• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi's Woolly World |OT| It's So Fluffy I'm Gonna Die!

Roo

NpjLTPl.png

tZNkKnA.png

YpH9W0A.png

uygNYyl.png

kMOVeBy.png

cmFpWMH.png

5CRIVLQ.png

Yoshis live happily in a place called Craft Island, a small island in the Handmade Ocean until the evil Kamek shows up to ruin everyone's day.
Kamek uses his magic wand to transform all Yoshis into wonder wool. Luckily, he misses two of them which will have to save all of their friends from Kamek's hands.

LtkN9fY.png

This mode will allow you to experience the game similar to tradicional Yoshi games with a nice level of challenge.

ZD11lGF.png

This is a mode where Yoshi is granted a pair of wings so he can fly around freely.
If you're having a hard time getting through a level, this mode will help you providing an easier experience.
Players can switch between Mellow and Classic Mode any time using the game's menu.
If you still have problems going trough a level even using Mellow Mode an Invincibility Egg will appear that will prevent you from taking any damage from enemies.

38JAI6q.png

In co-op mode, the players control two Yoshis, Green Yoshi and Red Yoshi.
A Yoshi is able to eat their partner and either swallow them to use them as a yarn ball or spit them out to destroy obstacles.
However, when a Yoshi eats their partner, the Yoshi getting eaten loses all of their yarn balls.
If one of the Yoshis goes too far off screen it is placed into a flying Yoshi Egg and transported to the other Yoshi.
When one of the Yoshis goes down a Warp Pipe the other one is transported with it simultaneously.
A Yoshi is able to jump onto another Yoshi and use it as a platform

yTbiwfm.png

Yoshi has the ability to transform into umbrellas, a motorbike, a giant Yoshi, a Mermaid, a mole and many, many more transformations
These transformations will keep the experience fresh and unique as they happen a few times in each world.

FIAr0D7.png

Just like many Wii U games, Yoshi's Woolly World is also compatible with amiibo figures.
Scan your amiibo figure using the NFC reader on the gamepad to unlock a costume for Yoshi based on that character's amiibo.
The game is compatible with over 40 amiibo.

* * * Click on the image below to see a gallery with all the unlocked amiibo Yoshi costumes * * *
Special Thanks to Robin64 for this.

tCUhIUj.jpg
ApUz7gC.jpg

5WNBphW.jpg
AGLHfaW.jpg

Uf67ORU.jpg
mE35xNk.jpg

RSezyG6.jpg
Ah2lUEv.jpg

G6FF0F3.png

7h4fdiU.png

NintendoWorldReport – 8.5 / 10
GameReactor – 9 / 10
VideoGamer – 6 / 10
Nintendo Life – 9 / 10
GameSpot – 6 / 10
DigitalSpy – 3 / 5
GamesRadar – 3.5 / 5
Gameblog – 8/10
Jeuxvideo.com – 14/20
Multiplayer.it – 9/10
Everyeye.it – 8.5/10
IGN Italia – 8.2
Spaziogames.it – 8/10
Fok – 9
XGN – 9
Eurogamer.it – 8/10
Eurogamer.es – reccomended
IGN – 7.4
Wiitalia.it – 8/10
Metacritic – 79

Thanks to Kuni for the Review Thread

4hKFtXj.gif

Since this game will have such a huge release window between territories some info might be missing.
Please be patient until our European friends fill the rest of the world with more info.
Will keep this thread updated as new info is available.

bounchfx

That North American release data is ridiculous.

Looking forward to reading impressions from Gaffers in Europe and Japan.

holy fuck, I open this thread thinking "I can't even find a release date on amazon for this" to then seeing its june 25, to then seeing it's not until MID OCTOBER for the USA. What the fack!? :( Not cool nintendo.

mp1990

Banned
Great OT man, its a shame that the North American release date is so far away, wish i could play this now :(
The reviews got me a bit worried for it though, even that I normally don't care for them, I expected a better score from most of the big sites. Hope to see some good impressions on this thread.

Tizoc

Guys where can I get the 3 colored Yoshi set?
I can't find them for sale anywhere :(
The amiibos are region free right?

Robin64

Finished world 1 and just loving it to bits. I haven't actually 100%ed any level yet, either, so I can tell it's going to last a while.

Because the game came when I got my ZSS amiibo, I've been mostly playing as Zero Suit Samus Yoshi.

Love the OP! Those Amiibo costumes look great, but I'll probably pass on this one or wait til I can get it for cheap after those reviews. Never been the biggest Yoshi fan.

Rich!

Because this is to make up for the fact you guys get everything else earlier.

Persona 5 is going to hurt when we get it (presumably) 6 months after the US

New Nintendo 3DS regular. Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower. Numerous free game deals on the Wii U and 3DS. SNES classic controller.

We are getting it goooood here in Europe recently after years of neglect. America is by far the most mistreated Nintendo region. And let's not even get onto the topic of the amiibo and special editions clusterfuck the Americans have to deal with.

Robin64

My scoreboard for my first playthrough of World 1.

As you can see, I missed something on every level. I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun getting everything in this one. And I will, for sure, the game plays like a dream.

MlWA77tvpXAbTo7_TX

TheJoRu

It was super easy to get a hold on a Special Edition here in Sweden. I only found one place online where it was sold out, yet pre-orders have been up for months. Ordered mine just a few days ago.

alfablac

Banned
I've been playing all those new IP's (Toad's, Yoshi's and Splatoon).
I must say. Nintendo should stay forever, really. I don't know from where they still bring so creative games. Damn.
Take my money!

Blues1990

Is there a reason why the game will be released in North America in October? It seems pretty stupid to hold it back for no reason, aside from the consoles dry spell.

Zomba13

My copy (bundle with amiibo), should arrive tomorrow along with Ganondorf, Dark Pit and Palutena amiibo.

Can't wait!

MrBadger

Hopefully picking this up friday. Really looking forward to it although I doubt I'll manage to get one of those wooly amiibos

Anbec7

So does it get harder the more you play?
is it like playing Yoshi's Island SNES again?
Is the music good?!?!
Why October!!!

El Sabroso

My scoreboard for my first playthrough of World 1.

As you can see, I missed something on every level. I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun getting everything in this one. And I will, for sure, the game plays like a dream.

MlWA77tvpXAbTo7_TX

wow 20 stamps per stage, that's a lot this game is superb

Robin64

Can't answer the first two yet, but the music so far has been outstanding. The themes that have all been in trailers and stuff are okay, but there's some stuff cropping up that isn't really out there and it's just amazing.

Hugstable

Banned
Great OT! Can't wait to hear impressions once everyone starts completing the game. So excited for when this finally hits the US, I love Yoshi :3

Amiibo is probably the reason it's been delayed in NA.

It's going to be awesome when I still can't find any of them when the game launches in October.

lol I really hope the reason they delayed the game in the US for 4 months isn't due to an amiibo.

Great OT! Can't wait to hear impressions once everyone starts completing the game. So excited for when this finally hits the US, I love Yoshi :3

lol I really hope the reason they delayed the game in the US for 4 months is due to an amiibo.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. They probably want to have a bunch of them ready to go in time for the holidays.

Top Bottom