• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"You know, Ellie, we really are The Last of Us."

(mat)

Wow. Thread from 2014. Didn't think it was still even bumpable. Especially with the infamous Last Of Us quote in it.

"JOHNNYBOUGHTACAAAAAR"

Would love somebody to clear up what actually happened over the last few pages.

It sounds like FantasticMrFoxDie posted a lie as a joke that everybody reading the thread understood as true. Enough people believed his post that it was actually sourced in a Forbes article.

As it escalated, FoxDie referred to the original post as being "the Last of Us", apparently a memetic way to suggest it was made up. But the post is essentially nonsensical even with the context of the thread so nobody actually knows the post is revealing. People will continue to misunderstand the post as a result.

1. Was the line in the show written as any sort of reference to the video game or the meme?

2. Has anybody creative actually acknowledged the scene except for Neil Druckmann?

3. Why did FoxDie lie to me and my son, Clovus, who now knows no trust for his fellow man?

4. What will FoxDie do to apologize to my son, Clovus, and his ne'er forementioned brother, Bertram?

Sir, your comments on spreading fake news?

I can neither confirm nor deny who really is the last of us

Would love somebody to clear up what actually happened over the last few pages.

It sounds like FantasticMrFoxDie posted a lie as a joke that everybody reading the thread understood as true. Enough people believed his post that it was actually sourced in a Forbes article.

As it escalated, FoxDie referred to the original post as being "the Last of Us", apparently a memetic way to suggest it was made up. But the post is essentially nonsensical even with the context of the thread so nobody actually knows the post is revealing. People will continue to misunderstand the post as a result.

1. Was the line in the show written as any sort of reference to the video game or the meme?

2. Has anybody creative actually acknowledged the scene except for Neil Druckmann?

3. Why did FoxDie lie to me and my son, Clovus, who now knows no trust for his fellow man?

4. What will FoxDie do to apologize to my son, Clovus, and his ne'er forementioned brother, Bertram?

You know, Clovus & Betram, I really are I'm Sorry.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
"This world is so messed up that sometimes it makes you wonder if there is any good in the world, but when I look at you NHL 2k13 I see a glimmer of what we lost" - Joe Montana

luulubuu

"Only us can save the world. Not for money, not for peace, just for revenge. We are Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" - John Goodman

You know, Clovus & Betram, I really are I'm Sorry.

Just great. Now the boys are all rowdy, hootin' and hollerin', without any regard for their mother's furniture. Clovus just pulled down the shower curtain and is using the tension rod to agitate the cat. Bertram has removed the shelves from the refrigerator and sealed himself inside. He is refusing to come out. Meanwhile, I can't find my necktie and I have a very important meeting in 20 minutes.

You've caused a lot of problems for me and my family, FoxDie. You have not heard The Last of Us.

luulubuu

yITIwyS.jpg

"Killer is Dead"
- Killer is Dead (Killer is Dead)

zeemumu

Kingdom Hearts
"Within lies the heart of all worlds: Kingdom Hearts!"

"Kingdom Hearts! Fill me with the power of darkness!"

"I know now, without a doubt, Kingdom Hearts is light!"

Kingdom Hearts II

"I was wondering who would dare interfere with my Kingdom Hearts."

"Hear me, Kingdom Hearts! It seems we must begin anew."

There are more from this game but I don't want to post them all

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

"Imbeciles... You would knowingly shackle your heart with a chain of memories born of lies?"

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

"So many are still waiting for their new beginning, their birth by sleep."

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
You know, NeoGAF, I really can't believe this thread is from 2014...

Have we really been running this joke into the ground for three years? Me and my wife still make "you know" jokes to this day. God I feel lame.

Anyway, this thread still cracks me up.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

Have we really been running this joke into the ground for three years? Me and my wife still make "you know" jokes to this day. God I feel lame.

I'm so glad this meme has proven itself to be a timeless classic. So perfectly dumb, it can't help but endure and survive.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm so glad this meme has proven itself to be a timeless classic. So perfectly dumb, it can't help but endure and survive.

I feel like it's one of the memes that isn't tasteless or obnoxious. Just dumb fun. It's definitely one of my favorites.

Icyflamez deserves a tag

Eylos

Banned
"Angeal, the crisis is in the core, its a crisis core." Zack totally fair

"What type of final fantasy do you want before you die?"
"I choose a Remastered final fantasy! Type-0!"

Top Bottom