• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Teases 2015 Releases With New Years Image

kurahador

NsM4U6y.jpg

It's Oneechanbara alright.
Hype dead. :(

18-Volt

OneChanbara? That's a little disappointing, since the series already has someone that could localize it: D3 Publisher themselves.

I expected XSEED to bring games that no one else could. Like more Marvelous games. But it's understandable, most of the best stuff are yet to come out in Japan, like IA/VT, PoPoLoCroix, Luminous Arc Inifnity and Senran Kagura Estival Versus.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I still believe those legs are from the Sen no Kiseki guy.

They are not, legs in SNK artworks are almost straight, that's not the case of the teaser image, but as i said that may not be "legs", "torso + arm" fits well too.

Hmm, torso + arm might be right. We have the left side of a head and the right side of a head. So since we have a right torso a left torso would fit with the pattern.

Or I might be reading too much into it.

So, five more games, which would presumably include Cold Steel, Blood Drive and Xanadu Next, which leaves two more unknown games.

They're almost certainly going to be already released games in Japan, rather than upcoming games such as Legend of Legacy. I'm struggling to think of likely targets unless they're releasing some other older Falcom titles.

ohlawd

What's wrong with still releasing PS3 titles? Not that I care for Onechanbara, but there's nothing wrong with releasing PS3 games still.

nothing. I own a PS3. Heck, one of my most hyped upcoming titles is a PS3 game.

I just want an excuse to actually buy a PS4

I'd be amazed if they released Cold Steel in 2015

It'd be a surprise in terms of the workload, but they registered the domain already, so I'm guessing it's one of these titles.

Which doesn't mean it will actually come out. Second Chapter was supposed to be out last summer.

Tohsaka

I actually just imported the PS4 Oneechanbara (the sequel to the game XSEED is apparently localizing). It's pretty decent, I didn't expect anymore games in the series to be localized or I would've just waited.

salromano

Wonder if we'll get a part 2 to the card, or if the non-silhouette parts were just used to fill space.

Nah. We already know of at least three things not on the card:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (PS Vita)
Trails of Cold Steel (likely Sen no Kiseki for PS3, PS Vita)
Xanadu Next (likely for PC via Steam)

Anyway, I just noticed:

Lord of Magna
???
Onechanbara
Ys

What if they listed these alphabetically? Any games we know of that start with M or N?

Nope: Corpse Party: Blood Drive.

Probably Not: Trails of Cold Steel.

Maybe: Lord of Magna, Onechanbara Z.

Yes: Ys Ark of Napishtim.

PUT IT IN MY PANTS NOW: Xanadu Next.

Tohsaka

Why not? They're just pandering to their market. Their fans seemed to love the softcore hentai games Akiba Strip and Senran Kagura, so why not release Oneechanbara?

It's just kind of odd, because D3publisher already has an American branch and localized a couple of the games in the past themselves.

Ryan95

The "revealed" silhouettes give me no interest as a Vita owner: I'd like one of the future projects to be Sen no Kiseki, I'm crossing my fingers...

Tohsaka

D3 Publisher localizes nothing but Earth Defense Force nowadays.

Yeah, that's why I imported Oneechanbara Z2: Chaos because I didn't expect them to localize anymore of the games themselves (or give them to another publisher). Did anyone check the silhouettes for Bullet Girls? That's another D3publisher game that I recently imported.

Producer

Why not? They're just pandering to their market. Their fans seemed to love the softcore hentai games Akiba Strip and Senran Kagura, so why not release Oneechanbara?

yep, Ys fans and LoH fans are the same fans who like their fanservice games.

And i can tell you didnt play Akiba's Trip

Yasumi

Banned
Nah. We already know of at least three things not on the card:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (PS Vita)
Trails of Cold Steel (likely Sen no Kiseki for PS3, PS Vita)
Xanadu Next (likely for PC via Steam)
True, I guess they'll probably just post the second half on their Facebook at some point.
Anyway, I just noticed:

Lord of Magna
???
Onechanbara
Ys

What if they listed these alphabetically? Any games we know of that start with M or N?
First one that came to mind was Moero Chronicle, but nobody wears pants in that.

Zhao_Yun

True, I guess they'll probably just post the second half on their Facebook at some point.

First one that came to mind was Moero Chronicle, but nobody wears pants in that.

I think Moero Chronicle would be Idea Factory's terrain.

Of course not. I'm never going to play it like I didn't play that Monpiece game. I have no interest in these perverted hentai games.

Monpiece was published by Idea factory and not by XSEED.

salromano

Yeah, that's why I imported Oneechanbara Z2: Chaos because I didn't expect them to localize anymore of the games themselves (or give them to another publisher). Did anyone check the silhouettes for Bullet Girls? That's another D3publisher game that I recently imported.

Just checked, doesn't seem to match.

Top Bottom