• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Raxious

I think I'm really doing something wrong. I expected that, seeing as it's a jrpg, I was supposed to grind and lvl. Then I found out that leveling goes extremely slow, and I've only hit lvl 16. I got the Enforcer class to lvl 10, and I've now picked the Psycorrupter.

I just got into Act III
so all I got are Lin and Elma. Can't even win that lvl 13 Tyrant fight for the quest Sirene, the Lost :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think I'm really doing something wrong. I expected that, seeing as it's a jrpg, I was supposed to grind and lvl. Then I found out that leveling goes extremely slow, and I've only hit lvl 16. I got the Enforcer class to lvl 10, and I've now picked the Psycorrupter.

I just got into Act III
so all I got are Lin and Elma. Can't even win that lvl 13 Tyrant fight for the quest Sirene, the Lost :(

Sirene, the Lost
is a bitch at that level. You've got to be a few levels higher to beat her, mostly because of the size differential. Keep in mind that it's not just level that matters, size does as well. I basically ignored that fight until the mid-20's and then just rolled it.

Raxious

Sirene, the Lost
is a bitch at that level. You've got to be a few levels higher to beat her, mostly because of the size differential. Keep in mind that it's not just level that matters, size does as well. I basically ignored that fight until the mid-20's and then just rolled it.

So basically you need a Skell to fight big monsters?

Also, is there a way for the targetting system to actually lock onto 1 specific body part and stay focused? every time either the enemy or I move, the target lock keeps switching all over the place.

One thing that bothers me is that they didn't put the skills on the tablet, would have been so much better ^^'

Also, is there a way for the targetting system to actually lock onto 1 specific body part and stay focused? every time either the enemy or I move, the target lock keeps switching all over the place.

One thing that bothers me is that they didn't put the skills on the tablet, would have been so much better ^^'

Skells aren't always necessary for big monsters, but they will make the fight massively easier.

Click the right stick to lock onto the highlighted appendage.

otakukidd

I'm on the final battle first phase with
lao
only have 2 lvl 30heavy skells left after all the fighting. Is it possible to beat the rest with that or am I going to have to start over.getting kinda irritated that if one of your party members losses a skell in the final area, you have to beat the game before they can get it back.
If its not possible, I'm level 48 should I just reset (please no) and shoot for the level 50 skell

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Not all of them, but once skells become available then yes. I'm saying that size can make a monster stronger than their level makes them appear.

Click the right stick in when you're targeting the part you want.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This game is immensely frustrating.

• Want to add party members? You have to find them. (Where are the two dudes? I found Irina, but can't find them.)
  • Want to progress the story? Explore Primordia. Find a probe spot after hiking all the way there... oops, your field skill isn't high enough! How are you supposed to know where you can plant them and where you can't?
  • Why are the monster levels so seemingly random? I keep running into level 30s, 40s, and 50s throughout completely different regions of Primordia. You'd think they'd scale when going in a certain direction.
  • Collectathon item bonanza from Xenoblade is back, although I expected this.

I really want to love this game, but it is doing a lot to stop that from happening right now. It is beautiful, I will give it that.

• Want to add party members? You have to find them. (Where are the two dudes? I found Irina, but can't find them.)
  • Want to progress the story? Explore Primordia. Find a probe spot after hiking all the way there... oops, your field skill isn't high enough! How are you supposed to know where you can plant them and where you can't?
  • Why are the monster levels so seemingly random? I keep running into level 30s, 40s, and 50s throughout completely different regions of Primordia. You'd think they'd scale when going in a certain direction.

I really want to love this game, but it is doing a lot to stop that from happening right now. It is beautiful, I will give it that.

Are the party members found in town or do you have to explore the wild as well?

jonjonaug

Want to add party members? You have to find them. (Where are the two dudes? I found Irina, but can't find them.

Gwin and Irina can be found on Division Drive in their respective division garages, with Irina being right outside the barracks and Gwin stationed toward the north end. Doug can be found hanging out near the hangers (since he's a test pilot).

Finding the party members becomes second nature after a while once you understand where everything is in NLA, because most party members have a reason for hanging out where they do. The main issue is finding the few who just hang out in weird spots, like Phog, Boze, or H.B.

They're in town. I just don't know where in town, lol.

Locations off the top of my head. Spoilers for every character.

Elma: Barracks
Lin: Barracks
Gwin: Division Drive, north end
Lao: Division Drive, north end
Irinia: Division Drive, south end, right outside the barracks
Doug: Near the hanger in the lower levels of the Administrative District
L: In Armory Alley, toward the far end
Murderess: Division Drive, south end
Hope: Deliverance Park
Phog: Construction site by Deliverance Park
Frye: By the diner in the Industrial District
Celica: Industrial District, near the Production Plant I think
Mia: Manon Ship, near the teleporter
Nagi: In front of BLADE Tower
Yelv: In an alley toward the southern end of the Commercial District, I think
Boze: Southwest commercial district by an unfinished road
Alexa: Outside the Outfitters Test Hanger in the Industrial District
H.B.: In a small spot of grass near the Water Treatment Facility in the Residential District

Malus

That'd be pretty boring. It's cool seeing random superbosses walking around everywhere.

zroid

Banned

Many of them are found in the Administrative District. Gwin and Lao are near the Division hangars at the north end on the upper level, Doug is on the lower level. All the party members' locations are shown on the map once you unlock them, I believe.

If you don't want to get hung up on probe sites, it is highly recommended you upgrade mechanical skill all the way to level 4 before bothering with the others. Still, the majority of probe sites are level 1 or 2, I think.

as for higher level enemies scattered about, that's the way the game is designed. you are supposed to avoid them. usually you can avoid almost any enemy in the game if you're paying attention to your surroundings. worse case scenario, Shadowrunner can be used as a fallback (it's a Dual Swords art).

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

I totally get your frustration ! I was like that too when I first ventured out into Primordial and found the lack of info extremely annoying. Can't tell if I can access a treasure, a probe site or not just by looking at the mini map. However, the best thing to do is to just keep playing along and level up. Level up your Mechanical Field skill as early as you can to its max level (level 4). Then it's more smooth sailing from there because at least you know you can install a probe in any new area provided you can reach it. Now I'm almost level 30 so the map isn't nearly as scary as it once was for me... just use caution because they're trying to make the world like an ecosystem, right ? Powerful monsters and less powerful monsters are all just chilling together in the circle of life, yo :)

As for finding teammates, if you click on the little mini map hexagon within NLA, it'll give you information with regards to that particular hexagon provided there are any to give. So you can click on one and it may tell you so and so teammate is most likely to be found there. I found that pretty handy to know.

Just bought this game via eshop. It is currently downloading and I am super excited. A lot of people told me to choose this over splatoon and I hope I am not disappointed. Never played a xenoblade game before.

TheGrue

Really wish I wasn't getting disconnected any time I want to do squad stuff with people. I've never had an issue with any other game on WiiU and I also don't have issues with my PC/PS4/XBO. Love the game and really want to participate in all the multiplayer stuff, but I'm about to just always go offline mode so it isn't a constant reminder that I can't do stuff with people.

TheMoon

Just bought this game via eshop. It is currently downloading and I am super excited. A lot of people told me to choose this over splatoon and I hope I am not disappointed. Never played a xenoblade game before.

There was only one before this one.

Is there a consensus on what the overall best DPS class is, or are they all pretty balanced?
If you mean DPS on weapon for on foot. Longsword /dual guns is what most people use postgame (dual guns there mainly for ghost walker as you're using offensive stance though zero zero helps build up overdrive count quickly). Very melee combo focused and specced up right (skills to boost damage with aura, boost damage in melee combo, reduce cooldown in melee combo) it can kill a global nemesis hundreds of times in the time limit.

Classes do seem to have different base stats and skill slots though. Drifter has 5 skill slots but is considered the base stat. I found on a Japanese wiki the stats at level 60:
http://kamikouryaku.xsrv.jp/xenobladex/?%A5%AF%A5%E9%A5%B9
But really endgame changing class is only something done if you're looking for certain weapon drops (the default weapons of your class are more likely to be dropped by enemies) as having 5 skill slots is more important than a few points of melee attack or whatever.

But that is really postgame so before then just do something you find fun. Photon sabers are also quite good DPS. Rayguns are set up short burst DPS (put up aura, boost potential, ether blast) but can falter in general combat.

I'm on the final battle first phase with
lao
only have 2 lvl 30heavy skells left after all the fighting. Is it possible to beat the rest with that or am I going to have to start over.getting kinda irritated that if one of your party members losses a skell in the final area, you have to beat the game before they can get it back.
If its not possible, I'm level 48 should I just reset (please no) and shoot for the level 50 skell
Well
the second phase has to be played on foot due to Skell fuel being reduced to 0 whenever you are in a Skell for most of it (near the end that effect stops which is when you get in and try to finish it off)

CaLe

I just got the game, enjoying it so far.

One thing that's really bothering me though is the camera speed. I cranked it all the way up in the options, but there's still some instances where it's really really slow. When near NPCs for example.

Is there any way to fix that ?

Thanks !

Malus

FUCK YOU VAINAMO HAHAHAHA

Ahem.

Just remembered I can scout people. :)

It's surprisingly cheap to rent a 50+ level player.

Timeaisis

Don't worry, it gets even worse as you progress.

They put a level 40 tyrant in between you and a level ~25 Story quest. I died like 4 times trying to get by him and had to hike all the way back, which took about 10 minutes each time. I swear whoever did the level design on this game was asleep half the time.

[*]Why are the monster levels so seemingly random? I keep running into level 30s, 40s, and 50s throughout completely different regions of Primordia. You'd think they'd scale when going in a certain direction.

This is coming up a lot recently, and I don't get why. You even played XC which had the same thing, and bring it up?

It's superior world design.

That's why.

The game would be LAME if continents were divided up artificially into WoW-esque leveling zones... where Primordia was 1-12, Oblivia 12-24, Noctilum 24-36, Sylvalum 36-48, and Calderos 48-60. Any MMORPG that does that is trash too.

WTF is this

vkE82mh.jpg

otakukidd

If you mean DPS on weapon for on foot. Longsword /dual guns is what most people use postgame (dual guns there mainly for ghost walker as you're using offensive stance though zero zero helps build up overdrive count quickly). Very melee combo focused and specced up right (skills to boost damage with aura, boost damage in melee combo, reduce cooldown in melee combo) it can kill a global nemesis hundreds of times in the time limit.

Classes do seem to have different base stats and skill slots though. Drifter has 5 skill slots but is considered the base stat. I found on a Japanese wiki the stats at level 60:
http://kamikouryaku.xsrv.jp/xenobladex/?%A5%AF%A5%E9%A5%B9
But really endgame changing class is only something done if you're looking for certain weapon drops (the default weapons of your class are more likely to be dropped by enemies) as having 5 skill slots is more important than a few points of melee attack or whatever.

But that is really postgame so before then just do something you find fun. Photon sabers are also quite good DPS. Rayguns are set up short burst DPS (put up aura, boost potential, ether blast) but can falter in general combat.

Well
the second phase has to be played on foot due to Skell fuel being reduced to 0 whenever you are in a Skell for most of it (near the end that effect stops which is when you get in and try to finish it off)
I actually beat it on my next try. Lol. Great game.

Neifirst

Just finished chapter 9 and finally decided to spend some of my $1 billion on 3 additional Skells to go along with the initial one once I read that the party members can lose theirs in battle without penalty. The grind of basic and normal missions, along with leveling up affinity is just so addictive. The only downside is that I just wreck every enemy in the story missions since I'm so overpowered...but that's kind of fun too!

Quick question: where do I get Scout Rewards that are highlighted near the top right on the GamePad?

Metaledgeking

Neo Member
Question after i completed chapter 10 L is no longer in his usual character hangout and I have gone back during all hours of the day I can think of and he is never there. is the game glitched or did he change places?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Question after i completed chapter 10 L is no longer in his usual character hangout and I have gone back during all hours of the day I can think of and he is never there. is the game glitched or did he change places?
He's probably at an all day heart to heart location?

This is the first game in years that truly made me feel overwhelmed by all the options, almost to the level of The Last Remnant but not nearly as punishing or obtuse in its explanations.

I really love that, though.

Question: I know the game is free-form and I have no desire to rush things, but are there some early-game side-quests I shouldn't be ignoring? Like, should I try to level up Biological and Mechanical field skills? Should I go the extra mile (literally, in this game) to plant more probes to get my passive income churning? Are there NPCs I should be recruiting now to get them leveled for later areas?

I don't mind stumbling across things, and the missions you DO have listed have very clear directions and explanations. But I also don't want to rush through the story when I can be doing important side stuff earlier.

Kyzon

They put a level 40 tyrant in between you and a level ~25 Story quest. I died like 4 times trying to get by him and had to hike all the way back, which took about 10 minutes each time. I swear whoever did the level design on this game was asleep half the time.

Abuse shadow walking with elma. Switch her to first I'm your party, then you control her. Get 1000 tp, and then outside of battle target an enemy from afar, activate shadow walk, press B to un-target them and stroll by leisurely. :)

Look at the symbol in the hex on your gamepad map, it'll tell you what you need to do to complete it.

Ohoh, I misunderstood what you meant. Yeah I got that much. Is there any way to see what it is you need to complete except when it's new on the map? I have those on places with fast travel locations as well and it doesn't give you a hint after the "new" goes away.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Got this game late last night and already put 6 hours in. I'm reminded of how pure the escapism is of Japanese RPG's -- been years since I've played one.

So I'm sure the feeling of being overwhelmed is pretty common in this thread to newbies, but my social options just opened up and I'm really dumbfounded about the social aspects. This is normal? I honestly don't care about playing with anyone else at the moment, just want to learn the game a little better first. I'm not losing out on anything by ignoring that, am I?

vareon

Randomly strong enemies all over the place is the point--Mira is dangerous (looking at you, Sylvalum). You either avoid them (the running speed and jump distance in this game is insane) or fight them when you get stronger. In the end, Mission-related enemies are always appropriately leveled.

Arkain

Are you talking about that Thallus close to Dead Man's Gulch? Just stick to the wall and enter the crevasse next to him with a sharp right and he shouldn't aggro.

Top Bottom