• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka-Laylee Patch Notes (a lot!) and Nintendo Switch Screen

I mean, it's not like we've particularly had much choice about that for a long time ...

Do you not go back and replay your favorite platformers from time to time? The platfomring genre isn't exactly complicated in the first place. If you ever played an N64 platformer in your life, you should be good to go.

jrcbandit

Nice, they pretty much fixed all my complaints about the game, I just hope the arcade games/Kartos really do play better. I skipped one of the world bosses because it was tied to that stuff.

Sign posts pointing to where to go for the next levels fixes one of my biggest complaints with the game.

Banjo Kazooie has a pretty straightforward hub world and it wasn't hard to find the levels by doing a little exploring of the different areas (that were segmented by Note doors).

But in Yooka Laylee the world seemed more confusing, so I didn't know what powers I needed to get where and I didn't know if an area was just a dead end or if there was some way through it to get to the next level.

WillyFive

Sign posts pointing to where to go for the next levels fixes one of my biggest complaints with the game.

Banjo Kazooie has a pretty straightforward hub world and it wasn't hard to find the levels by doing a little exploring of the different areas (that were segmented by Note doors).

But in Yooka Laylee the world seemed more confusing, so I didn't know what powers I needed to get where and I didn't know if an area was just a dead end or if there was some way through it to get to the next level.

The art design of the game world did not do a good job of guiding the player in Yooka Laylee. Shadows and light sources were placed randomly with no thought of using them as a method to show which parts of the world are meant to be explored and which parts are just props; which is a standard practice in the industry.

Jzero

xf5UVpm.jpg
HYPE
It looks just right on the Switch, glad I didn't get the Xbox version.

Teppic

These changes sounds good. I also hope that they change when you stomp on a button and a timer challenge starts. It's not fun failing early on and having to wait 30 sek for the timer to run out to start it again. You should reallly be able to stomp on the button agan to reset the timer.

Lijik

While Im waiting for the n64 filter mode to do a full replay, Ill probably go back in and collect the one Cashino Token i couldnt find and edited my save file so I could just move on with my life.

Conjo

Banned
They are really not gonna bother with Pro support, huh?

Any word on if input lag is fixed on PS4?

I'd assume these two are on Team17, as Playtonic worked/is working only on the PC and Switch versions

Are they or did they fix how enemies can still attempt to attack you during dialogue with an NPC? That's an issue that stood out to me the most when watching reviews. Everything should just freeze when you're talking to someone.

I never had this issue (PS4) maybe they fixed it in the day one patch?

Today, we are two months, yes count them, TWO MONTHS since the announcement, over a month and a half since it dropped on Steam, and the patch still hasn't released on consoles.

Meanwhile, total radio silence from Playtonic.

Just what in the holy fuck is going on!?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Today, we are two months, yes count them, TWO MONTHS since the announcement, over a month and a half since it dropped on Steam, and the patch still hasn't released on consoles.

....probably working on the patch ?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
1. You're a horrible person for bumping this with no patch info
lol jk

2. In the OT for Yooka, someone mentioned that they Tweeted them last week and asked about the patch for consoles and their response was something to the effect of it's waiting for final cert. So if that's the case, it should be anytime now.

I'm with you though....i stopped playing this months ago to wait for this patch and i'll be excited to dive back in once it's out.

Man I got excited thinking there was new news.

1. You're a horrible person for bumping this with no patch info
lol jk

2. In the OT for Yooka, someone mentioned that they Tweeted them last week and asked about the patch for consoles and their response was something to the effect of it's waiting for final cert. So if that's the case, it should be anytime now.

I'm with you though....i stopped playing this months ago to wait for this patch and i'll be excited to dive back in once it's out.

1. No you're right. I am. But I can't let just slip past by without pointing some fingers. I mean, that is some mighty catastrophic post-launch handling we got here. This patch is going to drop way too late. Most 95+% of people who had interest in this game have long moved on.

2. I'd understand the "Cert is a bitch" excuse if this was a bunch of juniors, but these are (and let me remind you, this is what most of what their Kickstarter pitch consisted of) industry veterans working on this. They have no excuse. But thanks for the (somewhat) good news, I guess?

tkscz

But the patch is done! It released over a month and a half ago on Steam! It's been done for a really long time! What's the hold up?

If it's certification like Sloppyjoe_gamer heard, then two to four months is the normal wait time. They can't just release the console patch, have to wait until they are told they are allowed to.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
1. No you're right. I am. But I can't let just slip past by without pointing some fingers. I mean, that is some mighty catastrophic post-launch handling we got here. This patch is going to drop way too late. Most 95+% of people who had interest in this game have long moved on.

2. I'd understand the "Cert is a bitch" excuse if this was a bunch of juniors, but these are (and let me remind you, this is what most of what their Kickstarter pitch consisted of) industry veterans working on this. They have no excuse. But thanks for the (somewhat) good news, I guess?

Well it's good news to me right now. I can't even get back to it right away if the patch drops soon because im already in the middle of Crash Warped (From the Nsane Trilogy), FFXII, and Zelda on Switch lol

I've really enjoyed what i've played of Yooka so far, i'm pretty far, but not far enough to say F it and just beat it without the patch, so i'm going to finish it for sure once the new patch is out.

Edit- Here's the Tweet link from the OT where Playtonic said it's waiting for final approval

https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/status/892057691618770944

Camjo-Z

Literally been a week since they said they were waiting for final console approval. But sure, "radio silence".

Literally been a week since they said they were waiting for final console approval. But sure, "radio silence".

Not in a post, in a response to someone else that I can't possibly be expected to keep track of. Why is this not an actual post? Why is this not on their website? Just terrible.

Top Bottom