• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 6 is coming to the west

So "The Song of Life" is the firs time they've actually kept a subtitle for a western release, right?

Yep. Definitely a sign, along with 0 and Kiwami releasing, that they're a lot more confident in the series in the West. Better late than never!
Now if we could go back in time and uncensor 3

Can't WAIT

Now that (most) of the screaming is out of my system, I'm in disbelief that we are getting 3 Yakuza games within the next year. SEGA (with Sony's help) as made SUCH a turnaround regarding localization since squiring Atlus. Bravo to them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
nagoshi.jpg

I'm so happy, it seems like Yakuza 5 must have done well for them. I honestly just expected a stealth announcement of Kiwami buried in Gio's segment, but it right off the bat, Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6 confirmed for the West. Day zero for both.

cazar

Neo Member
So glad this is happening, awesome awesome games.

On a sidenote i am planning on getting the japanese version of 6, but my profiency in Japanese is basically zero, i guess completing the game would still work? And see it as a way to make me learn some japanese along the way.

DryvBy

This was the best news of the show. 3 Yakuza games to get through next year. Bring me some CE stuff, Sega!

Moze

Banned
I remember the days of clinging on to little hope of Yakuza 5 being localised by Atlus.

So good to see all these games come out. I wasn't expecting the 2 games to release within the year either. I was expecting the remake a year after Yakuza 0 and then Yakuza 6 a year after that.

Kalor

This might have been the best news to come out of the show for me. I wasn't expecting to hear anything about this until at least next year.

Tizoc

Having contemplated my plan, I've decided to go through with it.
For my Yakuza homies and for the greatness that is Nagoshi.

Literally my reaction. At first with the incredibly surprising Kiwami announcement, then the bombshell of 6.

I have been saying for a while now how there's been such great interest in the series recently. This is living proof that not only do SEGA listen, but the Yakuza fan community is one of the most loyal and best communities out there. It's my absolute favorite series, and I cannot express in words just how thrilled I am right now. The following 20 minutes of the show were kind of a blur to me. I was playing the Yakuza 6 demo as it was revealed. When Corsi came out on stage, I was expecting Persona 5 information, not this. This... this is too much.

I'm a happy person right now. :)

Top Bottom