• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"You know, Ellie, we really are The Last of Us."

Game of Thrones premier had a shoutout to this gaf meme

Anyone catch it?

Not a spoiler just a line of dialogue:
Jamie talking to Cersei says: "You know, Cersei, we are the Last of Us."

In the end of episode director's video showrunner Davis Beniot explains how he heard about how much Jamie looks like Joel from TLOU around the internet and he decided to include the line in the script.

Oh nice, that's awesome that he mentioned how it got in the script in the episode video.

It was great, everyone had fun with it when it happened in the episode thread lol :D

Anyone catch it?

In the end of episode director's video showrunner Davis Beniot explains how he heard about how much Jamie looks like Joel from TLOU around the internet and he decided to include the line in the script.

Holy fuck, really?

I knew GoT had fallen hard but this is a new low

PFD

I burst into laughter when Jaime told Cersei "We are the last of us" in the latest GoT episode.

Icyflamez96 is iconic

GoT writers are gaffers confirmed

"You know, Cortana, we really are Gears of War" - Nathan Drake, Shadow of the Colossus

offensive.jpg

PFD

http://wccftech.com/the-last-of-us-quote-game-of-thrones/

Wat

WFT do I believe now? Did she say it? Did the author get memed? Has the author memed me?

So wccftech is pretty much reporting troll posts on GAF as news

This is amazing:
Granted, you may think it was a mere coincidence. However, Game of Thrones Producer and Writer David Benioff explicitly confirmed that it was indeed a nod to the game. In particular, he noticed that fans of both the game and the show had paired Joel with Jaime Lannister's actor, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, mainly for their physical resemblance. Because of that, he decided to have Jaime quote that line.

B.O.O.M

Anyone catch it?

holy shit that was intentional? I had a good giggle when that line was said ...but never imagined it was intentional. WOW

meow

As someone who's never played the game, this whole time I thought that was a real quote. OP even edited 2 mins after to say it was made up lolololol

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
TFW Davis Beniot isn't a real person yet there are articles being written about a fake quote,
there's no you know...
sourcing a thread where the premise is fake quotes.
mj-laughing.gif

Top Bottom