• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| The Adventure Begins

Hela

Is it waggle heavy? I'm thinking of importing it, and playing in Dolphin, because it looks like my cup of tea, but I don't really want to buy a Wii for it.

-Oath

MidnightScott said:
Go ask XSEED if they give a shit. They have a good relationship with Namco...
XSEED is already set to go out with a bang, no room for ToG :p

Ill be honest, Im very saddened to hear Soraya isnt working on the game. Her touch gives all her games a special feel. Sucks that Xenoblade wont be getting some Soraya love considering it couldve been better than it already looks.

Luigiv

Hela said:
Is it waggle heavy? I'm thinking of importing it, and playing in Dolphin, because it looks like my cup of tea, but I don't really want to buy a Wii for it.
You'll still need a Wii to play it in Dolphin. Unless you have a particular, outdated type of DVD drive (known as an LG Drive, no not the brand LG), your PC won't be able to read the disc. You'll need a Wii with homebrew installed to dump an ISO onto your PC.

Hela

Luigiv said:
You'll still need a Wii to play it in Dolphin. Unless you have a particular, outdated type of DVD drive (known as an LG Drive, no not the brand LG), your PC won't be able to read the disc. You'll need a Wii with homebrew installed to dump an ISO onto your PC.
Oh, didn't know that, cheers for that.

Synless

Lafiel said:
The last thing that was by mitsuda + xeno related sucked though.:/

*referring to the xenosaga episode 1 score.
Xenosaga episode 1 had the best score out of the saga series and one of the best scores on PS2, gtfo!!!!!!

Actually Xenosaga 3 had the best score, IMO. Xenosaga 1 has most of its score being orchestrated on its side, but I felt Xenosaga 3 had better themes and an overall greater soundtrack.

Synless

brandonh83 said:
Actually Xenosaga 3 had the best score, IMO. Xenosaga 1 has most of its score being orchestrated on its side, but I felt Xenosaga 3 had better themes and an overall greater soundtrack.
I respectfully disagree, but opinions are opinions. That said, I pray this makes it to the US.

cacildo

Bebpo said:
xenoblade-01.jpg

This is going to be different than your usual |OT|
This OP will not tell you about the story of the game
You won't learn anything about the characters in the game
It will not teach you anything about the gameplay beyond that it plays sort of like FFXII

The reason is simply because going into a game by any great game creator, the less you know the more you'll enjoy the experience and be pleasantly surprised.

Well, that´s exactly what i think about it too!!!

Nowdays the internet just explode all the info on any game into your face before it´s even released. So much for surprises.

Great Op. Hope this game gets localizated soon!

PS: oh yeah, beautiful boxart!

Crazetex

This is a pretty awesome OT. I agree that a Xeno game, especially one of this caliber, is not something to take lightly.

Now I just have to steal my Wii back from my Zuma-addicted mother and I'm good to go!

Also, Xenosaga I and III both have good tracks... but XS3 has more overall. Boss themes are nice.

In terms of quality, XS3's soundtrack doesn't even touch XS1's. That said, XS1's soundtrack was used pretty sparingly. If I recall, most of the game just used ambient sound effects instead of background music.

LittleTokyo said:
In terms of quality, XS3's soundtrack doesn't even touch XS1's

Again I think the only thing that XS1's score has over it is the fact that it's orchestrated. But for me, that's not everything. I pay more mind to the thematic structure of a score and in that regard I think XS3 easily has the better music. To me XS3 has many more memorable themes and emotional pieces, and it clearly has better battle themes because XS1 only had one.

Shirokun

LittleTokyo said:
In terms of quality, XS3's soundtrack doesn't even touch XS1's. That said, XS1's soundtrack was used pretty sparingly. If I recall, most of the game just used ambient sound effects instead of background music.

This is probably why people consider XS3's soundtrack better. Having listened to both extensively, I can agree that XS1's is musically superior, but I can connect the music in XS3 much more to events in that game, making for a more moving experience.

Anyway, my preorder for Xenoblade is in. Can't wait to play this! :D

Shirokun said:
This is probably why people consider XS3's soundtrack better.

Eh my opinion isn't really based on that, I don't hold that against Mitsuda's actual work. It's very much correct, but I'm judging both scores just by the music, and not how they're actually used in the games. I don't think anyone is crazy for liking XS1's score over XS3's, it definitely has a share of extremely high-quality and very well composed music, but I just find more variety and breadth in XS3's score. I think it has better themes, easily better battle tracks, many more emotional pieces, etc. XS1 does have a few of my favorite videogame tracks ever though, such as Miracle and the piece used for the final boss is really great.

But enough about that, the point is that both were great and I'm dying to hear this OST. Soundtracks really help the wait for the game to come out.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
pleasebelocalizedpleasebelocalizedpleasebelocalizedpleasebelocalizedpleasebelocalized
My main problem with console JRPGs this gen has been the atrocious storylines, pretty much all I've been playing are DS titles. (Etrian Odyssey, SMT: Devil Surviver and TWEWY)
An actual, big-budget JRPG on Wii would be awesome.

AceBandage said:
It was revealed last E3, actually.
Did they show us anything though? I thought there was a GAF-meltdown day a few months back where the new Other M trailer, the first pics of this game and some other Wii game no-one had heard of all went up.

dsister44

B.K. said:
I wouldn't really call a trailer and some screen shots hidden away on Nintendo's press site revealed.

it wasn't done well but it was still officially announced

I can't stop watching the lastest trailer, the song is one of the best game songs i have ever heard

dili

Synless said:
Xenosaga episode 1 had the best score out of the saga series and one of the best scores on PS2, gtfo!!!!!!
I like Xenosaga 1's ost but I think it's definitely the weakest of the series. The fact that episode 1 had one battle theme between normal battles and boss battles was laziness to the max on Mitsuda's part. I was initially disappointed with Mitsuda not being apart of II and III, but looking back at it it's really one of the best things that happened to the series after seeing how much better III and even II's osts were. Tracks like Godsibb are just unrivaled by anything on the Xenosaga 1 ost.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The_Technomancer said:
Did they show us anything though? I thought there was a GAF-meltdown day a few months back where the new Other M trailer, the first pics of this game and some other Wii game no-one had heard of all went up.

You're thinking of Last Story. Xenoblade was revealed at last E3 under the name of Monado: Beginning of the World.

anaron

dili said:
I like Xenosaga 1's ost but I think it's definitely the weakest of the series. The fact that episode 1 had one battle theme between normal battles and boss battles was laziness to the max on Mitsuda's part. I was initially disappointed with Mitsuda not being apart of II and III, but looking back at it it's really one of the best things that happened to the series after seeing how much better III and even II's osts were. Tracks like Godsibb are just unrivaled by anything on the Xenosaga 1 ost.

I'm not sure how the lack of battle themes and in-game music affects the musical score that was written. (most of which was used in cutscenes)

Kajiura no doubt did some fantastic work across episodes two and three but I feel that Mitsuda's work far better suited the series and that at its peak achieved a certain level of grandeaur and complexity that Kajiura's never really touched.

To each their own I suppose.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I know its by the same creator, but its still interesting they used the same title font for this as the previous Xeno games. Why not I guess. I expect this to come out late this fall. Looking forward to it.

Diablos54

Really like the OP, nice and simple. The awesome trailer pretty much said all that needed to be said. I didn't expect the character customization to be that deep for one. And the whole relationship table looks interesting as well. (Is it just that one alone, for one for each town/area?)

wrowa

I wasn't so hyped for a jRPG since Persona 3. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Oh, and a western release would be of advantage too...

Victrix

*beard*
I have to admit, XS2 turned me off so harshly from Xeno anything, I'm lukewarm on this title. I never played Soma Bringer, so I have no exposure to anything of his other than Gears and XS1/2 (and fuck 2, entirely, I never played 3).

I'll wait for impressions, hopefully good!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've already preordered my JP copy of the game. I paid for cheap shipping, though, so I'll be starting a few days after everyone else.

Top Bottom