• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida: I don't know why Layden wore Crash shirt; PSX focus is smaller titles

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Well they started with uncharted 4 and ff7 then said "if we are starting with this imagine what else we caught"
We got randy pitchfork begging everyone to play battleborn.
1 hour of indies which was just to much even though I did pick up nuclear throne.
Then ended on another Moba that is going to come back next year with the leader of epic begging people to play it. Announcing Jacob the badass lemur.

Fair enough.

But i think the problem is a matter of personal expectation. Maybe for you the conference was a letdown because the amount of indie games, and i give to you that battleborn and Paragon aren't getting me hyped too.

But i saw many, many cool games announced and i personally don't care if they are indie or not. And we got at least one bigger games in Ni No Kuni 2.

So when is Paris Games Week?

3BTwK.gif

Where's this from?

prwxv3

There is no way they can balance indie games and AAA games. Indie games are much cheaper then AAA games on average. And I don't want them to not show the indie games. Does it really matter that there are more indie games then AAA games if there are still a decent amount of AAA games announced for the sustem?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
So he never stated an explicit "no" or a "no comment " ?

Theresachance.gif

Tankard

Glad to know their plans for PSX. Knowing what kind of press conference they have in mind changes a bit my disappointment to this one and certainly for the next ones.

I will accept it for what it is.

Thewonandonly

Fair enough.

But i think the problem is a matter of personal expectation. Maybe for you the conference was a letdown because the amount of indie games, and i give to you that battleborn and Paragon aren't getting me hyped too.

But i saw many, many cool games announced and i personally don't care if they are indie or not. And we got at least one bigger games in Ni No Kuni 2.
Ya I can see why people would like this conference but I'm not much of a jappenese gamer so Ni no kuni did nothing for me. I was hoping for a God of war teaser and if we were lucky a remaster of demon souls so I can try it.

It would be great if there is nothing on Crash at all next year, great for the tears and meltdowns I mean, we have tons of games, but gamers have a thirst that cannot be quenched , there will always be something .

prwxv3

Ya I can see why people would like this conference but I'm not much of a jappenese gamer so Ni no kuni did nothing for me. I was hoping for a God of war teaser and if we were lucky a remaster of demon souls so I can try it.

Demons souls is a Japanese game lol.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.

That what's incredible, if we had just this 2 things you listed (and none of them are really megatons being a HD remasters and the other a teaser) i think the majority of people would say that the show was great.

ZarKryn7

Keep on pulling hashimotos and Spencers Sony. Thanks to you. I hate teasers now.

Delusional crash fans need to chill

Zip it.

I love teasers. Teasers let you know to be cautiously excited.

That teaser hit me pretty personally.
Those games mean to a lot to me. I get the fact it's not superior to mario. But that's not relevant to me. I had fun playing those games (especially CTR). I like the Looney tunes esque art style and the characters. Those games help me out through those typical growing pains phases I had.

I'd rather Sony shows, (or Activision rather), when it ready. This teaser at a PlayStation centric event smack me hard.

Drayco21

He's at it!

Tidux ‏@Tidux 36m36 minutes ago
So, The show ended kinda akward. I'm pretty sure Shu was supposed to show off fw 4.0, and a final speech from Shawn (1/2)

Tidux ‏@Tidux 35m35 minutes ago
(2/2) was gonna show some stats from sales and then end the show with introduction of Bend's new IP.

Tidux ‏@Tidux 32m32 minutes ago
I have no clue what happened to Bends new IP. Or the news of FW 4.0 (including name changes) I will try to find out

To be fair, this conference had an awful non-ending that makes me think something fell apart at the last minute. Probably not what Tidux has been saying, since consensus seems to be that he's full of shit, but something. My guess is that the big PS2 emulation trailer was supposed to be the closer, and after all the leaks on youtube and such after the Game Awards, they decided to just say screw it and posted the trailer/blog early.

Wasn't Layden with Phil Spencer a night or two before the event? Maybe it's a joke which only then two are in on.

Mean joke...

That teaser hit me pretty personally.
Those games mean to a lot to me. I get the fact it's not superior to mario. But that's not relevant to me. I had fun playing those games (especially CTR). I like the Looney tunes esque art style and the characters. Those games help me out through those typical growing pains phases I had.

I'd rather Sony shows, (or Activision rather), when it ready. This teaser at a PlayStation centric event smack me hard.

I have the same story as you, and this filled me with jitters and excitement and optimism. Different strokes I guess. Crash was one of the only things I looked forwards to some years when dealing with depression.

EDIT: Son of a bitch.. I meant to edit this into my previous post, not double post...

sora87

We need to learn from this, don't hype PSX at all. Ever. Although if there was a time and place to announce that you have a new Crash game coming, it's in front of 5 thousand of your fans compared to E3 where it's just mainly press.

Saying that, Ni No Kuni 2 definitely rivals FF7remake, Nier 2 and Shenmue 3 for me.

Head.spawn

I don't believe him.

I feel like they do these things, wait for a reaction... log onto gaf, read the reception and then make decisions based off of that.

Zemm

The pacing of the show was terrible and it was about an hour too long. They could have cut out a lot of stuff, VR, Battle borne etc.

prwxv3

The pacing of the show was terrible and it was about an hour too long. They could have cut out a lot of stuff, VR, Battle borne etc.

They have contract obligations for those bigger third party games. For VR they should have just showed the trailers for the games.

I just watched the panel and that was the most sidestepping bullshit possible, changing the subject quickly and all

It's happening (probably)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Soby pretty much knocked it out of the park on 2015 showings. Only someone who doesn't care about games would deny that.

Ganondorfo

Did people actually care for the Bandicoot games after Naughty Dog stopped making them?

I know there were a lot of non ND bandicoots released during the Ps2 era, but I never hear someone talk about them.

I believe him. I don't really like Shawn layden tbh. He gives me this, I'm a corporate dude who's only in the video game business because I needed a job, vibes.

Instro

I feel like people put to much stock in this kind of thing. It's like the whole deal with Reggie wearing video game pins. Everything couple months people swore up and down that he is hinting at a new Metroid, Earthbound, w/e.

Justified

Honestly, I still don't know the hierarchy of Sony. Like is Shuhei Layden's boss? And where does Andrew House fit in all this?

Andrew House
(President and Global CEO)

Shuhei Yoshida
(President, Worldwide Studios)

Shawn Layden
(President and CEO, SCE America)

Jim Ryan
(President and CEO, SCE Europe)

Atsushi Morita
(President and CEO, SCE Japan)

Just because he dresses well?

Because he feels fake. The crash shirt to me was try hard but everyone was gushing for it so they bought it. I was mostly Ehhh, I feel like it's nothing.

I know what you mean. I'm sure he is a nice guy but....I don't think he is suited for press conferences, at all.

He isn't terrible but Idk, his vibe in interviews just seem like super corporate rather than someone who identifies closely with video games. It feels like he knows what he's doing on the business side and has someone to prep him on the gaming side.

Top Bottom