• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your existing Xbox One and 360 games could soon work on Windows 10 - [RUMOUR]

I would honestly not be surprised if MS have an Xbox One emulator for Windows 10 or a Win10 port of their 360 emulator.

I think this plan was talked about a while back in vague terms. I guess the question is how restrictive the hardware requirements will be, assuming it happens.

And how would the multiplayer gold paywall work, unless they announce that is gone on Xbox also..

There wont be a paywall for pc players as this was announced long ago. For xbox one multiplayer maybe since there were gold fire sales everywhere last week good maybe is just free games in the future

Domstercool

To me, this just seems like an error in the store. Like it's suppose to show Xbox One/360 games that you own on your Microsoft account, and clicking download would remote download them to the Xbox One.

j-wood

If true this would be HUGE. Today I feel like playing a game on the couch, just boot up the X1. Tomorrow, I feel like playing with better GFX, I'll go to my PC. That would be amazing. Please be true.

Pachael

There wont be a paywall for pc players as this was announced long ago. For xbox one multiplayer maybe since there were gold fire sales everywhere last week good maybe is just free games in the future

Maybe X360 games will be free to play on PC but will come with the emulation e.g. fixed res, no real support for the game, whereas X1 games crossplayed with PC will have capability for paywall MP (like GFWL... again)

Whilst I don't see this as probably, I can see them trying to resurrect the GFW cause.

Even if this is not true, I think there is no doubt that Microsoft is pretty serious about unifying the PC and the Xbox platforms. The fact alone that Xbox exclusives are going to be appearing day and date on PC is pretty telling. I like what I'm seeing but I wonder how Gabe Newell feels about Microsoft's PC gaming push.

yllekz

Banned
360 = maybe. Emulation/BC might have made it to the point of viability.

One = no. MS already said that future Xbone exclusives will come to Win10, but not past ones.

Helznicht

One = no. MS already said that future Xbone exclusives will come to Win10, but not past ones.

The reason the Win10 app/game store is lackluster is because there are few decent games in it.

* This would instantly fix that to a very decent game library.
* If Scorpio is more PC-centric than Xbone, the costs for developing a game for Scorpio & Xbone are near the same as Scorpio would leverage this emulated solution for its games until Xbone dies.

And lets be frank, there is no way to converge PC & Console gaming while one has a fee based online multiplayer. Either it dies and they converge, or they never really converge.

dr_rus

360 = maybe. Emulation/BC might have made it to the point of viability.

It's much easier to make Xbox One games to work on Win10 though. And MS never really said anything about past XBO games in regards to Windows.

Cake Boss

Banned
please please please yesss.

I have a library of xbox games I need to finish playing in my backlog, since I sold the X1 I only have the PC. This would be great.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Is it almost time for Microsoft's annual "we are really going to take PC gaming seriously, FOR REAL this time!" press release/apology?

Top Bottom