• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X post game discussion [UNMARKED SPOILERS]

Jolkien

Now that this game finally reached our shores I wanted to create a thread where those who finished it (or don't care for spoilers) can discuss the game at length without minding any spoilers. I have played the game for 138 hours and finished with a global survey rate or 59.66%

What worked for me:
The vast and beautiful locales of Mira it looks downright gorgeous at time. Rough on some spots (terrible aliasing, pop in, draw distance) but overall I feel like the game art style trumped the technical limitation Monolith had to work with. At first I wasn't sold on the combat system but in the end the Soul Voice system was well done and added a layer of dynamism into the core game play. The system works fine and I did not modify it, just rolled with the default one and it got the jobs done. The Skells flight package change how you explore the world and flip it on it's head and you can appreciate even more the staggering size of the world. They did a good job on some of the normal mission to flesh out the world and I was surprised some quests affect the world in a visible way. (for example the water processing plant). The music worked surprisingly well for me, except for the audio balance during cut scene. Seriously who thought it'd be a great idea to have the music track (with lyrics mind you) louder than the dialog ?
I also love the liberty the combat system lets you play and experiment it with equipping any weapon on any class if you mastered said class. I finished the game playing as a Drifter for the 5 skill slot and I used a Photon Saber and a Raygun.

What didn't worked for me:

The story. It's SO sparse. What's their in the ''core'' main story is really good in my opinion. It strike a lot of right cord in what I like about sci-fi jRPG it's just a shame how little there is. On top of the sparse story they even mostly waste a chapter. Nothing of importance happens in Chapter 7, at all. The only thing that makes it a main story is it's fully voice acted, if you made me read the chapter and ask me main or normal mission I would have picked normal any day of the week. What's their is badly shown or told and the game dumps you a huge amount of story information in the last few cut scenes of the game. Why is Mira special and we can control or Mims even tough the database is completely destroyed, the only explanation is because Mira is special. The sheer time investment to craft anything in the game seems like a joke. I crafted a level 40 Photon Saber and the Ares.90. That's it, nothing else the requirements are ridiculously huge. The affinity system also doesn't work well in this game in my opinion, WAY too many party members and in futures games Monolith don't let us run on the map to put party member in our lineup just give us a menu. We use countless times communicator in the game but we can't call X and says ''Hey let's go on an adventure, meet us there'' or whatever.

I loved the fact that the game tackle the fact that ''every alien race speaks english'' but also hate that they never revisit the subject. Right there of course I knew there was something special with this planet but we never get to know to answer or at least dig up a bit of the mystery. The game also finish on a phrase teasing about a sequel. I really hope the game does well and Monolith gets to make a Xenoblade 3 either as a direct sequel or a spiritual successor. I'd prefer a direct sequel but perhaps reign in the open world of it and gives us a lot more story.

I loved the small nods to other Xeno game with Lin hairpin, the Legendary Nopon sword which is clearly a nod to the Monado. The life hold resembling a bit like the Zohars and of course Elma real appearance gives off Kos-Mos vibes from Xenosaga.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
The story feels like a prologue to me. I didn't like how it is split by chapters especially since some chapters are not as memorable as say chapter 5, 8,10-12. Also, why don't they show MY skells!!! It's funny because right when you land on the lifehold, it does show your skell in the background.

Gameplay though.... I still can't stop playing post game. Seriously considering recreating a character after I set my end-game gear + skells.

aravuus

Oh you did make one, alright

Here are my thoughts on the topic: Story was pretty terrible. Glad to hear they're taking a more story-focused approach with the next one again.

Basically in the end credit, Elma went back to the Lifehold to check on the "memories" of all the mims, which is apparently kept in a different database bank. The Zohar thing, holds the conciousness/soul of the survivors, but not their memories.

Okay, so essentially they could recreate anyone, just with all knowledge about Mira or whatever they've learned after boarding WW gone?

I beat chapter 12 and was wondering how far into the end game do you need to go to find out who the cloaked figure was who walked up to Lao on the beach.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member

Here are my thoughts on the topic: Story was pretty terrible. Glad to hear they're taking a more story-focused approach with the next one again.

Okay, so essentially they could recreate anyone, just with all knowledge about Mira or whatever they've learned after boarding WW gone?

Actually the memories databases are destroyed. Hence they do not know why they are still living/ have their memories intact.

I beat chapter 12 and was wondering how far into the end game do you need to go to find out who the cloaked figure was who walked up to Lao on the beach.

I don't know if its going to be revealed in this game, maybe in sequel. I have not finished doing all of the missions yet though. Got distracted with end-game gear.

Jolkien

I don't know if it's addressed in an affinity quest or a normal mission. I'm kinda fed up on the affinity grinding so I'll miss a few cut-scene. If they push the story further in those it's really poor form to continue where you main story left off gating it behind time sink requirement.

They already confirmed a sequel and that they're going back to a more story heavy game ? Any sources on that ? If it's true I am so happy.

aravuus

Actually the memories databases are destroyed. Hence they do not know why they are still living/ have their memories intact.

Yeah, but you're talking about the memories of the MIMS, which I took as "the memories they've learned since entering their mim bodies".

If it's JUST their consciousness that's in the final boss area's zohar-thingie and ALL of their memories, ones they've made in Mira in addition to everything they've learned since their birth were located in the destroyed zohar-thingies, fair enough

It does raise the question that just what the hell is consciousness without memories, though.

They already confirmed a sequel and that they're going back to a more story heavy game ? Any sources on that ? If it's true I am so happy.

Well... It's what I recall reading, I might be wrong tbh

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
I don't know if it's addressed in an affinity quest or a normal mission. I'm kinda fed up on the affinity grinding so I'll miss a few cut-scene. If they push the story further in those it's really poor form to continue where you main story left off gating it behind time sink requirement.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/0...to-focus-more-on-the-story-for-his-next-game/

To be fair, no title is given, but it is very likely the sequel.

Yeah, but you're talking about the memories of the MIMS, which I took as "the memories they've learned since entering their mim bodies".

If it's JUST their consciousness that's in the final boss area's zohar-thingie and ALL of their memories, ones they've made in Mira in addition to everything they've learned since their birth were located in the destroyed zohar-thingies, fair enough

It does raise the question that just what the hell is consciousness without memories, though.

Well... It's what I recall reading, I might be wrong tbh

Now this is where all the philosophies, theories, all come in ><

I believe, the game is hinting that souls and memories are treated separately. The databases holds ALL the memories of the mims, including their memories from back on Earth.

The Zohar itself only holds the conciousness/souls.

I think the post credits scene was just trying to say that the game doesn't end just because you finished the story. I don't expect a sequel from X but it's possible i'm wrong and it really is just teasing X2.

Jolkien

Oh and one more criticism I can't believe I forgot to write it at first. The silent protagonist, why would you do that. I know going into the game the MC wasn't speaking but after experiencing the game it is such a let down.

I also hated that for the most part the fourth party member could be a stick of plywood and it'd be the same. And I was disappointed that the game cut scene never take into account your Skell. not even when you are flying towards the core and about to engage the enemy forces.

I think the post credits scene was just trying to say that the game doesn't end just because you finished the story. I don't expect a sequel from X but it's possible i'm wrong and it really is just teasing X2.

I really wonder who was in the cloak that pulled Lao out of the water.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Oh and one more criticism I can't believe I forgot to write it at first. The silent protagonist, why would you do that. I know going into the game the MC wasn't speaking but after experiencing the game it is such a let down.

I also hated that for the most part the fourth party member could be a stick of plywood and it'd be the same. And I was disappointed that the game cut scene never take into account your Skell. not even when you are flying towards the core and about to engage the enemy forces.

This is due to last minute changes I think. They did a major overhaul for the MC mid-development. It probably had an effect on the budget and time. I am hoping that they will voice the avatar on the sequel.

Oh wow I like most of the stuff I read in the article. That's good news, hopefully Nintendo will green light a sequel assuming it'll sell decently.

They better do after that post credit scene....

ivysaur12

Banned
Oh wow I like most of the stuff I read in the article. That's good news, hopefully Nintendo will green light a sequel assuming it'll sell decently.

As someone else pointed out in another thread, I don't think this game is as expensive as it seems, and it's already seemingly doing much better in America and Europe in its ~2weeks of release then it has done in Japan thus far.

aravuus

Yeah, it was worded weirdly but that's what I got out of it too

Kinda hoping Xenoblade Chronicles X-2XXX or whatever idiotic name they'll come up is a whole new story tbh. Mira intrigues me, but I'm not sure I want them to go back to it in the next game.

Jolkien

As someone else pointed out in another thread, I don't think this game is as expensive as it seems, and it's already seemingly doing much better in American and Europe in its ~2weeks of release then it has done in Japan thus far.

For the size of the game, I was surprised how short the credits were. I didn't time it but it didn't last more than 6-8 minutes tops. For such a big game, the team was small. Wonder how long it took them.

Kinda hoping Xenoblade Chronicles X-2XXX or whatever idiotic name they'll come up is a whole new story tbh. Mira intrigues me, but I'm not sure I want them to go back to it in the next game.

I'd like Takahashi to give another shot to a trilogy or something. I loved Xenosaga so much, even tough it was supposed to be 6 games. But if we go back to Mira with much more story there a lot we can explore. More of the cat people (forgot their name) the Ma-non and L's race. As far as I know we did not see a single other person from that race in the game.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
As someone else pointed out in another thread, I don't think this game is as expensive as it seems, and it's already seemingly doing much better in American and Europe in its ~2weeks of release then it has done in Japan thus far.

I was under the impression it was expensive due to the Iwata Ask session they released. Of course it only mentioned the software testing portion and the number of lines. Monolith is also helping out with other projects anyways so I believe it is very likely that it will be green-lit.

For the size of the game, I was surprised how short the credits were. I didn't time it but it didn't last more than 6-8 minutes tops. For such a big game, the team was small. Wonder how long it took them.

5 years I believe? I think Xenoblade Chronicles was released in 2010.

ivysaur12

Banned

I actually think X-2 or whatever could happen because of how much of X is a tease versus something more complete ala XBC.

I was under the impression it was expensive due to the Iwata Ask session they released. Of course it only mentioned the software testing portion and the number of lines. Monolith is also helping out with other projects anyways so I believe it is very likely that it will be green-lit.

I don't think it's not not expensive, but compared to other open-world games, I would guess the budget of XCX doesn't even come close to matching those. Either way, it'll probably do better than the first Xenoblade and there will be another game with the IP as its now another B/C-tier Nintendo franchise.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
I actually think X-2 or whatever could happen because of how much of X is a tease versus something more complete ala XBC.

It does have the Xenosaga-esque to be continued style ><

Did they ever confirmed that the 5 continents is the whole Mira? I know they said they set out to create a planet, but I never got confirmation it was only 5 continents. Storywise, they barely unlocked the flight module. I doubt they fully explored Mira.

Jolkien

Did they ever confirmed that the 5 continents is the whole Mira? I know they said they set out to create a planet, but I never got confirmation it was only 5 continents. Storywise, they barely unlocked the flight module. I doubt they fully explored Mira.

I doubt they explored it entirely. It wouldn't be a stretch if that was only a continent.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Don't tease my heart with such thought. Just thinking about it feels my with hope and dreams. -_- High sci-fi space opera is the game setting that tickles my fancy the most.

I seriously doubt they intend to end it here. Not to mention, everyone is technically immortal at this point. It may even take place after they have created a spaceship to explore the star system.

Also there are a lot of hints at there is "something in Mira" that pulled them in, prevented professor B from time traveling, etc. Then there is the "great one" that abandoned his vessel on Mira.

There are a lot of questions that was left unanswered.

I doubt they explored it entirely. It wouldn't be a stretch if that was only a continent.

Exactly, that is why I think the next game may still be in Mira, but in an entirely different continent or they can do a time skip and build a spaceship since they are immortal.

Sakura

The next Xenoblade game better be a sequel to X or I will be pretty upset for being left with that cliffhanger junk.

Between the stuff in the ending, Professor B's failed attempts, and all the different alien races being mysteriously drawn together; Did anyone else feel like Mira is basically The Island from Lost? That was pretty much my first thought after the game's ending.

Also the ending all happened too quickly. This really does feel like the first chapter of a larger story.

ivysaur12

Banned

I'd assume if there was another game there'd be like 5-7 more continents of Mira omg we moved New LA! Or we made a new city and it's New Tokyo/New Paris/New Colony 9.

Between the stuff in the ending, Professor B's failed attempts, and all the different alien races being mysteriously drawn together; Did anyone else feel like Mira is basically The Island from Lost? That was pretty much my first thought after the game's ending.

Also the ending all happened too quickly. This really does feel like the first chapter of a larger story.

Yeah, the game seemed to be centered very much on that Mira is a bizarre place with magical properties that drew all these aliens together for reasons that are thus far unknown. It's interesting, I just wish we'd get an answer.

Knowing Takahashi, maybe Mira is where Jesus was chilling after he was resurrected

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
I'd assume if there was another game there'd be like 5-7 more continents of Mira omg we moved New LA! Or we made a new city and it's New Tokyo/New Paris/New Colony 9.

Yeah, the game seemed to be centered very much on that Mira is a bizarre place with magical properties that drew all these aliens together for reasons that are thus far unknown. It's interesting, I just wish we'd get an answer.

Knowing Takahashi, maybe Mira is where Jesus was chilling after he was resurrected

I wouldn't be surprised. I actually do not mind being a part of the crew that creates the new tokyo/paris, etc. It will be like colony 6 world building in a larger scale.... now I am hyping myself...

Jolkien

If they make the next Xenoblade a direct sequel they will be tempted to go full open world again and we risk of having the same thing with the story. I know some developer went with a big open and compelling world but the question now is Monolith capable.

Vena

I'll just post what I posted in the other thread, now without tags, on my supposition on Cross:

So something from the story that after thinking about it, sticks out to me:

---

The fact that there is no Lifehold, makes a lot of the deaths in the game/quests a lot more permanent doesn't it?

---

Cross is the only character who doesn't actually remember himself, out of all NLA this is the only time you see an amnesiac. This stuck out to me more than just "hurr durr silent protag" because of a few reasons:
(1.) You're the seemingly the last survivor found (to the point where they had given up hope of ever finding anyone else).
(2.) No one else has lost memories.
(3.) Your amnesia is extreme, to the point that you didn't even know you were a Mimesome.
(4.) There is no Lifehold Core for you to be synced with, nor is there seemingly any record of you. Every other character has a pre-WW record. You don't exist, both figuratively in the history of the game or more jokingly in the main story. (This is what really sticks out to me. Where did Cross come from at all given the story's conclusion. Everyone in LA knows who they were because Mira seemingly effectively moved everyone's memories/souls into the Mimesomes from the computer frame. So why is Cross empty? Its almost like a Cross wasn't part of the White Whale, like a fabrication of Mira (of which we run into many).)
(5.) We know Mira is changing the rules of the game. Its why everyone is even alive, why the alien races can speak to each other so easily, and it prevent Prof B from leaving. Its like its stuck in time.
(6.) There are a few other details in quests and such which make you out to be a "solution" to a bunch of different species or interspecies problems/savior. Professor B needs you. The Orphe need you otherwise they'd have gone extinct. The Ma'non needed you. The hazmat dudes needed you as well.
(7.) Elma the all-knowing didn't know you, your amnesia, or anything about you for that matter.
(8.) Elma is the source of the Ganglion fear/troubles, but Cross is the actual hammer that breaks everything. Why didn't you exist before Mira? Why wasn't some of Cross' talent enlisted as a soldier? He was obviously a crew member of the whale... but then why does no one know him?

Your character is basically Mira's (the planets) avatar and end-game solution to keeping several races alive against the odds. If you weren't found, a lot of scenario change as, while you may not be directly appreciated, play a pivotal role in several key moments (particularly at the end where autonomy is stripped from the player to save Lao).

Knowing Takahashi, I don't want to say this is coincidence. I think this is the vestige of what used to be the main character Cross was before he became a mute/nameless protagonist. To a degree I think its actually a better form for the story to take if Cross was meant to be an eventuality system of Mira or glitch in the system. This is like Shulk + Monado revelation stuff but more subded, rather than being god, you are a more literal force of nature from the planet.

We can have a discussion in here without caring/worrying about spoilers. I suspect some of the post game affinity missions will help me better expand on the above ideas, also, but I only just beat the story proper and am working on Custom Frames to make myself a Gundam.

If they make the next Xenoblade a direct sequel they will be tempted to go full open world again and we risk of having the same thing with the story. I know some developer went with a big open and compelling world but the question now is Monolith capable.

I guess I liked the story overall, but more that I really liked the world/side stories much moreso than I cared about the main storyline but they all worked to form a "season of a TV show" for me. I wouldn't mind if they did this again if they fixed some of the QoL issues and pacing of the main story/cutscene quality.

Kouriozan

I absolutely hate cliffhanger endings since Golden Sun 3. At least let me get Lao back!
Otherwise, the main story was O.K., enjoyed it but I gotta agree that the affinity quests are better.
And still so much mysteries about the planet Mira, it started with Elma mentioning how all those Xenos could talk in human language, and now how every mims are still working despite the datas being destroyed, in fact I'm even thinking crazy stuff like they are all in a digital world or something since it makes no sense.

We haven't even gotten to Samaar or that other alien faction in the war either.

Also, after finishing the game, I took a look at the opening cutscene again.

You know the Ganglion flagship? The one they have on Mira? It's actually a really tiny portion or the entire fleet, there are copies of those ships in a sprawling 4 point formation. You can even see Vita in the opening.

Who the hell is the mysterious hero anyway. They never touched on that one story part. Is it just supposed to be Elma?

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member

They are capable, its shown by X. Keep in mind, this is their first time building an open world. As mentioned in the article they linked previously, they have learned a lot by creating X. Takahashi also read feedbacks from fans (I remember reading this somewhere). Since Takahashi plays western RPGs, they can learn from witcher 3 and fallout 4. I believe they can improve their story structuring. Then there is the NX.

Vena

I absolutely hate cliffhanger endings since Golden Sun 3. At least let me get Lao back!
Otherwise, the main story was O.K., enjoyed it but I gotta agree that the affinity quests are better.
And still so much mysteries about the planet Mira, it started with Elma mentioning how all those Xenos could talk in human language, and now how every mims are still working despite the datas being destroyed, in fact I'm thinking they are all in a digital world or something since it makes no sense.

I think Mira is potentially a sentient planet or some sort of super system set up by the Samaarians. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the rest of universe were, for some reason, completely destroyed or invaded or gone, and that Mira is an ark planet.

There's a few quests/affinity missions that give you the feeling that Mira is conspiring in the events going on.

Who the hell is the mysterious hero anyway. They never touched on that one story part. Is it just supposed to be Elma?

Its Elma and the Ares-90, which is her actual mech. The Ares is seemingly based off of, or is outright, a Samaarian mech.

ivysaur12

Banned
I'll just post what I posted in the other thread, now without tags, on my supposition on Cross:

We can have a discussion in here without caring/worrying about spoilers. I suspect some of the post game affinity missions will help me better expand on the above ideas, also, but I only just beat the story proper and am working on Custom Frames to make myself a Gundam.

I guess I liked the story overall, but more that I really liked the world/side stories much moreso than I cared about the main storyline but they all worked to form a "season of a TV show" for me. I wouldn't mind if they did this again if they fixed some of the QoL issues and pacing of the main story/cutscene quality.

I wonder if Mira even exists or is some sort of program.

We haven't even gotten to Samaar or that other alien faction in the war either.

Also, after finishing the game, I took a look at the opening cutscene again.

You know the Ganglion flagship? The one they have on Mira? It's actually a really tiny portion or the entire fleet, there are copies of those ships in a sprawling 4 point formation. You can even see Vita in the opening.

I thought an early affinity mission revealed it was Elma.

Vena

I wonder if Mira even exists or is some sort of program.

I thought an early affinity mission revealed it was Elma.

Professor B makes it seems like it is very real but all the same its a cheater, so to speak, in that it completely defies his knowledge of (real) physics. Particularly that of spacetime. This also ties into my thinking that Cross is a "cheat" from Mira as well.

I think he would have realized/said if it were fake.

Also no reason I can see for why the Ganglion or any other race would be digitized on this planet. Only humans have a convenient excuse. Seems more like Mira moved whoever it could save from the quantum mainframe of the Lifehold to the mims, everyone else is dead/gone (the ending is grim when you think about it, Lao ended up getting what he wanted. 20 million people? They're all gone. Its just a few thousand survivors). Anyone who died in a mim is also gone.

ivysaur12

Banned
Professor B makes it seems like it is very real but all the same its a cheater,so to speak, in that it completely defies his knowledge of (real) physics. Particularly that of spacetime.

I think he would have realized/said if it were fake.

Hm, that makes sense. I forgot about the Professor B of it all. Yeah, Mira being some sort of sentient gaia-esque planet makes sense. I assume that if there were an X2, it'd deal with that sentient spirit, which would be in line with Xenoblade/Xenosaga.

Jolkien

Speaking of the opening cut scene, who were the Ganglion fighting at the beginning ? It can't be the Samaar since they are genetically programmed with a counter measure if they decide to rebel against the Samaarians.

The ganglion followed us but their opponents were vanquished ? What happened to them ?

And it wouldn't change the plot at all but I wonder if we are in the universe Shulk rebooted at the end of the first game.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member

I think Mira is potentially a sentient planet or some sort of super system set up by the Samaarians. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the rest of universe were, for some reason, completely destroyed or invaded or gone, and that Mira is an ark planet.

There's a few quests/affinity missions that give you the feeling that Mira is conspiring in the events going on.

Its Elma and the Ares-90, which is her actual mech. The Ares is seemingly based off of, or is outright, a Samaarian mech.

I think it was referring to the hero that saved white whale when the aliens attacked. Elma and the higher ups seems to value that hero greatly (see the short story). So any chance that hero appearing in the sequel? Or maybe even be that hooded mysterious person that saved Lao?

aravuus

I'm expecting it to happen, I'm just not sure I want it to happen

Well, it depends on HOW direct of a sequel we're talking about. I would be more than fine with a space-faring sequel set hundreds of years after XBX's events. It wouldn't be immediately obvious that it's an actual sequel, hell, it'd take most players 20+ hours to realize it.

The first half could be just whatever-JRPG in space - we don't have enough of those anyway. The main party's a bunch of space *insert something cool, like pirates or smugglers* that get tangled up in political plots and a bunch of people rise against an evil space empire yadda yadda yadda, things are very Star Wars and Game of Thrones and whatever for a while. Just something fun you know, regular JRPG stuff but in space, I don't fucking write stories come on.

Then after a certain point, AN EVIL UNKNOWN THREAT FROM BEYOND DARK SPACE or whatever RISES AND THREATENS ALL OF MANKIND and other things and thingkind (whatever if it's cliche, I fucking love it). Lots of cool stuff happens, someone dies tragically, plot twists etc, main party starts solving the unknown threat mystery for some reason and end up finding a wormhole which would then lead them to a planet that's stuck in time. Or space. Stuck in space-time.

And that planet would be Mira. We land, everyone goes "holy fuck what a plot twist", they could answer things that were left open in XBX and we'd be happy. Hell, why not make it that only 10 years has gone by on Mira? We could learn about the missing saviors of Mira, Elma and Cross/MC, and how they have gone missing and everything's gone to shit. Lao is back as the fucked up beast leader of Mira's wildlife. The old general guy went into coma and lost all his muscles due to atrophy. Lin has finally actually eaten Tatsu in a moment of insanity, and committed suicide due to the intense grief it caused her.

And the last 25% of the story would take place on Mira, where we'd learn about all the XBX characters we all kinda-know and sorta-like and, like I said, we'd learn about the planet and so on.

The final boss would an unholy fucked up fusion of Elma and Cross.

e: now that's a long post. I think I'm just trying to avoid doing uni assignments.

Well we know that the mechs that are attacking the white whale after their escape isn't Ganglion. The color scheme is different and Vita was fighting against those with the purple color scheme.

Kouriozan

That could work, I'm still working on those affinity quests and really curious what people think about it.

Vena

I think it was referring to the hero that saved white whale when the aliens attacked. Elma and the higher ups seems to value that hero greatly (see the short story). So any chance that hero appearing in the sequel? Or maybe even be that hooded mysterious person that saved Lao?

That was Elma and the Ares-90. They outright mention it early on, and the Ares is a secret that Vandaahm slips out around Cross early on.

Speaking of the opening cut scene, who were the Ganglion fighting at the beginning ? It can't be the Samaar since they are genetically programmed with a counter measure if they decide to rebel against the Samaarians.

The ganglion followed us but their opponents were vanquished ? What happened to them ?

And it wouldn't change the plot at all but I wonder if we are in the universe Shulk rebooted at the end of the first game.

Samaarians are gone. It was likely Elma's people, she's not outright Samaarian since Luxor doesn't instantly die in her presence. I think she was the willing volunteer of her people to see humans survive the war that was inevitable.

The Ganglion were there for the Earth and all of humanity (explains why they were attacking fleeing human ships, otherwise it would be an illogical action and only the Ganglion mecha do it). The other army was there to stop them but failed, Elma was the eventuality of seeing some group of humans survive. She fails, ultimately, but Mira bails her out.

Mira bails out all of the races on the planet, actually. Orphe find water, the hazmat guys find voltant, etc. The planet basically generated everything that any alien race needed to survive. For humans it transfered their minds into the mims upon the destruction of the Lifehold.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
That could work, I'm still working on those affinity quests and really curious what people think about it.

I really need to finish affinity and normal missions. Need to know more on the background. But I am too distracted by end game gears....

That was Elma and the Ares-90. They outright mention it early on, and the Ares is a secret that Vandaahm slips out around Cross early on.

It's not. Read the short story translated by Gessenkou.

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1NZO8F6qMK8cWr8LYhj4g4P7Quu-_jZadkQXyFBaLm6g/pub

Elma. herself, said that the hero is the reason she was able to stay alive during the white whale incident.

Kouriozan

Oh yeah, talking about Elma, I'd like to know where she is from and her history or stuff like that.
I'm not worried as this can be told in another Xeno game, not directly about Elma but people like her.
We know she came to Earth 30 years before the Ganglion attacked, she disguised herself as an human, had a cat, but what about before?

Jolkien

They also really quickly mentioned that the White Whale can't be the only surviving city-ship. I'd be down with the next game following another group on another planet and somehow gets word that humanity also survived on Mira, stuff happens and we visit the planet the other city ship went to and Mira, could be many years in the future so humanity is back to a space faring race.

Jolkien

Oh yeah, talking about Elma, I'd like to know where she is from and her history or stuff like that.
I'm not worried as this can be told in another Xeno game.
We know she came to Earth 30 years before the Ganglion attacked, she disguised herself as an human, had a cat, but what about before?

I wonder how could she had known the war was coming in a far enough future that humanity could develop all these things. The sheer size of the White-Whale class ship is staggering even in 30 years it's hard to say ''kk yeah we could've built that''.

Vena

They also really quickly mentioned that the White Whale can't be the only surviving city-ship. I'd be down with the next game following another group on another planet and somehow gets word that humanity also survived on Mira, stuff happens and we visit the planet the other city ship went to and Mira, could be many years in the future so humanity is back to a space faring race.

Mira is inescapable. Any story that follows X is going to be on Mira.

It's not. Read the short story translated by Gessenkou.

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1NZO8F6qMK8cWr8LYhj4g4P7Quu-_jZadkQXyFBaLm6g/pub

Elma. herself, said that the hero is the reason she was able to stay alive during the white whale incident.

Oh fascinating. Its definitely not Cross, though... or is it?

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
I'm not worried as this can be told in another Xeno game, not directly about Elma but people like her.

Let's not forget that she doesn't age appearance wise!

Oh fascinating. Its definitely not Cross, though... or is it?

There is a possibility. Since we know that we can alter our mimeosome body.

Vena

I wonder how could she had known the war was coming in a far enough future that humanity could develop all these things. The sheer size of the White-Whale class ship is staggering even in 30 years it's hard to say ''kk yeah we could've built that''.

She gave them all sorts of new tech (Qlu Trion Shields, lightspeed travel, the quantum mainframe tech, Skells based off of the Ares, etc). In 30 years? You could build that stuff especially if the warning of said ultra-advanced alien was: "Your planet is going to be destroyed in 30 years."

Top Bottom