• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 6 is coming to the west

Ok will skip all things Yakuza until 6, I want some proper next(current) gen PS4 Yakuza finally. Good that they already announced it and can't pressure me into buying the others! ;)

JP

Such good news, this was just as surprising as me seeing Persona 5 up for pre-order on the UK PlayStation Store earlier.

Heartfyre

So much Yakuza. Next dose in January, followed by a dose six months later, followed by a dose six months later. Can't describe my delight.

2017 is the year of 60FPS Yakuza.

mrmickfran

Hoping they can rerelease 2-5 in some form.

2 is too Goddamn expensive and I honestly don't feel like playing on my Ps3 anymore.

But a rerelease of 2 (hell, I'll even take digital) is top priority.

PaulLFC

Given this news I feel greedy saying this but I wish the already available PS3 games in the series would get added to PS Now - that way nearly the entire series would be available on one console.

Peroroncino

Ok will skip all things Yakuza until 6, I want some proper next(current) gen PS4 Yakuza finally. Good that they already announced it and can't pressure me into buying the others! ;)

Y0 is rockin' very good visuals (at 60 fps) already compared to the previous games, I'd still suggest picking it up.

and the official images are up
https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/805142026358378496
This just in! Just announced at #PSX16, Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6 will be coming to the West!
CyxwQkJUUAQg4UQ.jpg

CyxwQkJUQAAHUbz.jpg

convo

But prequels are always lame and I hate the 80s D:

Too late for cross gen stuff, give me a Yakuza w/o the last gen baggage.
Yakuza 0 is the most brutal of all the games since no one needs to survive.

You will miss out on the break dancing fighting style and the infinite money falling out of rich 80s japanese gangsters.

Kyrios

Man I seriously never though I'd be playing two new (at least Kiwami will be new for me) Yakuza games in one year.

2017 is going to be heaven for me

God is real and he loves us.

...now start praying for physical releases.
Oh yes, I preordered Yakuza 0 the day they opened. I'm hoping they'll take the same route as they are doing with 0, preorder for the physical and they'll only print those preorders worth, or to some extent of that anyway.

Boy, it's a great day to be alive. My birthday is in the summer so I know what I'm getting a gift. :)

Ishin instead of Kiwami would have been preferable but you can't get everything at ones or well... you do get 2/3 so that's great.

As someone who has only played like an hour of Yakuza 4 (the random fights were a big turn off) and that awful zombie game, I'm super confused where to jump in now. I was planning to get 5 when there was a sale since the demo was fun, now I see 0, 6 and Kiwami upcoming. Which is going to be the best one to get assuming I'll only have time to play one of them?

Wonko_C

Newsflash: Yakuza 6 localization cancelled because SolidusDave didn't buy 0 and Kiwami.

:p

Thank god! I thought they'd wait on Y0's sales, which could've gone either way.
I guess Y5 did well enough to give them confidence.

Terra_Ex

Excellent news, gives me plenty of time to finish 5 and 0. And the remake of 1 is coming too!? Damn, the money is standing by, Sega. Would happily rebuy the whole lot on PC too, if the day finally comes.

MechaX

To be honest, I always put off getting into the Yakuza series because I have severe OCD in terms of needing to play/watch everything in a series for total understanding and context.

But with 0 and Kiwami coming out, I can say for the first time that I am legit going to get these games and try getting into this series.

rje

I don't have much to add to the conversation but the 6 and Kiwami announcements have me so god damn excited.

Good time to be a Yakuza fan!

I'm confused: so I can just play 0, jump to 6 and be ok?
If you only have PS4 then:

Zero ---> Kiwami ---> Y6

While some games do feature an overreaching personal story with some of the characters, most of the titles in the series have self-contained plots, so you can understand the main story in each one pretty easily. That said, these games don't happen in vacuums so if you have played earlier titles you will get more enjoyment out of characters.

Just read this, you'll get answers to lots of your questions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319598

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
If you only have PS4 then:

Zero ---> Kiwami ---> Y6

While some games do feature an overreaching personal story with some of the characters, most of the titles in the series have self-contained plots, so you can understand the main story in each one pretty easily. That said, these games don't happen in vacuums so if you have played earlier titles you will get more enjoyment out of characters.

Just read this, you'll get answers to lots of your questions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319598

Thanks. I also still have my PS3, so I could play 4 as well since that's also a good starting point if that OP is correct.

Top Bottom