• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Hum. There's a ceiling on Boost on Skell equipment as well, it seems. Boost.EVA XII -> Boost.EVA XIII is giving me zero change.

Yea, based on what I seen it looks like there's a 100% cap to boosts. Just go back to your gear and swap any pieces with boost only for spec.ups.

Golnei

What I really want is not to be thrown into a lobby of three other players, all playing as women in bikinis, stilettos and halos. Not because I'm fighting for equality or anything, it's just really, really tacky. Just have a wank before hitting up the character creator guys.

It's a shame that the online portions have the potential to put players in a festering pool of aesthetics they despise, but that's really the price of any community integration - not everyone has the same preferences.

Still, you can't police players for their personal taste without considerably diminishing the game - especially in an escapist fantasy like Xenoblade, it's fully encouraged for people to create things they enjoy looking at, and is an inextricable part of the game's character. Maybe try playing offline?

It's a shame that the online portions have the potential to put players in a festering pool of aesthetics they despise, but that's really the price of any community integration - not everyone has the same preferences.

Still, you can't police players for their personal taste without considerably diminishing the game - especially in an escapist fantasy like Xenoblade, it's fully encouraged for people to create things they enjoy looking at, and is an inextricable part of the game's character. Maybe try playing offline?

I didn't say it bothered me enough to affect my playing the game (if it did, though, 'play offline' is a pretty shitty solution), like I said it's just really tacky. Every trip through Gate 4 is with at least one person who thought they were on their way to a Halloween party where the theme is Sexy [Character/Profession].

Thanks, gonna farm these tomorrow and pimp out my shit.

To make your life 100x easier, before you start farming head to the scout console and hire a level 60 with 4 Treasure Seeker XX augments. It's a bit tedious but once you've found someone literally every drop will be intergalactic. In 25 minutes I got maybe 6 or 7 G-Busters, 100 Phoenix and God knows how many G2-Busters since they're not as rare.

Without Treasure Seeker you could go hours without finding anything.

Vena

To make your life 100x easier, before you start farming head to the scout console and hire a level 60 with 4 Treasure Seeker XX augments. It's a bit tedious but once you've found someone literally every drop will be intergalactic. In 25 minutes I got maybe 6 or 7 G-Busters, 100 Phoenix and God knows how many G2-Busters since they're not as rare.

Without Treasure Seeker you could go hours without finding anything.

Happen to know of any locations for level 60+ puges (of the dark variety)? I want to get G/G2 busters in the X60 series (this is the highest tier I believe, the ones in Sylvalum are X40).

jonjonaug

I wasn't too sold on H.B. while going through the game but now that I'm tackling the remaining content left that doesn't count toward 100% completion he's pretty great.

EDIT: Bwhahahahaha
"I am truly grateful that I have met this dog. And to a lesser extent...you."
I should've had H.B. in my party more.

JC Lately

You can pretty much do whatever the hell you want from the start.

But just you wait until you get your first Skell.

I guess...? The frontier nav just unlocked, and I just joined my division tho. Didn't think I could really do much until those things happened. I'm also still a Drifter.

Maybe I'll poke around New LA for a bit, see what the people have to say. I am a Mediator after all.

random25

I wasn't too sold on H.B. while going through the game but now that I'm tackling the remaining content left that doesn't count toward 100% completion he's pretty great.

The dude never stops excelling.

Golnei

I didn't say it bothered me enough to affect my playing the game (if it did, though, 'play offline' is a pretty shitty solution), like I said it's just really tacky. Every trip through Gate 4 is with at least one person who thought they were on their way to a Halloween party where the theme is Sexy [Character/Profession].

"Play offline" might be a pretty draconian solution, but "people having differing tastes" is a difficult problem to solve when you add multiplayer elements to a freedom-focused RPG - I can guarantee there'd be people rolling their eyes at something you've done with your avatar in the same way you're judging the sexy Halloween costumes, for example. The only thing I can think of is an optional toggle to have everyone else's avatar show up in default gear, and that's still not a perfect solution.

-Horizon-

Started to explore more of Sylvalum today. So many level 50+ enemies >.<
I just gave up on using mechs for here because so many of the patrolling enemies are too high leveled.
Also, once again, screw all those camouflage enemies. It doesn't help when that weather effect makes it so you can't even see 2 feet in front of you and now you got multiple enemies tripping you :/
The music is great in the area but I can't help but think that it reminds me of some post apocalyptic area.
I also took my first step into cauldros just because I was near the area where it transitions to it. Of course there are aliens guarding it. Of course!

H.B is pretty great. From his third Heart to Heart:

"How about you? I'm sure you are also popular with the citizens of NLA."

*That doesn't really happen to me*

"I am dreadfully sorry to hear that..."

Delio

I'm going insane. This guide says Evira Tyrant in Primordia drops Ultra Infinite gear but so far all it's giving me is busted gear. Why must you make me suffer dragon.

Lexxism

After a few days of grinding, I finally got the Ares! Too bad I'm still level 57 :(
tumblr_o001g4yNU71svt5z8o1_1280.jpg

random25

Where do you farm blueprints for skell weapons? Just realized I only have 2 unlocked and I want to try different kinds of builds just for the kicks. I tried those mech enemies but all they drop are weapons.

Alien Nation

YOOOOOO.
Were those dead Nopon next to the Manon too? Alex is such a fucking asshole. Man I should have spread out these missions earlier. Looks like I left all the fucked up ones for last >_<

so wait the good thing about making an A90 is that it does not need to be paid for if lost?

I lost it over 8 times never bothered to press B on time

Didn't get to Chapter 12 today but I did manage to get a superweapon from an Affinity Quest. Guess I'll grind that Joker enemy to get the remaining class levels for the Galactic Knight line.

So I wouldn't say the story is at all bad in this game. In fact, I am really enjoying it. I think it just feels inconsistent or rough to some people because the scope of the game is so huge and you do so much inbetween story beats that it's hard to connect the dots. But the action scenes in this game are fucking sick. I just got done with Chapter 8's story mission and goddam was that intense.

I also hate that I go into threads being like "I want equal representation for women and diverse body types and better characterization and less sexualization" and then whenever I fight a new skimpy clothed alien lady with my MC who hasn't stopped wearing a bikini top since 4 hours into the game I'm like "JOIN MY STUPID PARTY YOU DUMB SEXY ALIEN LADY"

I am a monster.

But seriously why can't the bald elf with lip rings join me? ;_____;

Don't know why but you seem to think those things are mutually exclusive.

so wait the good thing about making an A90 is that it does not need to be paid for if lost?

I lost it over 8 times never bothered to press B on time

Screenshot says it has 10 insurance.

Griss

Reached Chapter 5. Hoping something interesting will happen soon. Lin is starting to piss me off. Especially her interactions with Tatsu. Tatsu is such a failed Riki clone. Riki was fantastic, he had great interplay with the whole team and had a funny backstory that put his actions in context. Tatsu is 'Why is he here' - the character. I really wish they'd given the localisation back to the British team, even if it wouldn't make sense seeing as this is New Los Angeles and all. Every single dialogue scene is so flat and stilted, with stupid-long pauses between lines. Oh well.

And as much as I loved the wide open nature of the game in the first 15 hours I'm starting to wish it was just a little more structured. That it hinted towards areas you might be suited for. Exploring for one hour barely seeing an enemy you can handle and dying about 10 times... it's fun at first but it's getting a bit stale. The exploration and world itself isn't getting stale, though, and I'm still enjoying the battle system. Wish the arts would unlock a bit quicker after you change classes, though.

I also wish there were no 'fetch quests' or quest board. It took me way too long to learn to ignore that bollocks and focus on affinity quests, 'normal quests' and story quests. The quest board stuff is of such a poor quality that it shouldn't really be there. It only leads new players astray. Not only that, but right after I got there every single quest was sending me to Oblivia, Noctilium or that place to the north. I hadn't even begun to explore Primordium and i couldn't get a quest there. Again - not exactly properly structured.

It's addictive, though. 10 hours yesterday, 8 hours today. Been a while since I was so enthralled with / engrossed by a game.

So I just finished all of the Alex missions. Loved it. I like that they addressed Xenophobia and theres still so much crap they need to sort out living in Mira.

Still sad about the
dead Nopon that bastard shot
in the first mission.

gah. where the hell is the miranium deposit site in the janpath area (west of FN 120)? I've been looking forever.

edit: found it. damn cave!

Just go to the console in the barracks where you refuel your Skell. Click on any Skell and it should be visible in the bottom right corner along with other stats.
When checking your Skell's stats, it should be at the very bottom of the screen: second row, second column (to the left of the attribute resistances, right under your Skell's GP stat).

wow my eyes are so bad

thanks finally saw it

TWILT

Banned
Yoo, I just did Nagi's 3 Heart Affinity Mission, and he did some crazy stylish stuff lol. And I learned Blossom Dance from finishing it too. Definitely one of my favorite characters in the game.

Top Bottom