• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 4 Announcement Trailer + Boxart SEGA HAS LEARNED

Kagari said:
BOX ART:

Yakuza-4_2010_09-02-10_08.jpg

Sega has learned :O
Now that is a badass cover.

People will disagree but American cover>Japanese cover

Wow awesome boxart. Looks like SEGA is making up for Yakuza 3. I had imported a copy of this but decided that I'd wait to play it. Glad I did. I'm so stoked to play this come next Spring. Had a great time with every game so far, and from what I've played of 4, it's the best one yet.

Thank you for bringing this to us, SEGA!

Boxart is definitely much cooler than the Japanese one. Minimalist compared to the JPN version.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yakuza 4 Box Art is really nice.

I AM JOHN! said:
That boxart is too attractive; it's almost like Sega actually wants the game to sell more than twelve units this time.

Oh god....you don't think they're gonna start over estimating things now do you?

Boxart is very nice but I think the word Sex appears too much, unless that what the game is about? I never played number 4.

Manaka

If the word sex will help Yakuza 4 to sell like crazy- put even more of it on the cover :lol

Aside from that the boxart looks great

rvy

Banned
That's a very nice boxart, surprisingly. But they're not redeemed unless they supply a different cover for Yakuza 3 bundled with Yakuza 4. :lol

Manaka said:
If the word sex will help Yakuza 4 to sell like crazy- put even more of it on the cover :lol

Aside from that the boxart looks great

lol yea I just noticed that:

"sexy girl"
"sexy style cafe"
"sexy pub"

kiryogi

Banned
CaptYamato said:
Sega already said they won't cut anything.
I'll wait until near release for the final details on that, but it's looking like i'll double dip. Holy crap that's nice. And yes I agree with the notion that it's better than the JP boxart.

No_Style

Wow. That box art is bad ass.

But it does remind me of a boy band album cover

Also, did they improve the hostess models in RGG4? I was somewhat glad they didn't have the hostess clubs since the ones I met in those burger joints were ghastly to say the least.

:lol @ them asking for dates in random burger joints though. Couldn't they stick them in bars at least?

androvsky

CaptYamato said:
Sega already said they won't cut anything.

Except for the what they already said they'd cut. So far, only the quiz game is confirmed to be cut, but there's a lot that's up in the air still.

What frightens me is if Sega's learned something, what are the two things they forgot?

androvsky said:
Except for the what they already said they'd cut. So far, only the quiz game is confirmed to be cut, but there's a lot that's up in the air still.

What frightens me is if Sega's learned something, what are the two things they forgot?
Didn't hear about the quiz game. I guess it has to do with the amount of translation that would be needed.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
HOLY SNAP! That cover is amazing! It even looks better than the Japanese one! HOW HAS THIS HAPPEN!?!

I'm amazed! :O

CaptYamato said:
Didn't hear about the quiz game. I guess it has to do with the amount of translation that would be needed.

I believe it was quoted as the Western audience not really knowing the answers to the questions. It's a quiz that focuses heavily on the culture of Japan and the like...

kiryogi

Banned
Quiz game. no big deal. But let's talk about the real things shall we?

-Hostess clubs
-Create a hostess
-ALL sidequests
-create a fighter
-dual audio options.

That's the make or break as always.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If by dual audio you mean an English dub, I hope they don't go to the expense of that.

I'd really love them to have mahjong though, but because I'm too lazy to try to sift through Japanese menus in order to play a "real" Japanese mahjong game. :lol

kiryogi

Banned
firehawk12 said:
If by dual audio you mean an English dub, I hope they don't go to the expense of that.

I'd really love them to have mahjong though, but because I'm too lazy to try to sift through Japanese menus in order to play a "real" Japanese mahjong game. :lol

Personally I'd prefer sub only, but gotta please both sides. :lol and yeah all side games minus the quiz games.

kiryogi said:
Quiz game. no big deal. But let's talk about the real things shall we?

-Hostess clubs
-Create a hostess
-ALL sidequests
-create a fighter
-dual audio options.

That's the make or break as always.
They have create a fighter?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
kiryogi said:
Personally I'd prefer sub only, but gotta please both sides. :lol and yeah all side games minus the quiz games.

Yeah, although I think at this point anyone who would have complained is playing Mafia 2 instead or waiting for GTA5 or something.

kiryogi

Banned
CaptYamato said:
They have create a fighter?

From my jp topic

Oh man, the fuck awesome factor just went up. For you folks that didn't want to manage/train hostesses, now there's also manage/train a fighter. And for folks that did love it, it's now 2x the simulation fun! You actually get to spar with your fighter too.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sega still has a chance to fuck up the box art. We still havent seen the back or spine art.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Awesome cover but no awesome subtitle? Boo!

Will buy but let remain sealed as I carefully watch the Segac forums to see if people playing notice stuff missing like last time around.

Top Bottom