• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your existing Xbox One and 360 games could soon work on Windows 10 - [RUMOUR]

mcrommert

Banned
Please don't post garbage from ben...all this shows is that they are finalizing the unification of the app stores. It give zero indication of playing these games on win 10 (other than win 10 on xbox one)

Please stop polygon

LewieP

I don't believe this at all. It would obviously be nice though.

It's hilarious how MS marketing says that it is trivial to port Xbox games to Windows 10, but they won't demonstrate this by porting all their first party Xbox One/360 to Windows 10.

Zedox

Please don't post garbage from ben...all this shows is that they are finalizing the unification of the app stores. It give zero indication of playing these games on win 10 (other than win 10 on xbox one)

Please stop polygon

</thread>

Ah yes, Ben Kuchera.

rTJ8jwZ.png

singhr1

Its only going to work with XB1 games built on UWA platform, like thise coming soon.

Normal games will continue to say incompatible. 360 games may come when they bring xb1 software layer over to Windows 10

_Ryo_

Doubt it. Who would buy an xbox one or the Scorpio if you could just play the same games on a 400$ budget PC?

theWB27

If this is true, they really don't want people to buy their cosole, huh?

They care about selling consoles, but they also care about getting people who don't buy the console to be in their ecosystem somehow. This would be a way.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Yo if I could play my 360 copy of NieR and Lost Odyssey on PC that'd be hot. So how's Xenia doing, development wise?

CoG

I really think this could happen and it makes sense. The Xbox One is just a PC. MS can write the APIs that transparently run Xbox One games on Windows 10. No doubt about that. 360 games are more tricky, but if they port their Xbox One BC to Windows 10 I can't see why it wouldn't work.

This is probably just a side effect of the merge, bit honestly it's just a matter of time now. Ms ia definitely doing this, they have more than hinting it, and their intentions should be clear already.

Tain

If Microsoft ported their 360 emulator to PC, whew. I can't see it happening, but boy would I love it.

Hmm...Arthur was very cryptic about MS' conference, saying that he had heard that the conference would be their most defining message for Xbox ad a platform ever, and that it would lay out their "golden brick road" for the future. This may actually be true...

LordRaptor

I would honestly not be surprised if MS have an Xbox One emulator for Windows 10 or a Win10 port of their 360 emulator.

Swass

And how would the multiplayer gold paywall work, unless they announce that is gone on Xbox also..

mcrommert

Banned
Strange timing for a bug?!

Its been ongoing for a while

I mean they might be rolling out so they can say "if you bought gears ultimate on pc or on xbox one it is now available for free as cross platform game on the other one!"

But this is a specific title thing...not whatever game ever because computers are just feelings in your heart

Top Bottom