggling in combat and just don't realize it. I was level 35 when I killed the Chapter 10 boss in one go. With two skells.

One good, augmented skell with weapons that compliment each other as well as the proper overdrive to match can swing waaaaaaaaaaaaaay above its weight class. Grinding will help you survive a lot of slug fests, but if you're specced right, fights should be more about you lining up your big hits than a war of attrition (unless you're playing healer - which is crazy underrated in this game/smooth recovery is gdlk).

Also, I had no idea that I cheesed the final boss.
Alexa's Overdrive art laughs at your pathetic attempts of fuel drain.
I lol'd hard. Really hard.

Biological or Archaeological...gonna be a long wait until the last one lol.

Arc

although you can find decent Bio spots too

the way I raised them all to 4 was going to that cave full of crystals to collect to help raise BLADE level

Off the Record takes a bit of work

so glad to be done with all of that

Beat the game last night. Read through all of the old OT since then at work (lol)

I think a LOT of people are struggling in combat and just don't realize it. I was level 35 when I killed the Chapter 10 boss in one go. With two skells.

One good, augmented skell with weapons that compliment each other as well as the proper overdrive to match can swing waaaaaaaaaaaaaay above its weight class. Grinding will help you survive a lot of slug fests, but if you're specced right, fights should be more about you lining up your big hits than a war of attrition (unless you're playing healer - which is crazy underrated in this game/smooth recovery is gdlk).

Also, I had no idea that I cheesed the final boss.
Alexa's Overdrive art laughs at your pathetic attempts of fuel drain.
I lol'd hard. Really hard.

it depends on each player's choices of what art we unlock if we use Alexa or Nagi or Yelv whatever his name is

I left 80% of those characters untouched so I limited many arts that could have cheesed fights

I relied on augments with similar cake walk ending

I feel like I need 4 months to even get half these other people to 3 hearts which most need to learn the arts they unlock so those choices is where the combat magic takes place

I'm probably not gonna finish the main story for a while though.

You've probably spent a lot of time in the game if you're at what I'm assuming is Blade level 9. I insisted on not finishing the main game as well out of habit thinking I'd not want to do anything afterwards. Straight up, any grind or bar filling is 100x easier after you finish the game. I was banging my head trying to get Nagi to 3 hearts but after a solid 4-5 hours questing with him I only had one. Once I finished I took him on some squad missions and he was 3 stars in 20 minutes.

I dunno if it's the case with everyone but I'm enjoying the game much more now that the story is done.

Malus

You've probably spent a lot of time in the game if you're at what I'm assuming is Blade level 9. I insisted on not finishing the main game as well out of habit thinking I'd not want to do anything afterwards. Straight up, any grind or bar filling is 100x easier after you finish the game. I was banging my head trying to get Nagi to 3 hearts but after a solid 4-5 hours questing with him I only had one. Once I finished I took him on some squad missions and he was 3 stars in 20 minutes.

I dunno if it's the case with everyone but I'm enjoying the game much more now that the story is done.

I'll probably finish the main story when it feels like I'm doing nothing but grinding, but I'm enjoying the progression right now. No desire to rush through it. Went with archaeology.

yep post story is hell of a ride all the side quests are still great fun it all works and the world has lots of Tyrants

It's annoying that when my mechs get destroyed I have to go back to the barracks and open the console to get them to reappear. I don't even have to reassign them, I just have to open the console and then suddenly everything is fine. It's just a pointless waste of time.
There are a lot of small missteps with this game...really dumb...

Koko is adorable. Thing is I like the Nopons shit talking / credit taking schtick. Its always funny. I especially enjoyed the mission where you had to rescue Koko, that was a fun one.

Tatsu grew on me thanks in part to the VA. His screams and mehs are hilarious. As of chapter 11 he hasnt really "grown" as a character but I dont find him annoying anymore like I did early on.

"Yo, Nagi can be a party member? What the fuck is this old-ass politician gonna do, fucking talk enemies toWHOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALY SHIT!!!!"

That was about my reaction after equipping him and speccing him to deal damage and letting him loose. Dude can almost keep pace with my Galactic Knight Melee Combo damage.

Also gimme my damn DLC
Ryyz and Ga Buidhe
you bastards, I don't care if it doesn't make sense.

Renewed

The great Nopopopoblade. It's just like I imagined. ಠ_ಠ

"Yo, Nagi can be a party member? What the fuck is this old-ass politician gonna do, fucking talk enemies toWHOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALY SHIT!!!!"

That was about my reaction after equipping him and speccing him to deal damage and letting him loose. Dude can almost keep pace with my Galactic Knight Melee Combo damage.

Also gimme my damn DLC
Ryyz and Ga Buidhe

Adopt the stance. Blossom Dance everything :p

random25

Also gimme my damn DLC
Ryyz and Ga Buidhe

Nagi is a samurai god. Destroys everything with blossom dance.

Golnei

Also gimme my damn DLC
Ryyz and Ga Buidhe

You can tell 8-4 only barely restrained themselves from making "don't fuck with this secretary" one of his end-of-battle lines.

Also, what do you have against Goetia and the Delfinians? They don't have the appeal of a catgirl, but surely they'd rank above
Ryyz...

Koko is adorable. Thing is I like the Nopons shit talking / credit taking schtick. Its always funny. I especially enjoyed the mission where you had to rescue Koko, that was a fun one.

Tatsu grew on me thanks in part to the VA. His screams and mehs are hilarious. As of chapter 11 he hasnt really "grown" as a character but I dont find him annoying anymore like I did early on.

The mehs are about the only thing I can stand coming out of Tatsu's mouth. I honestly think I'd like him a lot more if all of his dialogue were replaced with them.

Sooo what do I have to do to unlock Ultra ground gear? Because I just played online with someone who had 1100+ attack power with ground gear alone and was doing 2,000,000+ damage per overdrive total on the Global Nemesis Telethia. They had lots of Melee Attack Up and Potential Up augments, but were only able to do so because of all of the slots on their weapons.

I seriously could not believe my eyes. I need that gear ASAP!

finalflame

Bigger enemies are harder to kill independently of their level. There was this one tyrant bounty I picked up at level 11 that I didn't end up killing until I hit level 20.

some enemies are like that get some augments that will hurt them to help make it less frustrating

when you hit a wall like that go do something else even during a mission you can at least grind and make the stuff you need to beat those things

Was that the affinity quest needed to start chapter 6 or 7? Because when I did it I remembered I had mechs already so I just kind of breezed through it.

Thanks guys, after posting this I ended up FINALLY being able to kill the 4 smaller Ciniculas and the large one just in time, because the smaller ones respawn if you take too long to kill the big one. Man, that was tense.

Now I need to figure out if/when I'm supposed to get my skell..

Malus

Manhunt Affinity mission...man this game has some really good cutscene music. Don't think I heard that one yet.

Random BLADE woman while I was in Noctilum for the mission:

"Jumping off waterfalls is the only joy I have in this miserable life."

The barracks console greeted me with "Your insurance has replaced your lost Skell," yet they all still have three insurance and I don't remember missing a prompt. What?

finalflame

Man, whoever OK'd the mixing of music/dialogue in some of these cutscenes was on some major drugs. Worst case scenario you can't even hear the dialogue due to the music being so loud, best case scenario it's still obscenely loud. How could this have gone unfixed AND made it unpatched into the NA version? Surely nobody at Monolithsoft watched the cutscenes and thought "Ah, the music/dialogue mixing is perfect."

Sheesh.

mAcOdIn

I'm curious how some of these augments work. Like Appendage Crusher, I've seen it on armor but I can only craft it as a weapon augment, does it apply to everything if it's on armor but just the weapon if I place it on a weapon? Same with crap like Ranged Appendage Damage, which I can sometimes get to drop on a melee weapon, would that effect your ranged appendage damage in that scenario or is it a wasted augment on that weapon drop? Is there some kind of guide that lists augments that effect just the piece of gear they're on versus augments that effect everything?

I also wonder what, exactly, the treasure seeker cap is so I can move onto putting different augments on my crew.

And lastly, there's a ton of stuff I still can't make, I take it that even with treasure seeker maxed that you gotta exit the skell and break appendages, is that how farming seems to go? Or do you reach a point where stuff drops no matter what?

Man, whoever OK'd the mixing of music/dialogue in some of these cutscenes was on some major drugs. Worst case scenario you can't even hear the dialogue due to the music being so loud, best case scenario it's still obscenely loud. How could this have gone unfixed AND made it unpatcehed into the NA version? Surely nobody at Monolithsoft watched the cutscenes and though "Ah, the music/dialogue mixing is perfect."

Sheesh.
It is pretty damn mind boggling how awful it is. No game should ever---EVER---not have audio settings to let you balance the music and dialogue yourself. Whenever I'm at a cutscene, I switch to the gamepad and use my headphones. It sounds much better than coming out of my surround system or TV itself.

mAcOdIn

But I'd blown it up a billion times before this.

I've blown theirs up a billion times before this, too.
Exactly.

Your allies always get a perfect ejection when their skell gets destroyed so their insurance never goes down, but regardless, every time it does get destroyed you do have to go to the barracks hanger console and it'll tell you that insurance has replaced the skell.

For you, if you get a perfect on the ejection prompt when your skell is destroyed your skell will also get replaced for free and it'll still say insurance replaced it, but, if you fail that ejection prompt, then, and only then will your insurance go down, but even then, so long as you have insurance left insurance is still going to replace your skell.

Basically, it's always going to tell you insurance has replaced your skell when your skell is replaced, once you don't have any insurance left, well, then you won't get that message anymore! Instead it'll ask if you want to abandon it or pay the salvage fee.

Top Bottom