• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED: Trails of Cold Steel PC Blog #2 (feat. Durante, talks PC enhancements)

He'll explain this later in more detail, but Durante's talked more about controls in the comments on the draw distance video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ze5FLQtV94 said:
The menus are only usable with the keyboard (well, you can assign mouse buttons too of course, the point is that you can't point using the cursor). There's just too many menus and too much code not at all built for pointing devices involved to change that with a viable amount of effort.

That said, I did:
- focus on the mouse camera controls, and add an option to disable camera auto-centering (since it's really annoying IMHO when using a mouse, unlike a gamepad)
- create a full keyboard/mouse button binding system which allows multiple bindings per action, so that you can have natural bindings in different phases and use cases in the game (e.g. battles and field traversal)

Eh well I guess moused menus was probably too much to ask for, but state-relevant/action-specific button bindings is good to hear. I mean, Valkyria Chronicles' keybindings essentially being mapped to Dualshock buttons rather than actions wasn't too bad, even if it made menu controls occasionally janky.

Ascheroth

Going from Trails in the Sky aka 'one-handed mouse only gaming bliss' to a controller centric control scheme is going to feel weird, lol.

Top Bottom