• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X post game discussion [UNMARKED SPOILERS]

Golnei

Does the game ever mention what is Ryze species here? And whether she really died inside Zu Pharg with her gigantic monster?

Her specific species is unnamed, and both of them are indeed dead.

I am still feeling quite sad here that we never had explanation on the Milsaadi xenos here.T_T I really love their style which is like the opposites of Wrothians here which is based on Samurais while Milsaadi seems to based on Ninja's.^_^

Actually i had one big question here.
Considering we found in the end that all the consciousness of the people in B.B(mimes) is copied from the original humans while the original bodies is left dead in the earth.......won't that mean that all the character/human here is not even the original human anymore? As i don't think it is possible to move the minds totally intact to the server. The most they can do will only copy them inside the database and then moved them back to mimes right?

More or less - there are other ships with unstated fates which tried to take actual bodies into space, but every human on the White Whale was a digitised copy.

And whats worst with the databank destroyed......i would said except for Elma, all the other character here can't be trusted at all here. I mean, who knows their memories and personality have been tampered by the person who destroyed the database here? As, there are simply no guarantee that those person in the mimes now are even the same person they are playing now after all, being in data would make it possible to tamper all the memories inside the database here.

I don't think it was their intention to show the database as being intentionally sabotaged, more that it was just destroyed in the crash. Transferring the consciousnesses of the inhabitants by some unknown method was pretty clearly portrayed as the act of intervention there - there's still room for a sequel plot twist, of course.

casiopao

Her specific species is unnamed, and both of them are indeed dead.

More or less - there are other ships with unstated fates which tried to take actual bodies into space, but every human on the White Whale was a digitised copy.

I don't think it was their intention to show the database as being intentionally sabotaged, more that it was just destroyed in the crash. Transferring the consciousnesses of the inhabitants by some unknown method was pretty clearly portrayed as the act of intervention there - there's still room for a sequel plot twist, of course.

Awww sadness. I would hope that Monolith give some extra info on her and the monster here on why she hate human so much here.T_T She is really interesting for me here lol.

That is the one with 50k human with body vs 20 million human data right? Except for Elma of course.^_^

Ehhh? I thought the database was mentioned to be destroyed by they never mentioned the main cause for the damage right? Over here i thought the main reason for the damage is simply caused by someone here. But maybe i am remembering wrong here.

About the digital copies, that is the one i had some feeling there is going to be some twist about that in the future here. I mean considering how we see that the government is more or less hiding something(untrustworthy) i wonder if they even do something behind the team here on the data they copied here. As the way that everyone just had their memories here while Cross had zero memories is something extremely strange here.

Vena

About the digital copies, that is the one i had some feeling there is going to be some twist about that in the future here. I mean considering how we see that the government is more or less hiding something(untrustworthy) i wonder if they even do something behind the team here on the data they copied here. As the way that everyone just had their memories here while Cross had zero memories is something extremely strange here.

Cross is the twist in the story already. Since he doesn't appear to exist as any one of or on record for the White Whale crew.

-Horizon-

I feel like the next game will cover the events involving the french (or was it japanese) ship.
Based on nothing at all, I'd even go so far as to say that that was one of the ships that tried to put real people on board. It'd certainly be a twist. Especially if you die, you have to start over as a new character from that ship...lol no they won't go that far lol.

Based on nothing at all, I'd even go so far as to say that that was one of the ships that tried to put real people on board. It'd certainly be a twist. Especially if you die, you have to start over as a new character from that ship...lol no they won't go that far lol.

#ZombiUfeelings ^_^

I don't think Monolith will follow XenoX plot. They'll probably do as usual and create a story that's loosely connected.

Part of me wants to know more about Mira, but honestly, I love stories with loose ends and I think the mystery of Mira should stay a mystery. Trying to solve it will keep the game alive forever in my brain.

That cliffhanger ending...

It makes me wonder if what they're doing for the next game. Will they continue with Mira and what happens to Lao, or will it be a completely different game?

Pokemaniac

If the next game is set on Mira, it probably will take place far from NLA, and you probably won't be able to get to NLA until late in the game if at all.

I do think it's likely that they'll somehow follow up on the story of X, but it may be a bit indirect, like X's connection to the first game.

casiopao

If the next game is set on Mira, it probably will take place far from NLA, and you probably won't be able to get to NLA until late in the game if at all.

I do think it's likely that they'll somehow follow up on the story of X, but it may be a bit indirect, like X's connection to the first game.

Hmmm..... U know this situation makes me remember of original pokemon here.

I mean is it possible for us to get another Xenoblade Chronicle X 2 with another 5 continent however with All Xenoblade X 1 content for post game? To see the difference in the new timeline?

Just beat Chapter 12 last night. I was honestly really happy with it. Sure, I see a lot of the criticisms people have (silent avatar character, useless 4th character, etc), but I still enjoyed it. Really looking forward to a direct sequel of some sort. There's just so many questions as people have pointed out. What I want to know is just how the first XC game is connected. Yeah there a few joke references here and there, but I was rather intrigued how Tatsu called the group "Hom-homs" and then wondered himself why he used that term. It really makes me think we'll get an explanation in a sequel. My current theory is that the human ancestors who created the Ganglion are somehow related to Shulk and company. Gets hoping.

And now I'm looking forward to the post game content and getting 100 percent.

MomoQca

Just beat Chapter 12 last night. I was honestly really happy with it. Sure, I see a lot of the criticisms people have (silent avatar character, useless 4th character, etc), but I still enjoyed it. Really looking forward to a direct sequel of some sort. There's just so many questions as people have pointed out. What I want to know is just how the first XC game is connected. Yeah there a few joke references here and there, but I was rather intrigued how Tatsu called the group "Hom-homs" and then wondered himself why he used that term. It really makes me think we'll get an explanation in a sequel. My current theory is that the human ancestors who created the Ganglion are somehow related to Shulk and company. Gets hoping.

And now I'm looking forward to the post game content and getting 100 percent.

Takahashi repeatedly said the game is a spiritual sequel to XC. It's not meant to be connected in any way meaningfully.

With some of the other references (Lin's hairpin, Nopon Sword of Legandyness, Tatsu mentioning the "legendary Frontier Village") sure, but I don't know, that last bit I mentioned makes me believe otherwise.

Pokemaniac

Takahashi repeatedly said the game is a spiritual sequel to XC. It's not meant to be connected in any way meaningfully.

And yet the game is clearly trying to get you to believe that these Nopon are descended from the ones who lived on the Bionis. There's some dialog which pretty directly implies they aren't actually native to Mira.

MomoQca

And yet the game is clearly trying to get you to believe that these Nopon are descended from the ones who lived on the Bionis. There's some dialog which pretty directly implies they aren't actually native to Mira.

Being non-native to Mira doesn't mean they're from the Bionis. They could've originated from a different planet. Anyway, if I recall correctly from an early interview, the Nopon weren't intended to be in this game until later in development. I don't think the developers intended to connect the two games in one universe.

I'm not saying either is right or wrong. Things can certainly change as development goes on.

Also, it's funny to me just how appropriate modeling my character after Motoko from Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex ended up being. I just did it as a way to use her voice actress, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn but having humans' consciousness backed up to a server sure seemed like something out of GitS.

Makonero

Being non-native to Mira doesn't mean they're from the Bionis. They could've originated from a different planet. Anyway, if I recall correctly from an early interview, the Nopon weren't intended to be in this game until later in development. I don't think the developers intended to connect the two games in one universe.

Tatsu directly mentions the "Legendary Frontier Village" as well as calls humans "Hom Homs" at one point. While almost literally winking at the camera. It would be very easy to dismiss this as a nod or actually follow up on it. It could be an easter egg or an actual hint to backstory.

After all, in the original Xenoblade,
the universe was reformed after the final battle, so maybe this the future of that universe.

Golnei

More than anything, it's the placement of the Hom Hom line that makes it conspicuous - it's not shoved into a sidequest or incidental dialogue, instead being placed in a major climactic story scene directly after the infodumping about the origin of humanity; as well as also being directly commented on, to further draw attention to it. If it really is just an innocuous reference with no plot significance, it's a bizarre place to put it.

MomoQca

More than anything, it's the placement of the Hom Hom line that makes it conspicuous - it's not shoved into a sidequest or incidental dialogue, instead being placed in a major climactic story scene directly after the infodumping about the origin of humanity; as well as also being directly commented on, to further draw attention to it. If it really is just an innocuous reference with no plot significance, it's a bizarre place to put it.

It was really bizarre. I still don't think it's meant to be taken seriously despite the gravity of the situation. Does anyone know what Tatsu says in the Japanese version in this particular scene? Maybe the Hom Hom reference was added in by the localization team?

Top Bottom