• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Fandangox

the space just south of FN 105 that little island up in the high on the mountain it is not floating but connected as a flat area up a moutain

I would come from south to north of NLA closer to the prone base down below that

WVW69itDdawmoZQdoO

the flat island has 2 jet mechs that are airplane mode until you get close
a treasure and a single tree a prone stands near that tree it triggers the tyrant

Yeah found it a bit after typing that, and I couldn't damage the boss, kept missing lol.

Golnei

Vaguely adequate, but uninspiring. It's a start, I guess - the fact they offered a boob slider but nothing for butts still shows that the breast hegemony holds too much sway over Monolith, not to mention the shameless bias in features accentuated by most of the game's armour. True equality is still a long way off.

Vena

Hum. There's a ceiling on Boost on Skell equipment as well, it seems. Boost.EVA XII -> Boost.EVA XIII is giving me zero change.

Ulysses 31

welp that lv91 tyrant plan went poorly

going to make an A90 for Linleepoo

or should I get her a heavy 60?

Careful with that, teammates are quick to use the Ares 90 superweapon, even on small fry... >.>

Alexa seems more fit since she has a skill that gives up tp 12% more melee/ranged dmg, potential, evasion and accuracy to skells.

botty

Banned
how do you play online? this game is so annoying

me and my friend have been trying to join up for like an hour..

So I wouldn't say the story is at all bad in this game. In fact, I am really enjoying it. I think it just feels inconsistent or rough to some people because the scope of the game is so huge and you do so much inbetween story beats that it's hard to connect the dots. But the action scenes in this game are fucking sick. I just got done with Chapter 8's story mission and goddam was that intense.

I also hate that I go into threads being like "I want equal representation for women and diverse body types and better characterization and less sexualization" and then whenever I fight a new skimpy clothed alien lady with my MC who hasn't stopped wearing a bikini top since 4 hours into the game I'm like "JOIN MY STUPID PARTY YOU DUMB SEXY ALIEN LADY"

I am a monster.

But seriously why can't the bald elf with lip rings join me? ;_____;

Dicer

Banned
Game is mine finally... There is SO much to do, I did rescue POTATO though :)

Will dig into it hard this week, visually stunning so far, and I quite like the music, maybe not the "uhh yeah" track so much but everything else.

Careful with that, teammates are quick to use the Ares 90 superweapon, even on small fry... >.>

Alexa seems more fit since she has a skill that gives up tp 12% more melee/ranged dmg, potential, evasion and accuracy to skells.

just thought of that fuel eater in the hands of trigger happy Lin

oh no

first time seeing Fog in Noctilum
fog has come a long way since Superman 64 lol

this looks great

Ulysses 31

how do you play online? this game is so annoying

me and my friend have been trying to join up for like an hour..

Via squad missions in the console at the back of your barracks and ot get squad missions you need to clear those hunt/collect X in the bottom right of the sceen.

The nemesis missions are always available to start I think.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I wouldn't say the story is at all bad in this game. In fact, I am really enjoying it. I think it just feels inconsistent or rough to some people because the scope of the game is so huge and you do so much inbetween story beats that it's hard to connect the dots. But the action scenes in this game are fucking sick. I just got done with Chapter 8's story mission and goddam was that intense.

I also hate that I go into threads being like "I want equal representation for women and diverse body types and better characterization and less sexualization" and then whenever I fight a new skimpy clothed alien lady with my MC who hasn't stopped wearing a bikini top since 4 hours into the game I'm like "JOIN MY STUPID PARTY YOU DUMB SEXY ALIEN LADY"

I am a monster.

You can change what your gear looks like by using fashion gear.

I'm so used to the opposite that this didn't even occur to me :lol

I mean, my char looks super fashionable with the bikini top and hot pants/suspender drape combo, right at home on the beach. Just not...you know, battle ready.

Amusingly Lin is the one wearing Plate Mail +20

It's annoying that when my mechs get destroyed I have to go back to the barracks and open the console to get them to reappear. I don't even have to reassign them, I just have to open the console and then suddenly everything is fine. It's just a pointless waste of time.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh hey a crashed mech in the sky of Primordia I wonder if I can exami--- OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD BIG MISTAKE BIG MISTAKE FLY YOU FOOLS

Wow that Predator and Prey mission in Sylvalum was dark. It started off so normal and kind of funny too.

RIP Adelbert and Grette. That means the Prones that you fight after getting back the dessert that were talking about "lunch" referred to Adelbert. Damn. I used a joke response too :x

Golnei

I am a monster.

It's okay - you're coming to terms with what you really want, as opposed to what fleeting social trends tell you that you should want. It's just entertainment - you shouldn't feel any shame for enjoying it the way you want to; and anyone who seriously has a problem with that really needs to get some perspective.

JC Lately

So I got this game yesterday and just picked my division and started Chapter 3. Does the game start to open up now? It's been pretty on rails so far. Or am I doing it wrong?

BY2K

Membero Americo
So I got this game yesterday and just picked my division and started Chapter 3. Does the game start to open up now? It been pretty on rails so far. Or am I doing it wrong?

You can pretty much do whatever the hell you want from the start.

But just you wait until you get your first Skell.

So aahhhh, can you cancel Affinity missions? I don't think I'm far enough to complete the one I'm on, and I'm not able to progress the story with it currently active...

Golnei

So aahhhh, can you cancel Affinity missions? I don't think I'm far enough to complete the one I'm on, and I'm not able to progress the story with it currently active...

Neither story or Affinity missions can be abandoned. Usually, it's advised to save beforehand in case you need to reset, but the recommended level usually makes sure you're not too unprepared. Which one are you having trouble with?

Neither story or Affinity missions can be abandoned. Usually, it's advised to save beforehand in case you need to reset, but the recommended level usually makes sure you're not too unprepared. Which one are you having trouble with?
So what the deuce do I do? This Affinity Mission requires me to go to Oblivia, yet I don't even have access to that area yet...

Wow this Mia chain is ridiculous. I have to finish like 7 missions to unlock Definian's Downfall so I can move to the next phase in the Mia recruitment effort.

So what the deuce do I do? This Affinity Mission requires me to go to Oblivia, yet I don't even have access to that area yet...

If you met the level requirements and were able to select the mission in the first place, then you should be good to go. Time to head east to Oblivia :) Dont forget to savor the sights and install as many probes as you can on your way.

You can pretty much go to all of the continents besides the last one at any point in the game.

It's okay - you're coming to terms with what you really want, as opposed to what fleeting social trends tell you that you should want. It's just entertainment - you shouldn't feel any shame for enjoying it the way you want to; and anyone who seriously has a problem with that really needs to get some perspective.

What I really want is not to be thrown into a lobby of three other players, all playing as women in bikinis, stilettos and halos. Not because I'm fighting for equality or anything, it's just really, really tacky. Just have a wank before hitting up the character creator guys.

Golnei

Your only option is to fast travel to your closest probe, then walk. You have access to the entire map from the beginning of the game, so actual barriers shouldn't be an issue.

Revven

Stopped at chapter 3 for now. I'm really enjoying what I've played so far, though, and I know I haven't even gotten the chance to explore on my own yet but it's still pretty enjoyable regardless! Sort of getting the hang of the combat.

Top Bottom