• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your thoughts on "sparkling water"?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
since I gave up sugar drinks completely years ago I was looking for a flavored replacement and I went through a lot of brands. Hint was the best I found but their bottles were too small. Hint isn’t sparkling, though I think they have a sparkling line.

I tried a bunch of brands. Perrier, Pellegrino, Poland Springs, La Croix, etc.

the best I’ve found is polar. They don’t do my favorite flavor anymore, which was Cherry Lime, but their orange is amazing and the bottles are big. So you get your money’s worth.

I go back and forth between that and regular water. But I always have a fresh supply of Polar sparklings.

I can’t drink it without essence flavor though just plain generic seltzer tastes weird... like salty.

dr_octagon

Banned
hmmmm let me think ummmm 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

it tastes like someone ate a grapefruit, farted into a bottle of water, packaged it up and sold it as grapefruit flavored water.
No Way Abandon Thread GIF

Tschumi

I was 5 years old when we moved to Europe. A tall green glass bottle, shapely, named Perrier entered my life.

13ish years later i liked it.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
It’s amazing how something so common in one country is so exotic in others.

Pretty much EVERY brand of bottled water has a carbonated option in Italy. Some even have a “slightly carbonated” variety, which tells you right away that the “regular” carbonated one is like drinking sparkling hot pepper. Anyway, it’s practically impossible to be born in Italy and not get exposed to sparkling water, and the colorful bottles/cans are completely unnecessary to sell the stuff. Living here, I never understood how Americans drink so much soda and so little water.

VN1X

Banned
I only try to drink water and regular sparlking water. So happy that I managed to kick my cola addiction that way. While I'm still struggling with trying to cut sweets entirely (chocolate, cookies, the occasional energy drink, etc) I am doing much better now than I was before. I've even taken up fasting which I'm using an app for that has proven to be fantastic, even going so far as to outline exactly what your body is doing per the hour during fasting.

And as far as alcohol goes, I've never been a heavy drinker but would have a few beers and wine every other week on fridays & saturdays. Not any more though. Just completely cut that out from my life now. Water for the win. :)

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
I can't stand sparkling water. It's less than the sum of its parts.

Give me a cold glass of water, that's it. No need to mess with perfection.

NoviDon

Is this what goes as popular now? (I know it's - hopefully - a parody).
Ok i'll explain. He is serious about the sparkling water. He boasts about his wealth and has extreme takes about how to be cool and how to get women and treat them, and people that arent weird dont take him seriously and just see him as comedy. but I think there are people that take his advice seriously. I found out about him because they were making fun of him on Your Mom's House podcast. Your Mom's House Reaction to Andrew Tate

Last edited:

Forsete

Gold Member
I make my own carbonated water (Sodastream/AGA).. Can’t live without it during the hot summer days.

Otherwise I drink Ramlösa or Loka.

KiNeMz

Banned
I drink mineral water. 75c a bottle in the supermarket. While a bottle of water same size is $2.

Cyberpunkd

Ok i'll explain. He is serious about the sparkling water. He boasts about his wealth and has extreme takes about how to be cool and how to get women and treat them, and people that arent weird dont take him seriously and just see him as comedy. but I think there are people that take his advice seriously. I found out about him because they were making fun of him on Your Mom's House podcast. Your Mom's House Reaction to Andrew Tate
Thank you for explaining, I take any Internet 'fortune' with a huge grain of salt the same way Instagram life is very often nowhere like in reality.

dr_octagon

Banned
i cut a lemon and lime. i pour still and sparkling water into separate glasses and pretend I'm at a fancy restaurant. the empty pizza boxes on the floor shatter my middle class aspirations.

happy donald trump GIF by Cappa Video Productions

Mistake

It confuses my brain, so I’m not a fan. I just drink regular tap water. I know they sell carbonators on amazon if you want to do it yourself, but they’re expensive
6858x9C.jpg

Duellist

I drink bubbly with my Canadian Whiskey. Ice, forty creek whiskey, cherry or lime bubbly and a splash or 2 of pepsi. Awesome and it really cuts down on pop especially if your having more than 1 or 2.

Mihos

Gold Member
We use a soda stream and put a few pieces of cut up berries or melon in it... Cucumber is good too.
On weekends we add some gin :messenger_beaming:

Top Bottom