• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| Sorry I Kept You Waiting!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You will eventually get to a point where all skills in all trees are activated. I'm lvl 74 and almost all my characters have every skills active, except the last character that you get much later in the game, and except the 5th skill trees i have yet to unlock.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well i just reached a little over 100 hours now... i'm at the
Bionis Interior at lvl 74. Is the only thing left this place and the 2nd visit to Prison Island?

I tried going to Tephra Cave for the quest i got outside Junks,
but its filled with lvl 92-94 monsters, so i cant do it! Is there any zones with monsters around lvl 80-90?

There's those fish near the 2nd AA-battery and level 73 flami around there aswell. (at night)
tOaaL.png

I recommend being at least lvl 78 before continuing the story

I also use this to find out where unique monster are since they give alot more XP... You can also fight those Hoxes under
raquel bridge on the bions leg

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
There's those fish near the 2nd AA-battery and level 73 flami around there aswell. (at night)
http://i.imgur.com/tOaaL.png

I recommend being at least lvl 78 before continuing the story

I also use this to find out where unique monster are

78 sounds overleveled. He should be fine around 73-75 at the point he's at.
He still has the entire Prison Island II to go, and the enemies in there give enough experience that he should easily hit 78-79. And the game is definitely beatable at 79, rather easily at that. Final boss gave me zero problems at that level. I've heard 78 is really difficult, but as easy as it was at 79, that seems hard to believe. Not sure you can beat it lower than that due to the agility penalty though.

Bisnic

The worst thing, is that i got to this lvl by doing LOTS of sidequests. People who skip them must be pretty underleveled by then, unless they killed a lot of monsters.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
78 sounds overleveled. He should be fine around 73-75 at the point he's at.
He still has the entire Prison Island II to go, and the enemies in there give enough experience that he should easily hit 78-79. And the game is definitely beatable at 79, rather easily at that. Final boss gave me zero problems at that level. I've heard 78 is really difficult, but as easy as it was at 79, that seems hard to believe. Not sure you can beat it lower than that due to the agility penalty though.

I tried beating (endgame spoilers)
Dickson which was pretty difficult around level 74-75.... The fight against zanza however, I was utterly killed... It's just makes it easy to beat those level 80's in the zanza fight....fought unique monsters to level 78 and it was difficult but not as much

The worst thing, is that i got to this lvl by doing LOTS of sidequests. People who skip them must be pretty underleveled by then, unless they killed a lot of monsters.

I did and when I believed I was under leveled.. I just kept killing unique monsters that respawn... such as Territorial Rotbart (lvl 81)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

The game actually seems to balance out experience better than I thought it did. I think I'm actually going to have to use a cheat to make the game reasonably challenging for the rest of my playthrough. Despite doing very few quests and not killing all that many normal enemies, I am severely overleveled just by hunting out every unique enemy and discovering landmarks/locations.

And now that I'm doing quests too to get some of the rewards that require 5 star affinity, I'm going to be even more overleveled! Think I'm going to use a 0.75 exp multiplier and see how that works :lol

Dickson which was pretty difficult around level 74-75.... The fight against zanza however, I was utterly killed... It's just makes it easy to beat those level 80's in the zanza fight....fought unique monsters to level 78 and it was difficult but not as much

Yeah, you were definitely underleveled, since the final boss is approximately level
, IIRC.

Zing

Banned
I keep getting the message that my nunchuck is not connected even though it is. I just lost like an hour of gameplay because I had to turn off my console. And occasionally I lose control of my main character as s/he runs around in circles. Is my nunchuck and/or Wiimote done for, or is there some simple fix? I tried re-syncing the control, and that helped for a little bit...

Did you disconnect and reconnect the nunchuck? I've had this happen with various games, and all I do is unplug and replug the nunchuck. It solves both issues.

mochuuu

PSN Community Mgr.
Just started playing this game this week with admittedly low expectations. Despite the hype, I wasn't sure if it would grab me enough to feel compelled to put a ton of time in to it. Boy was I wrong.

After a quick learning hurdle with the quest system and the no item usage in battles, I'm really really enjoying this game. The music adds a ton of dimension to the world, and it's pretty much the type JRPG I've been looking for since FFXII.

I'm only about 4 hours in, but last night was the night I felt the hook really sink in. Now I can't wait to just play more.

I keep getting the message that my nunchuck is not connected even though it is. I just lost like an hour of gameplay because I had to turn off my console. And occasionally I lose control of my main character as s/he runs around in circles. Is my nunchuck and/or Wiimote done for, or is there some simple fix? I tried re-syncing the control, and that helped for a little bit...

Losing control of your character has to do with the nunchuck. It sounds like there's a loose connection or something. You know how older games said not to touch the control stick when plugging in the controller? Because it needs to be in the default position when it turns on, or else whatever position it's in will become the default and everything will go crazy. It sounds like your nunchuck is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting, and when it reconnects, your thumb is already moving it in one direction, so that direction becomes the default and the controls go crazy. Make sure your nunchuck is pushed in all the way, or maybe use a different remote or nunchuck.

Bisnic

If you're where I think you are, essentially every timed quest in any area is going to end soon. So take care of any of those you want to do first.

Also a bunch of zones
(mainly the Mechonis ones) will become inacessible after. So if you also need to complete your collectibles list, might as well do that too.

mochuuu

PSN Community Mgr.
Just started playing this game this week with admittedly low expectations. Despite the hype, I wasn't sure if it would grab me enough to feel compelled to put a ton of time in to it. Boy was I wrong.

After a quick learning hurdle with the quest system and the no item usage in battles, I'm really really enjoying this game. The music adds a ton of dimension to the world, and it's pretty much the type JRPG I've been looking for since FFXII.

I'm only about 4 hours in, but last night was the night I felt the hook really sink in. Now I can't wait to just play more.

sorry for the double post. Gaf being down confuddled me.

Bisnic

Did you just copy/paste something you posted 2 hours ago? =|

ZenaxPure

I did
prison island II around level 70 and then Zanza himself at around 74 >_>. Dunban/Shulk/Riki combo is seriously overpowered.
Had no trouble with any of it except one death that was just cheap as it was a one shot on the character I was controlling and it was the like 2 seconds of a fight I have none of the party gauge filled.

Chairhome

Just a quick question. I'm on my way to Colony 6 right now, so I'm very early in the game. There's no way to change your leader while in battle, right?

Hiltz

on junks about to fight egil again, is there anything i need to do before fighting egil?

Assuming you're at the point in the game where you have to go to
Mechonis Core by talking to Miqol, Egil's fat father inside Junks
, then the following areas are the cut off points in the game:
Prison Island, Central Factory, and Mechonis Core. So make sure that you've done the sidequests there and have obtained at least one of every collectible item from Central Factory. In addition, you won't be able to warp directly to Alcamoth. However, you can still get there by warping to Eryth Sea and using the landmark portal there to get inside the city. You'll be able to restore Alcamoth's landmark warp points later on.

Just a quick question. I'm on my way to Colony 6 right now, so I'm very early in the game. There's no way to change your leader while in battle, right?

That's correct. You can only change the party leader outside of battle.

Is it possible to miss any heart to heart event?
I'm guessing there is one which occurs a few hours in
the very first one between Shulk and Fiora
. I assume the game lets you skip it as it only brings up the heart to heart tutorial; not send you into it.

There is also a very late game event which gives some affinity between two members though is not a heart to heart level 70-75 spoilers(vauge situation it occurs and between whom)
When the party is just Melia, have Melia chat to Shulk...keep at it, eventually affinity raises. Also, have a box of tissues ready...
a video was posted a few pages back...

And now that I'm doing quests too to get some of the rewards that require 5 star affinity, I'm going to be even more overleveled! Think I'm going to use a 0.75 exp multiplier and see how that works :lol
I started my second playthrough.

I'm going to do the same but for x0.5 (for anyone out the loop we're talking about ocarina codes), then if I get under leveled try and gear it up. As my play through if up to the (few hours in)
the mechon attack
and I'm like level 14 so basically uniques have been the only thing giving me any trouble (all the feasible ones are slain).

Waggling with nunchuck in damages the connector between both. It is a known design fault which is why the motionplus connector can wiggle as the R&D team ran into the same problem when designing that. Why Wii Remote Plus and newer nunchucks are not similarly revised I do not know (yet newer Wii Remote Plus have new firmware which limits how bluetooth data can be transmitted...so they are doing something)

Poyunch

Managed to get to Frontier Village yesterday. I got bored and stopped playing (first time this has happened) because there was just too much stuff.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I started my second playthrough.

I'm going to do the same but for x0.5 (for anyone out the loop we're talking about ocarina codes), then if I get under leveled try and gear it up. As my play through if up to the (few hours in)
the mechon attack
and I'm like level 14 so basically uniques have been the only thing giving me any trouble (all the feasible ones are slain).

I'm playing in Dolphin so I don't know if that makes a difference, but the code I tried was broken. Adjusted the hex so it should have been 0.75, but as soon as I got experience I jumped to level 99. So... that wasn't what I wanted at all.

Bisnic

I'm guessing there is one which occurs a few hours in
the very first one between Shulk and Fiora
. I assume the game lets you skip it as it only brings up the heart to heart tutorial; not send you into it.

There is also a very late game event which gives some affinity between two members though is not a heart to heart level 70-75 spoilers(vauge situation it occurs and between whom)
When the party is just Melia, have Melia chat to Shulk...keep at it, eventually affinity raises. Also, have a box of tissues ready...
a video was posted a few pages back...

Pretty sure any hearts-to-hearts in
Alcamoth
become unavailable after that special event happen.

Gaf, xenoblade on Wii is making me feel bad in the long run (graphic wise).
On my work pc (i7 oc@3.4 4g ram dominator and an old 4890) will dolphin work decently enough?
Ty

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Gaf, xenoblade on Wii is making me feel bad in the long run (graphic wise).
On my work pc (i7 oc@3.4 4g ram dominator and an old 4890) will dolphin work decently enough?
Ty

You would definitely be cutting it close. It probably wouldn't be a solid 30FPS, and you'd definitely have sound issues.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty sure any hearts-to-hearts in
Alcamoth
become unavailable after that special event happen.

Definitely sure you are wrong.

I did every single one of them on my final go through of the area for the final quests you have there.

Bisnic

Definitely sure you are wrong.

I did every single one of them on my final go through of the area for the final quests you have there.

Weird, last time i tried checking if i could quick travel there,
everything was red because of what happened there...
Maybe im still missing some story bits to open it again.

So I haven't played this for about a week until today. Have been just really busy with other things and also I've kind of just been putting it off for some reason. I'm glad I jumped back into it today though because it's the most fun I've had with it since I picked it up. I'm at,
The part where Melia has to go into the tomb. I'm really digging the atmosphere of Eryth Sea and it seems like the story is finally starting to pick up some. I felt like it was dragging along up until this point
. Going out for a bit and then I'm gonna probably spend the rest of the night playing it. Excited to see how this unfolds.

RagnarokX

Weird, last time i tried checking if i could quick travel there,
everything was red because of what happened there...
Maybe im still missing some story bits to open it again.
You just can't warp there. You can still enter it from the entrance.

Has anybody seen this crazy glitch?
http://yfrog.com/2g71bz

I can't take more than two steps without falling through the ground. I reloaded and reset, but neither worked. I had to reboot the Wii, remove the disc, and put it back in.

Crazy...
Whoa, that's pretty cool. Did you swim afterward? I'm kind of curious if you could get anywhere...

Did you not try warping to a different landmark?

I'm playing in Dolphin so I don't know if that makes a difference, but the code I tried was broken. Adjusted the hex so it should have been 0.75, but as soon as I got experience I jumped to level 99. So... that wasn't what I wanted at all.
I'm playing the European version (but I hear the codes work regardless and here is what I used) in dolphin too (using the 3.0-578-g460610e_x64 build; still get some occasional audio glitch and one crash but otherwise fine). I edited the game config (properties>edit config) on the game and inserted these lines at the [Gecko] part
Code:
[Gecko]
$EXP *0.5
C20A2C04 00000008
48000009 3F000000
C9828198 D981FFF8
6C978000 92E1FFFC
C961FFF8 ED6B6028
7D8802A6 C18C0000
ED6B0332 FD60581E
D961FFF8 82E1FFFC
60000000 00000000
$EXP *0.75
C20A2C04 00000008
48000009 3F400000
C9828198 D981FFF8
6C978000 92E1FFFC
C961FFF8 ED6B6028
7D8802A6 C18C0000
ED6B0332 FD60581E
D961FFF8 82E1FFFC
60000000 00000000
Then ticked the code I wanted. I also enabled cheats as otherwise it does nothing.

AniHawk

60%-way-through spoilers

i can't stop listening to mechonis fields. it's so reminiscent of music from the 90s. this game has a lot of great music, but this one screams 90s rpg and i love it.

there's a lot of nostalgia in this game. i'll write up my full thoughts on that later, though, after i've beaten the game (which should be two weeks from now, being optimistic).

60%-way-through spoilers

i can't stop listening to mechonis fields. it's so reminiscent of music from the 90s. this game has a lot of great music, but this one screams 90s rpg and i love it.

there's a lot of nostalgia in this game. i'll write up my full thoughts on that later, though, after i've beaten the game (which should be two weeks from now, being optimistic).

AND ON AND ON AND ON

Man God

Non-Canon Member
60%-way-through spoilers

Funny thing you of all people should like that theme as it sounds something straight out of Metroid Prime...

Well, Metroid Prime by way of Phantasy Star Online at any rate.

Even better for nostalgia buffs there is a theme not too far removed from where you are that sounds straight out of Chrono Cross.

AniHawk

Funny thing you of all people should like that theme as it sounds something straight out of Metroid Prime...

yeah i thought so at first. it's kinda like life in the mines from dkc + metroid prime. really great.

Even better for nostalgia buffs there is a theme not too far removed from where you are that sounds straight out of Chrono Cross.

awesome

AND ON AND ON AND ON

i'm using them to build affinity between two female characters, and they're really awesome in a fight once you speed them up a fair amount. but yeah, that is kinda annoying. it's the weirdest voice in the game for me, but not exactly bad.

RagnarokX

yeah i thought so at first. it's kinda like life in the mines from dkc + metroid prime. really great.

awesome

i'm using them to build affinity between two female characters, and they're really awesome in a fight once you speed them up a fair amount. but yeah, that is kinda annoying. it's the weirdest voice in the game for me, but not exactly bad.

"Yay, Shulk! Go, you!"
is my favorite bad line.

She's really awesome, though. Buy the speed armor when you find the shop with it. Easy on the eyes and makes her really hard to hit and quicker attacking. Then use the speed aura.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For whatever reason I really like Fiora's voice, one of my favorite of all time.

I know I'm in the minority here.

Bisnic

"Yay, Shulk! Go, you!"
is my favorite bad line.

She's really awesome, though. Buy the speed armor when you find the shop with it. Easy on the eyes and makes her really hard to hit and quicker attacking. Then use the speed aura.

Speaking of the speed armor, i cant believe Monolith bothered to show her butt crack. I was laughing when i noticed it. It's hard to take any cutscenes seriously with that outfit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Speaking of the speed armor, i cant believe Monolith bothered to show her butt crack. I was laughing when i noticed it.

It's the reason for one of the ESRB descriptors.

The one reference to drinking though is one I'd take issue with. Not that it'd change the rating any but its not entirely deserved.

AniHawk

I like how we're both aware--even though we really like her voice--that it probably grated on some people's ears. I like it a lot, too.

in battle she sounds like a little boy, which is weird to me. in cutscenes it's fine because she does a decent acting job. i really like her laugh (in battle) though. she sounds more like her cutscene-self there.

OMG Aero

Every time I think Fiora has a good voice actor, I instantly remember "LET'S FIGHT ON..... AND ON..... AND ON!"
At least Reyn's after battle jokers line is funny, but that one is just plain bad.

Assuming you're at the point in the game where you have to go to
Mechonis Core by talking to Miqol, Egil's fat father inside Junks
, then the following areas are the cut off points in the game:
Prison Island, Central Factory, and Mechonis Core. So make sure that you've done the sidequests there and have obtained at least one of every collectible item from Central Factory. In addition, you won't be able to warp directly to Alcamoth. However, you can still get there by warping to Eryth Sea and using the landmark portal there to get inside the city. You'll be able to restore Alcamoth's landmark warp points later on.

That's correct. You can only change the party leader outside of battle.

thank you. i need to finish up some stuff then.

Top Bottom