• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yaoi is weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I wish mpreg would GO AWAY. I get that some people like it. But a lot of people don't. Don't like kid fic in general. Warn for that shit, please!

Some of us have kids of our own, and yeah, after that, childbirth and kid raising just ain't sexy anymore.

kthx.

/fic readers rant

tumblr_mk8kaeoVXV1r4xfc2o1_1280.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not like bad art has ever stopped the yaoi fangirl crowd.

Characters can always be prettied up in fanart.

See: One Piece

I don't understand how the above is hot.

It's obviously an intentional style and not just someone doing that accidentally. I think it's all about having a big, imposing dominant partner. Hands you can get lost in. Chests that go on forever, perfect for quietly sobbing into after a rough round of buttplay.

Haly

DTL stop talking bad about JJBA.

One Piece is fair game.

I don't understand how the above is hot.

I think in that case it would have to depend on how well the action is drawn and the characters in the plot. Only time Ive ever stopped reading a yaoi manga was probably when the characters looked a bit too much like girls that it made me lose interest quickly. The occasional big hand or something wouldn't make me really think that much less of it, though of course, most series now actually have good art.

T.O.P

Banned
Mentaiko is the only decent yaoi i know and read, pretty hot stuff actually

@hard to find something SFW, so check it out by yourself :p

Haly

There's so much fanart for unreleased things these days, Swimming Anime, Dragon's Crown.

What's next?

Fanart BEFORE something is even announced?

Jex

There's so much fanart for unreleased things these days, Swimming Anime, Dragon's Crown.

What's next?

Fanart BEFORE something is even announced?

Sure, why not. You could have fan-art based on the idea that something might come out.

It kind of makes sense with regards to Dragon's Crown - the designs of those characters have been out for a long, long time but the game still isn't with us.

It fits in relatively neatly with Azuma's theory of the otaku database - if people just to separate the characters designs they enjoy from the work that they appear in it only makes sense that they can enjoy those same designs entirely devoid from any context. It's all a bit snake eating it's own tail.

redlemon

Speaking of which: Why is the art in most Yuri series so...amateurish?
...and why do most Yuri series feature flat chested girls?
HOW DOES ANYONE EVEN ENJOY THAT?!?!

Now Yaoi I can understand some of the stuff behind, but with Yuri it just turns me off...

It's probably because it such a niche genre meaning their less talent interested in it. Also there's plenty of Yuri with well endowed girls.
x38ywQe.png

Also just so people get their hopes up Yuri and Yaoi are genre's of romance. They can have sex in them but it's not a prerequisite.

survivor

Banned
Most men in yaoi have soft/feminine looks (like the ones in the OP and rest of the thread). Bara (which I think is technically a subset of yaoi?) is rugged/muscular/hairy men. Here's a visual aid:

Wiki also says that bara is created by and for gay men, while yaoi is created by and for women. I don't know how much truth there is to that statement since I don't follow any bara manga, but I do know that most yaoi manga is created by women. Or at least the ones that I read anyway.

Haly

Sherlock fans and Yaoi fans overlap each other heavily so that's hardly surprising.

sherlock__platonic_by_minyi-d423bq2.jpg

Wiki also says that bara is created by and for gay men, while yaoi is created by and for women. I don't know how much truth there is to that statement since I don't follow any bara manga, but I do know that most yaoi manga is created by women. Or at least the ones that I read anyway.

I just dont like how the characters in bara manga look, bulky, and usually the same...not what Id go for irl.

Kwixotik

Sometimes I wonder if the Internet is worth it. Sure, I get introduced to a lot of cool stuff, but then I also have to deal with the psychological trauma of knowing some really weird shit exists.

Kurita

Sherlock fans and Yaoi fans overlap each other heavily so that's hardly surprising.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/mistresspaco/yaoi/sherlock__platonic_by_minyi-d423bq2.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

Best thing about the picture is the name of the blog.

Haly

Not gay sex, the bizarre proportions being sexually stimulating to some people. I mean this is a fairly tame example. There's also that ninja turtle sex tape.

That's just Bad Art™
Best thing about the picture is the name of the blog.

Fans come up with the best portmanteaus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom