• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Teases 2015 Releases With New Years Image

Eusis

A translation/port of Ys V PS2 remake would be pretty cool. Definitely another long, long shot.
The longest shot (short of going for the SFC game itself.) Would Sony even OK a new PS2 game at this point? Outside of maybe a soccer title?

Reveirg

http://img.jeuxvideo.fr/photo/00220937-photo-ys-the-ark-of-napishtim.jpg

Bingo, the guy on the left matches the fourth one, it's not a sword, it's a ribbon and the other end of his weapon

Nice find.

I won't triple dip on that one, but that makes it more likely that there are actually 8 games teased here, not 4.

The longest shot (short of going for the SFC game itself.) Would Sony even OK a new PS2 game at this point? Outside of maybe a soccer title?
They wouldn't I believe. But I meant a PC or Vita port of that game.

Yasumi

Banned
Exploding fish, dachshund on stilts and smiling mouth. Those are the names of the other pictures.
Hmm...

That fish picture is hosted on actionflickchick.com. What are the two most recent articles on their homepage? Which Iconic Film Characters Should Fight Zombies and Ten Sure Signs a Character is Going to Die. Does that remind you of anything? Perhaps of a Corpse-ish Party-esque nature?

That dog seems unusually calm considering its perilous situation. What would calm a dog down? Xanax. Xanax dog. Xanadog x. Xanadoo x. I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.

A smiling mouth? This image was created using a 3D modeling program. So were the characters in Sen no Kiseki. Checkmate.

Why should I complain? :)

It's probably going to be compared with Felghana on unreasonable terms, but Napishtim revived the franchise on PC and deserves a Steam/GOG release (I wonder if XSEED's going to license the translation from Konami).

pa22word

http://img.jeuxvideo.fr/photo/00220937-photo-ys-the-ark-of-napishtim.jpg

Bingo, the guy on the left matches the fourth silhouette exactly, it's not a sword, it's a ribbon and the other end of his weapon

Yeeeeees! :D

Why should I complain? :)

It's probably going to be compared with Felghana on unreasonable terms, but Napishtim revived the franchise on PC and deserves a Steam/GOG release (I wonder if XSEED's going to license the translation from Konami).

I bet they just use the unofficial PC one like they did with origins considering one of the guys who did them works at XSEED now, or something like that.

So 2 down, 6 to go:

iMVnxoa9UWgXm.png

XP9cHR1.png

Is it 6 more? Picture 6 and 8 are too similar looking to think they are not related which makes me think pictures 2 and 4 are related to 6 and 8 as well and could be for one thing.

Well does anything in picture 6 match any art from ark of Napishtim? If not its a different game

Also very excited to hear ark is coming to steam, was worried I'd have to track down a pa2 copy of it

Eusis

They wouldn't I believe. But I meant a PC or Vita port of that game.
If the PS4/Vita installment coming up is going to be to Ys V what Felghana was to IV then that may be a better alternative anyway. Because porting the Taito PS2 game may in fact be somewhere between releasing the SFC or PS2 versions as being a long shot. Hell, it'd probably be easier to get the SFC game ported to PC.

Is it 6 more? Picture 6 and 8 are too similar looking to think they are not related which makes me think pictures 2 and 4 are related to 6 and 8 as well and could be for one thing.

2,4,6 and 8 could be the ones that were spoiled by their domain gets a few weeks ago.

No need to tease something everyone already assumes you have now!

Reveirg

If the PS4/Vita installment coming up is going to be to Ys V what Felghana was to IV then that may be a better alternative anyway. Because porting the Taito PS2 game may in fact be somewhere between releasing the SFC or PS2 versions as being a long shot. Hell, it'd probably be easier to get the SFC game ported to PC.

Falcom already said the new Ys game is not a V remake. It takes place between V and VI.

A proper V localization of either version would be nice, but at least we have the recently released fan translation now!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Btw gotta give it to Xseed that this is some great marketing getting the community all riled up and involved like this lol.

45018-Billy-Dee-Williams-clapping-gi-87wh.gif

More Ys? Awesome. I hope some of the remaining silhouettes are something really out of left field.

Not even looking at the picture, what are some titles that have a good shot? That might be the best way to tackle the harder ones.

FLD

Oh man, I'm so glad there's finally something official about them releasing Napishtim (hopefully?) on Steam. I played Origins through Celceta last year so, since Ys V never got any english release, Napishtim is the next one I need to play.

Betty Slocombe was a character in Are You Being Served. This was a David Croft sitcom. What else was a David Croft sitcom? You Rang M'Lord. Take some letters from that, and you can spell Lord ou Magnr. Lord of Magna.

HOW DEEP DOES THIS RABBIT HOLE GO TOM.

Anaconda Malt Liquor!

It's a long shot but wouldn't it be great if XSEED brought over Project Zero 2: Wii Edition to NA as an Amazon or Gamestop exclusive?

Sure. :)

1. Lord of Magna (3DS)

7. Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (PC, PS2, PSP, mobile)

Think people are calling for a Steam release of Ys.

i will finally finish ys 6, i already downloaded the PC patched version, but having it on steam will certainly motivate me to finish it! (not a bad game at all, but difficult to play it after oath and origin)

You know, I didn't know anything about XSEED until I started randomly playing Ys: The Oath in Falghana yesterday. Soooooo goooood. They're definitely on my radar now.

Top Bottom