• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Planned Purchases: 2022 May - December

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Granblue Fantasy Relink,
teary-eyed-watery-eyes.gif

Goalus

I almost never buy games day 1, that's why this list consists of "old" games only:
  • Xbox Series X (if I can get one)
  • Ghosts'n Goblins Resurrection
  • R-Type Final 2
  • Dragon Quest 11 (if it drops below €20)
  • Xenocrisis (if its price drops)
  • Outriders incl. Worldslayer (if its price drops)
  • Turtles Cowabunga Collection (after price drop)
  • Chrono Cross (after price drop)
  • New Star Ocean game (after price drop)
  • Otogi 1 & 2 (requirement is price is lowered to €9.99)
  • Dead or Alive 1-4 (as soon as they go on sale)

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Man this year really is trash, especially if Ragnarok ends up being delayed. It looks like the only confirmed thing I have to look forward to is Starfield and I don't even know what that game really is yet, June 12th can't come soon enough.

Gandih42

Man, I need to stop on GAF and finish my Ph.d. so I can also make a list. RIP.

If I somehow find the time to get and beat Xenoblade 2, definitely Xenoblade 3.

rapid32.5

For a second year of the generation this year kinda blows.
Elden Ring has raised the bar high, I only see Star in the Field on the Horizon.

Last edited:

Rippa

MW II (‘22) PS5
God of War Ragnarök (if released in ‘22) PS5

Nothing else interests me for the rest of the year.
Maybe some bargain bin priced digital games
(Black Friday)

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
0515-BDBF-E660-44-B0-915-A-1-AAC6-EDF164-C.png
I’m hoping Eiyuden Chronicle Rising is good on May 10th. I’m not getting my hopes up, but it should set the foundation (in a way) for Eiyuden Chronicle the RPG in 2023.

My next purchases are Switch games in July. God of War. Crazy how I don’t have a lot of hype for the big AAA outside God of War at the moment. XC3 and two classic collections.

Last edited:

Killer8

As usual for every year, a ton of good stuff coming:
  • Trek to Yomi - Game Pass
  • Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course - DLC
  • Live A Live
  • Midnight Fight Express - Game Pass
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
  • Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
  • Metal Slug Tactics
  • No More Heroes 3 - getting physical release on PS5 or XSX
  • Starfield - Game Pass
  • Splatoon 3
  • Bayonetta 3
  • GrimGrimoire OnceMore - Switch release
  • System Shock Redux and System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition
  • The Callisto Protocol
  • Stray
  • Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis - mobile game remake thing
  • A Plague Tale: Requiem - Game Pass
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - probably Game Pass

I just bought a new PC so not much with regard to games I imagine. I've got some Steam credit for Uncharted though as I missed Lost Legacy on PS4. I've got a massive backlog anyway to get through on PC, Series X and Switch. It'll likely last me a lifetime.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I just bought a new PC so not much with regard to games I imagine. I've got some Steam credit for Uncharted though as I missed Lost Legacy on PS4. I've got a massive backlog anyway to get through on PC, Series X and Switch. It'll likely last me a lifetime.
Have you gamed on PC before? If not, I'm sorry, but a whole lifetime might not be enough. :lollipop_tongue:

Are you considering getting into VR too? Alyx is there waiting for you mate.

Borowski_1

I really don't know

The Quarry is the only game i want that has a release date

God of War Ragnarok, Plague Tale Requiem and Hogwarts Legacy don't have one yet

when they do, and if they release this year, they're day one buys

Have you gamed on PC before? If not, I'm sorry, but a whole lifetime might not be enough. :lollipop_tongue:

Are you considering getting into VR too? Alyx is there waiting for you mate.
Hey! Yes, I've had PCs for a while and have a massive backlog. I also had a gaming laptop which I used with VR but it wasn't great. I actually bought HL:A but never got round to finishing it. When I can get another decent headset, I'll get back on it!

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I'm going to be disgustingly broke this year

God of War Ragnarok
Tchia
Stray
The Quarry
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Valkyrie Elysium
Sword and Fairy 7
DNF Duel
Gotham Knights
Little Devil Inside

If it's coming 2022
The Last of Us remake
Final Fantasy XVI
Lost Soul Aside

Maybe
Soul Hackers 2

Rockondevil

By the time I finish Elden Ring I should be good to play Starfield and then Hogwarts Legacy.
Might throw Saints Row and Gotham Knights into the mix, but I'm not sure yet on those.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This little fucker just arrived today.

Not really something I had planned, but I think I wasn't either. :lollipop_content:

l9wjhZG.jpg
Nice. Did you buy a screen protector, a carrying case, or a grip for it? That looks brand new with that crisp, clear screen. I have a couple bags, a grip, and a screen protector for mine. It’s overdo for new peripherals. Those plastic grips for the sides make long play sessions a lot more comfortable.

I plan to purchase a cheat guide for Eldon Ring. I'm getting nowhere fast and there is only 7 months left in the year.
I figure if I play an hour a day I might be able to retrieve the runes I left in the bottom of some dungeon on the other side of the map.
WTH? I thought I got a reward for clearing out a bunch, open a chest and next thing I know I'm on the other side of the map unable to beat anything, Can't fast travel, I'm screwed.

BlueHawk357

None.
Literally no games.

I got burnt out spending £60+ on games.
I’ve only played games through Gamepass or Apple Arcade for the last few years, minus PS5 games, which I’ve decided to stop buying when they release their Gamepass too.

clarky

Gold Member
MWII on pc and erm...... not much else.

Elden Ring and GT7 are the only games ive bought this year, Game passed everything else.

looking like a dull year for me unless MS drop some bombs, which is doubtful.

Gotham Knights
Harry Potter
TMNT Shredders Revenge

with the caveat....unless they suck. TMNT I will just look at reviews and wait a month or so. Gotham Knights already spooked me with the Assassins Creed sounding leveling/loot system. Then the other week with the horrible Nightwing sliding into place animation....and Red Hoods weird ass dr. strange jumping. So i wont be surprised if at the last minute i nope out of that one.

In my head, theres just no way someone can make a great Harry Potter game. But that reveal hit damn near every right note for me.

Last edited:

NahaNago

Well I'll probably get the new xenoblade game and that is about it unless I finally am able to snag a ps5 then I'm going to buy a ton of games.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Nice. Did you buy a screen protector, a carrying case, or a grip for it? That looks brand new with that crisp, clear screen. I have a couple bags, a grip, and a screen protector for mine. It’s overdo for new peripherals. Those plastic grips for the sides make long play sessions a lot more comfortable.
Hey! Yeah, it's second hand but it looks like new! Also the guy who sold it to me included a grip case and a screen protector, but I'm not currently using them. That might change once my honeymoon phase with the OLED screen is over, but right now I don't see myself covering that beauty with anything at all.

The guy who sold it to me was very nice, he included those things for free and even a copy of Tales of Hearts R, which I'm currently looking to sell to cover some of the cost of the Vita. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

ranmafan

A lot less than in the past for me. Right now my list for the rest of the year is this:

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
Xenoblade 3
SD Gundam Battle Alliance
Trails from Zero - English Version
Kuro no Kiseki 2

Other than that I still have Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot still preordered. But who knows when Nintendo will finally decide to release it considering the situation isn’t improving in Ukraine. Outside of that, God of War 2 and Granblue Fantasy Relink if they still make it this year. And I’ll probably go back and get Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy finally. Will be interesting to see how my list changes over the next few weeks of news.

Mario Strikers: Battle League (Switch)
Saint's Row (Series X)
Pokemon Scarlet (Switch)
God of War ("if" it comes out this year, and "if" I manage to get a PS5 this year)
Hogwarts Legacy ("if" it comes out this year)
Maybe Modern Warfare 2 (Series X)

And then I'm sure there will be at least one game that gets revealed at "E3" this year that I'll end up wanting to get

hlm666

I plan to purchase a cheat guide for Eldon Ring. I'm getting nowhere fast and there is only 7 months left in the year.
I figure if I play an hour a day I might be able to retrieve the runes I left in the bottom of some dungeon on the other side of the map.
WTH? I thought I got a reward for clearing out a bunch, open a chest and next thing I know I'm on the other side of the map unable to beat anything, Can't fast travel, I'm screwed.
Have you tried looking at one of those Op in 20 minutes ER guides on youtube? They will get you a bunch of flask charges, a +9 weapon and some levels that should make finishing the game pretty possible. Also that area your in if you run out of that room you spawn in turn left and run down the rocks on that left side and keep running past the 3 miners down the corridor you should see while running down the rocks. Then drop down when you come to the platform and there is a site of grace and the exit a bit further ahead so you can leave and fast travel away.

Top Bottom