• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Teases 2015 Releases With New Years Image

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So it's the older Oneechanbara for PS3 & not Z2: Chaos which is the newest one? Well that's....weird.

I still need to try the 360 since it was on sale on Xbox Live for $3.

Nah. We already know of at least three things not on the card:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (PS Vita)
Trails of Cold Steel (likely Sen no Kiseki for PS3, PS Vita)
Xanadu Next (likely for PC via Steam)

Anyway, I just noticed:

Lord of Magna
???
Onechanbara
Ys

What if they listed these alphabetically? Any games we know of that start with M or N?

The only one I could think of that fits alphabetically is Lost Dimensions but none of the characters fit that pose, lol

NsM4U6y.jpg

It's Oneechanbara alright.
Hype dead. :(

Speak for yourself, I've been hanging on and hoping for Onechanbara Z to get localised for years now. If it didn't happen by the end of this year I was just going to import it.

luminous

Really hope one of the non-silhouette teasers turns out to be IA/VT. Kinda doubtful since the game doesn't even have a concrete JP release date yet, but still.

RyoonZ

Banned
Shit, Oneechanbara?

That means they could possibly work with D3 on Natsuiro High School at some point, fuck yeah!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't they waited until E3 last year to confirm everything?

Yeah, last year they put up the teaser but didn't announce anything from it for months. Year before that they did a teaser and announced the games fairly quickly afterward.

Oregano

Between Senran Kagura, Akiba's Trip and now Onechanbara I'm kinda surprised XSEED didn't take a chance on Stardust Amazoness.

I'm not surprised. They can barely manage one 3DS game a year.

jzbluz

Between Senran Kagura, Akiba's Trip and now Onechanbara I'm kinda surprised XSEED didn't take a chance on Stardust Amazoness.

I'm not surprised. They can barely manage one 3DS game a year.

It's a ASW game, who localizes ASW games apart from Aksys and ASW themselves?

Japan needs to make them first.

... but it seems XSEED have picked up the PS3 entry in one of the few series to already make the jump to PS4 =/

Edit: OT: Slightly disappointed by Onechanbara. I figured D3 might've picked that up themselves with PS4 doing well in the west, would rather have XSEED going after stuff that has less of a chance.

Also, the Wii version didn't keep my interest very long.

Oh well. Hoping for something on Vita for the final reveal, personally!

Reveirg

So only one more game to find? I wonder where does that leave Sen no Kiseki, Blood Drive and Xanadu Next... This teaser might not be everything planned for the year.

Reveirg

I would take Onechanbara over anything form FuRyu

They're a publisher though... The Legend of Legacy creative staff is made up of a few veteran SaGa staff, and people like Masato Kato and Masashi Hamauzu. Cattle Call is the developer (they made the pretty great Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits).

Solid pedigree, and these people had nothing to do with Lost Dimension, Exstetra, etc.

nivorae

XSEED doesn't get credit for Trails 2 until they actually prove they can release Trails 2.

You do realise the game has been delayed because
a) the release window of Summer 2014 was unrealistic from start
b) one of the lead translators slowed it down because of mental health issues
c) the dated pc builds are a b*tch to get updated, as Trails FC proved

They're a publisher though... The Legend of Legacy creative staff is made up of a few veteran SaGa staff, and people like Masato Kato and Masashi Hamauzu. Cattle Call is the developer (they made the pretty great Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits).

Solid pedigree, and these people had nothing to do with Lost Dimension, Exstetra, etc.

Who developed Exstetra, do you know? I know Lancarse did Lost Dimension.

Didn't know Cattle Call were doing Legend of Legacy. That's pretty cool.

I thought FuRyu had some internal developers at the very least.

Onechanbara is not that exciting, neither is that Magma thing. I love Ys, but I already have AoN, so that doesn't affect me much.

I hope the last game is something that appeals to me.

Reveirg

Who developed Exstetra, do you know? I know Lancarse did Lost Dimension.

Didn't know Cattle Call were doing Legend of Legacy. That's pretty cool.

I thought FuRyu had some internal developers at the very least.

I don't know if FuRyu had some of their own staff on Lost Dimension, but it doesn't seem to be the case on LoL since they have Cattle Call on-board. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in here.

To my knowledge, both Unchained Blades and Exstetra were actually developed in-house, but again, with hired help for key creative positions (art, music, scenario).

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
You do realise the game has been delayed because
a) the release window of Summer 2014 was unrealistic from start
b) one of the lead translators slowed it down because of mental health issues
c) the dated pc builds are a b*tch to get updated, as Trails FC proved

All these things right here. Things happen in development, and monster games like that aren't often attempted, especially by small companies. Better late than never.

Aren't Origins and Oath considered the best Ys games in the series? Kind of kills the hyper for mor egames in the series in the way if I've already played the best.

Also all localized Falcom games should be on PC. Even if they weren't on the PC in Japan they should still be on PC.

Oregano

I don't know if FuRyu had some of their own staff on Lost Dimension, but it doesn't seem to be the case on LoL since they have Cattle Call on-board. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in here.

To my knowledge, both Unchained Blades and Exstetra were actually developed in-house, but again, with hired help for key creative positions (art, music, scenario).

The Director is a FuRyu employee and LoL is seemingly being treated as their flagship title.

You do realise

I realize that we're still waiting on XSEED for a title announced in May 2010, yes.

Don't worry, it'll happen now that they're working on it themselves

XSEED working on it themselves is what got the game so delayed that everyone was excited about them partnering with external help in the first place!

Aren't Origins and Oath considered the best Ys games in the series?

It's not a series with a huge quality range here, the less-than-best games are still pretty good.

Takao

Banned
Since they're working with D3 on Oneechanbara, someone should probably check out Bulletgirls ...

Also all localized Falcom games should be on PC. Even if they weren't on the PC in Japan they should still be on PC.

XSEED doesn't have the capability to port games themselves.

XSEED working on it themselves is what got the game so delayed that everyone was excited about them partnering with external help in the first place!

Lord knows where you got that info from, but whatever. You seem dead set on blaming XSEED for Carpe Fulgur's blunder regardless of the facts, so I'll leave it at that. No use in arguing with a brick wall.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Aren't Origins and Oath considered the best Ys games in the series? Kind of kills the hyper for mor egames in the series in the way if I've already played the best.

Even the weaker Ys games (at least among the readily available ones) are still good games. Napishtim came before Oath and Origin and that shows in it's design, both of those definitely refine what Napishtim does. Still, it does some unique stuff of it's own (like having stockable healing items, and three different weapons which function differently similar to Yunica's two weapons).

I'd say it's most significant flaws are the incessant backtracking that was eliminated with warping in later games (I kind of hope Sara is able to implement this somehow, but I'm not counting on it at all), and the dash jump which just feels like poor design (but isn't necessary to actually beat the game).

And I think everyone involved has said Trails SC hasn't been handled well, and even though they haven't committed to further games, they have also said Trails SC shouldn't be used as a barometer for how further entries would be handled.

Slashlen

There is a PS4 version of Onechanbara, that's why some are surprised that it seems like they're going with the PS3 version instead of that one.

The post I replied to sounded more like a general comment, though if the PS4 version is just a port we might still get it like Akiba, but it sounds like they're just going with the earlier first from t26's post.

Top Bottom