• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It's kind of sad that, through normal game progression, I won't be able to tackle all those cool massive Tyrants you have to avoid early on and throughout. I just assumed that by end game I'd be strong enough to take them.

But reading about all the farming and such you have to do to get superweapons or the Ares 90, only to then 1 shot them all (which is fun in an overpowered way but to me would just be boring..), is a bit disappointing. But I guess that's pretty normal for postgame/MMO sort of things.

I wanna be at a point where 1) I don't have to spend tens of hours farming 2) I can battle Tyrants and not one shot them, but still take them down as if they're bosses.

I love the game, but I think once I finish up the main story+affinity missions and most of the normal missions, I'll be calling it quits.
You only see it like this because coverage of them is always one shots. A run-of-the-mill haphazard build would most definitely get rekt, vanilla Ares90 too though.

what is Dadaan suppose to drop?

he is not giving good stuff
Do you have the
Six Stars
arms maufacturer unlocked (obtained from
allying with the Wrothians
)? If you don't have that arms manufacturer enemies can't drop their weapons or amour (that is what all the bust/broken stuff is about). It is a bit odd as you can still craft gear from that manufacturer even without them existing :S

This makes me wonder if when I treasure deal such things some players will see broken weapons instead?

Can someone clarify how melee/ranged attack work? Suppose my melee and ranged art have the same attack, but my melee attack is higher than ranged, will I do more damage using melee art?

Any idea what drops Sturdy Drakebone? Apparently I have three already, but no idea where I got them. Nevermind--figured it out. Levitaths drop them.

Hylian7

Is there a way to fast travel back into new LA quickly? It seems kind of silly that I can only fast travel to the probe to the east of it, but not directly into it.

Golnei

Is there a way to fast travel back into new LA quickly? It seems kind of silly that I can only fast travel to the probe to the east of it, but not directly into it.

You don't fast travel into NLA through the main map, each district has its own icon next to the world map. Touch one of those to display the district map; then choose a landmark.

h0tp0ck3t

g7MhokK.jpg

Level 50 Skell with Intergalactic G2 Buster. Time to take on the final boss

Where is this exactly?

the space just south of FN 105 that little island up in the high on the mountain it is not floating but connected as a flat area up a moutain

I would come from south to north of NLA closer to the prone base down below that

WVW69itDdawmoZQdoO

the flat island has 2 jet mechs that are airplane mode until you get close
a treasure and a single tree a prone stands near that tree it triggers the tyrant

Do you have the
Six Stars
arms maufacturer unlocked (obtained from
allying with the Wrothians
)? If you don't have that arms manufacturer enemies can't drop their weapons or amour (that is what all the bust/broken stuff is about). It is a bit odd as you can still craft gear from that manufacturer even without them existing :S

This makes me wonder if when I treasure deal such things some players will see broken weapons instead?

yeah I have that AM level 5 all

So the cutoff is...level 94? how strange :p

I did notice that those 4 were at least all in different continents though.

well... if you want to consider above 90 you get extra two tyrants... one of them is eehhh... another one is quite easy as well eventhough it's the strongest in the remaining continent. if want to include 90.... loljoker

Golnei

I'm 100% certain the art team in this REALLY liked butts

"Really liked" is a bit of a stretch. They tried, but I'd judge the results as more evidence of mild fondness rather than any real love. Blade & Soul, Bayonetta, any given Metal Gear game; those are the heights they should have aspired to. Even Goetia and the Delfinians are just tepid.

Weebos

Banned
Just beat Chapter 6 and starting my Skell exams now.
I thought they would be actual tests like Persona 4.

Zareka

Soul Voice healing is some bu'crap. I mean, I get it, I think. I actually like what it's going for, but getting 3 "WEAKEN IT GUISE" in a row when my class don't got NO purple moves feels super cheap. I have no other reliable way to heal. It doesn't help that Irina seemingly can't be arsed responding to soul voices either cuz I know she got some debuffs.

Story progression is taking ages since I keep getting rekt by everything I come across. I'm at 11.x survey for chapter 4 and I don't stand a chance against tyrants a single level above me. Aaaaaargh.

most people look at the residential area to guess the population of NLA

I think there is more than that if you count the living spaces you could have in these towers

WVW69itDpeM1zzPgxi

Golnei

most people look at the residential area to guess the population of NLA

I think there is more than that if you count the living spaces you could have in these towers

And if the residential area has individual houses split to house several groups of residents, I'd imagine the same would go for the tower blocks as well.

Soul Voice healing is some bu'crap. I mean, I get it, I think. I actually like what it's going for, but getting 3 "WEAKEN IT GUISE" in a row when my class don't got NO purple moves feels super cheap. I have no other reliable way to heal. It doesn't help that Irina seemingly can't be arsed realising to soul voices either cuz I know she got some debuffs.

Story progression is taking ages since I keep getting rekt by everything I come across. I'm at 11.x survey for chapter 4 and I don't stand a chance against tyrants a single level above me. Aaaaaargh.

In my understanding, tyrants are supposed to be much stronger than other indigens which are at similar level. Moreover, size also matters. A larger size enemy (or tyrant) is stronger than a smaller size enemy.

Fucking damnit. Spent the last 30 minutes looking for Thunderbolt Emblems in Sylvalum.

Only found 3 so far and you cant buy it with tickets. DAMNIT

And if the residential area has individual houses split to house several groups of residents, I'd imagine the same would go for the tower blocks as well.

true

the scale is pretty massive when you stand next to these structures if Wii U had the just they could have a huge number of NPCs walking around that space

hardware limits is all I see not the lack of space for those thinking about what population numbers that space could support

Haunted

A lot of it is obviously symbolic. Industrial, Residential and Commercial district need to be the same size for gameplay reasons, but that's obviously not how real infrastructure ratios would work. You don't have to count the windows and come up with a concrete number.

I would've liked the game to do something with the open space in NLA. All this construction equipment everywhere, but no one bothers to connect those damn roads over the course of the game? C'mon people. Maybe they should make a BLADE division that's concerned with building shit, get something done.

edit: also, what the fuck at the beast that appears over the volcano in Cauldros during Brimstone .

A lot of it is obviously symbolic. Industrial, Residential and Commercial district need to be the same size for gameplay reasons, but that's obviously not how real infrastructure ratios would work. You don't have to count the windows and come up with a concrete number.

edit: also, what the fuck at the beast that appears over the volcano in Cauldros during Brimstone .

lol you should say beasts because there are 2 different ones both scary as fuck

I just killed one there is another that flies up high hidden in the smoke

-Horizon-

Soul Voice healing is some bu'crap. I mean, I get it, I think. I actually like what it's going for, but getting 3 "WEAKEN IT GUISE" in a row when my class don't got NO purple moves feels super cheap. I have no other reliable way to heal. It doesn't help that Irina seemingly can't be arsed realising to soul voices either cuz I know she got some debuffs.

You can customize the soul voices for each character if you want to better fit what moves your character has.

And yeah, surveying and putting in probes to get the % up sometimes means more running and sneaking rather than fighting.

I would've liked the game to do something with the open space in NLA. All this construction equipment everywhere, but no one bothers to connect those damn roads over the course of the game? C'mon people. Maybe they should make a BLADE division that's concerned with building shit, get something done.

yeah same I kept seeing new platforms and spaces so it does grow unless my mind is playing tricks on me

I wish I took before and after pics

but I have been waiting for them to connect the roads at least

what pants do they make?

they are green Unique not a bad spawn if you stick to 1 spot it is easier

Prime Jeans. Its the "Gathering Thunder" mission.

Ok I'll pick a spot and I'll just go back to skell over and over again if I cant find it. I found another one immediately after getting to FN 404 but havent found any since T_T

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
"Really liked" is a bit of a stretch. They tried, but I'd judge the results as more evidence of mild fondness rather than any real love. Blade & Soul, Bayonetta, any given Metal Gear game; those are the heights they should have aspired to. Even Goetia and the Delfinians are just tepid.

Shrug

Prime Jeans. Its the "Gathering Thunder" mission.

Ok I'll pick a spot and I'll just go back to skell over and over again if I cant find it. I found another one immediately after getting to FN 404 but havent found any since T_T

If I could gift those I would

I have not tried that system

Beat chapter 9 today. So up to chapter 9 I've never bought any skells nor bothered to change the weapons I had on my free one. So after quite a few retries on the first fight in the story chapter I thought finally! And then the next fight... Apparently it's a no starter skell zone!!!

So I bought a skell for each party member and holy crap is it so much easier to level! What the hell was I thinking not buying skells for everyone earlier.

Definitely talking about the one that appears in the smoke.

There's another scary one there? goddamn this game

well if you saw the flying one in the smoke there is one below you at the rim of the volcano with is mouth dripping lava

lv81 Alithios the indignant

stupid nopons have quest for these guys

Top Bottom