• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Planned Purchases: 2022 May - December

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I always find this interesting to try and plan ahead what you're going to buy for the rest of the year, and to read what other people are putting at the top of their lists.

Really highlights how many games don't have hard release dates this year, or even the month narrowed down yet. I'll probably be getting Stray and God of War, but I didn't see any PS5 games on the list I can put a date to yet. They need to start announcing some dates. Bayonetta 3 also dateless, but I'll get it. I'll also get the Walking Dead sequel on Quest sometime in 2022, month unannounced.

• May
    • Trek to Yomi (X, GP)
    • Sniper Elite 5 (X, GP)
    • Pac Man Museum + (X, GP)
  • June - N/A
  • July
    • Live A Live (Switch)
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch)
  • August - N/A
  • September
    • Splatoon 3 (Switch)
    • Warhammer 40,000 Darktide (X, GP)
  • October
    • Scorn (X, GP)
  • November
    • Starfield (X, GP)
  • December - N/A

Waiting for reviews or price cuts:
  • Gotham Knights (X, PS5 - October)
  • Forspoken (PS5 - October)
  • Klonoa Fantasy Reverie (X, PS5, Switch - July)
  • Mario Strikers Battle League (Switch, June)

Last edited:

Inviusx

Honestly I have no idea. Probably Elden Ring in a month and I guess God of War later this year and then maybe Skate 4 if it's also confirmed for this year.

Also I'll probably pick up TLOU2 if the MP mode looks interesting (unless it's standalone).

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
June
Sonic Origins (was hoping for a retail copy)
July
Klonoa Fantasy Reverie (X)
Digimon Survive (X)

I guess I'll just wait for release dates/reveals, as there is games I am interested in, but no idea on dates etc (I'll update them if the thread is still about)

Sonic Frontiers, Hogwarts Legacy, Evil west, 40k dark tide, Gotham knights, One piece Odyssey, Soul Hackers 2, plague tale requiem, stalker 2 etc

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Definitely buying if they release: God of War, Hollow Knight Silksong, Mario & Rabbids 2
Might buy based on reception: Hogwarts Legacy, Gotham Knights, Stray, Scorn
Play on Game Pass: Starfield, Two Point Campus

stn

Not sure what's coming out for the rest of the year. I'll get Xenoblade Chronicles 3, and Gotham Knights, but not sure beyond that.

Kssio_Aug

From upcoming 2022 titles, pretty much these (although I will hardly play them all this year):

Switch
- Mario Strikers
- Zelda: BotW 2
- Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope

PlayStation
- God of War Ragnarok

Xbox
- Starfield
- Stalker 2 (doubt it will be released in 2022 though)
- Deathloop

Whatever platform
- TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
- Hogwarts Legacy

But there are tons of already released games that I am interested in playing yet. Specially Elden Ring, and many games on Switch. Also, whatever interesting that pops up on Game Pass.

Last edited:
Forspoken.
God of War Ragnarök.

Can't think of anything else that will be out this year that I care about now that BoTW2 got delayed. The second half of the year looks extremely weak as of right now.

edit: After going over the list multiple times, The Quarry, Company of Heroes 3, Hogwarts Legacy and Stray have my interest as well but I'm hopeful they'll be good more than I'm sure that they'll be, so I'll probably decide based on reviews.

Last edited:

schaft0620

Here is what I am hoping to buy over the next few months.

Anything in Game Pass, Trek to Yomi, Starfield, etc etc

This week: Steam Deck
4/29: Wii Switch Sports
Spring: Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga Physical CE
5/27: Kao the Kangaroo physical from Limited Run
6/10: Mario Strikers
Summer: TMNT Shredders Revenge
Summer: Cult of the Lamb
TBD 2022: TMNT The Cowabunga Collection
7/22: Live A Live
Late Summer: God of War: Ragnorock
10/22: Gotham Knights
Fall: PS VR2
TBD 2022: Terra Nil

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Starfield most certainly, Hogwarts maybe.

I‘m pretty burned out with Open World games and also probably won‘t be able to finish Hogwarts before Starfield releases so I maybe pass on it. Starfield is pretty much a must though.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’m just planning to get Sonic Origins and Capcom Fighting Collection this summer. Otherwise, just my backlog.

edit: Also Granblue Fantasy ReLink and COD MW2.

Last edited:

manfestival

Darktide and Homeworld 3(if it doesn't get delayed) I can see myself playing coming up at least right away. Will eventually play Ragnarok but not likely at launch.

Tg89

Of the stuff on that list XC3 and Splatoon 3 are on my radar but never decide anything before launch. Starfield I'll install on GP but with Bethesda in the last decade, who knows.

Also that list is missing tons that are still TBD anyhow.

Bartski

Gold Member
I just realized I don't have a single game preordered on the PSN... Taking time off for Ragnarok day one whenever that is, also Stray and hoping for news from Naughty Dog..
Other than that it's mostly gamepass somehow? So I'm not buying anything per se, it's all in the subscription. I hope both Scorn and Starfield are good, got the calendar marked for both. Many games with no release date yet, including many great indies like Somerville, Replaced, Planet of Lana...

Eldon Ring on PC is about the only thing Im willing to buy.
Everything else 2022 will be played on GamePass.
Ive finished the new Aloy game and Have Unplugged the PS5. 😈

reksveks

HW
Steam Deck
Play Date

SW
AI Somnium Files 2
Digimon Survive
River City Girls
A Plague Tale: Requiem (will buy)
Metal Slug Tactics
Starfield (GP)
Trek to Yomi (GP)
Loot River (GP)

There are more GP games that I will play but have filter the ones that I think i will end up buying

Reactions: Isa

ButchCat

What a shit year for me, anyone wanna buy my PS5?

work-office.gif

- God of War Ragnarok (day one)
- TMNT: Shredder's Revenge (On sale)
- TMNT: Collection (On sale)
- Castlevania collection (On sale) I missed the previous one
- Eresys (PC)

For 2023
- Dragon Dogma 2
- Silent Hills
that this is what I wish upon a star

Kerotan

If it wasn't for my backlog I'd have already bought Kena and I would probably get the new saint's row. But with the backlog in mind I'm probably only buying 2 games day 1 this year.

1. God of war 2
2. Modern warfare 2

Backlog:
1. Destiny 2 beyond light and the with queen (currently playing)
2. Warzone (I play everyday)
3. Horizon 2 (currently playing)
4. Death Stranding ps5 playthrough+ New content
5. GTA V summer update
6. Payday 2 - some dlc trophies to clear up.
7. Batman Arkham Knight (do the Riddler collectable)
8. GTA SA
9. Watch Dog's legion+ DLC
10. AC origins+ DLC

So considering what I've already bought I'm only planning 2 more purchases this year.

tav7623

Evil Dead: The Video Game (Already Pre-Ordered)
TMNT Cowabunga Collection
Sonic Origins? (Depends on if they come out with a physical version later this year)
TMNT Shredder's Revenge? (if it actually manages to come out this year)
God of War: Ragnarök? (if it actually manages to come out this year)
Bayonetta 3? (if it actually manages to come out this year)
Hogwarts Legacy? (if it actually manages to come out this year)
Gotham Knights? (if it actually manages to come out this year)
River City Girls 2? (if it actually manages to come out this year)

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Xenoblade, darktide and Starfield.

Then I'll watch for a sale for Wonderlands .

That's about it. This summer I'm planning on enjoying the nice temperature outside.

Arthimura

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Soul Hackers 2
Starfield
God of War Ragnarok

Also interested in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes and Hogwartz Legacy, but I'm going to decide my purchases throught the months as I complete the current games I bought.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
God of War 2
TMNT shredders revenge

If space Marine 2 was this year then that, but it doesn't seem likely.

I'll pay for a single month of GP to play Starfield if it doesn't slip and is a clean release, otherwise I'll wait until next near after some patches. Will probably try to just get a free trial of XBL Gold on a new account and upgrade so I can play for $1 if that is possible.

How many people who said Starfield, and plan to play on Series, are actually going to buy it vs just play on GP?

From upcoming 2022 titles, pretty much these (although I will hardly play them all this year):

Switch
- Zelda: BotW 2
Didn't they already say this was spring 2023?

Top Bottom