• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your wife slept with over 20 guys in college, she tells you 20 years later

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's really not. i wonder, given the opportunities, would you want to have sex with 20 people?

Not really, maybe in my lifetime if anything, not in a period of 4 years.

and if a girl only slept with 9 people, i don't know how anyone could call her "the sluttiest girl i know"

Well that's the thing, she only sleep with 9 people but she fooled with a lot more than. So i'm assuming that if she sleep with 20 different people, she must had fooled with a lot more than, God knows how many men.

RoyalFool

Banned
your "moral code" is a bit skewed towards your own situation, i'd wager?

I don't follow. To be honest this is one those subjects where people will have a pretty wide spectrum of feelings - often irrational. My feeling towards sex is that it's something you want to try and save for the right person - if have sex with somebody as part of a long term relationship and then that breaks down then it's fine, but I always tried not to sleep about just for the sake of sex (I'm a bit of an old geezer by the way). Luckily my wife feels the same way and we discussed history etc before we decided to get married.. so yer, if she turned around and said in anger that she'd slept with a ton of guys I'd be pretty pissed.

No offence meant to those of you who like shagging around, if life gave me three lives I'm sure I'd have done the same in one of them.

akira28

If she said she had 20 different boyfriends, I'd be worried. But just hooking up? This is a new world. People have sex these days, instead of making up all of these fake constructs to justify it and getting frustrated, breaking down and having sex anyway.

If she had a wild few years, as long as she was safe, and as long as I'm the only one she wants then, what, can I ask could you possibly have an issue with?

Lets hear it.

bud

best answer

Though honestly I'd be far far more worried that she didn't tell me until 20 years later. Its not a big deal but if she kept that for 20 years what big things is she keeping?

if she told you that she slept with three guys in college instead of the twenty mentioned in this thread, would you still feel that way?

image.php

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Well that's the thing, she only sleep with 9 people but she fooled with a lot more than. So i'm assuming that if she sleep with 20 different people, she must had fooled with a lot more than, God knows how many men.

well that's the beautiful thing about human sexuality. some people want to have more sex, some people want to have less. doesn't change a thing.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I would definitely ask my partner how many people they slept with before I married them. Over 5? Sayonara sweetheart.

bro1

Banned
The funny part is how these metrics claim guy sleep with twice as many partners then we almost be fucking the same girl.

royalan

If she said she had 20 different boyfriends, I'd be worried. But just hooking up? This is a new world. People have sex these days, instead of making up all of these fake constructs to justify it and getting frustrated, breaking down and having sex anyway.

If she had a wild few years, as long as she was safe, and as long as I'm the only one she wants then, what, can I ask could you possibly have an issue with?

Lets hear it.

Exactly.

I find that people today aren't having that much more sex than people maybe a few generations ago. Or at least they're not more innately sexual. I just think people nowadays are less pressured to justify the sex. The girl's no longer "waiting for the callback," as it were...

akira28

I didn't take into account the 20 years thing...I think that would be interesting. I guess it depends on the marriage, if it was a romp and roaring life then it would be a drop in the bucket.

If we were just waiting to see who died first, I guess this would be another bag of salt for the fields? I guess if it's an issue, something went wrong.

I'd dump/divorce them, unless we had kids - in which case I'd probably try to get over it.

20 is a lot in a relatively short period, I wouldn't really want to be with a girl who devalues herself like that - especially when I tend not to get serious with anyone until I know it's going to be a long term relationship. I wouldn't flat out say it's wrong, it's not a crime and nobody was hurt (hopefully!) but it'd clash too much with my own moral code and you can't spend your life with somebody you feel is morally inferior to you.

How long must a woman wait to have sex before 'devaluation' no longer occurs? Through what means did you ordain this objective principle?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'll be honest in saying that I'd be taken back a little.

I wasn't someone who took sex lightly back then and just slept around, so I would expect my partner to have a similar mindset on that.

After 20 years though it's not like I'd leave over that or anything.

kswiston

I was virgin once too.

My little brother was going through this a few years ago in his late teens/early 20s. He was intimidated by sexual experience and was always bitching about it being hard to find "pure girls". Then he realized the women with 20+ previous partners were more likely to sleep with him. Now that seems to be his type.

ronito

if she told you that she slept with three guys in college instead of the twenty mentioned in this thread, would you still feel that way?
I wouldn't care if she had slept with 50 or 1 so long as she didn't feel she had to hide it from me

20 guys in 4 years is only five bros a year. Meh.

Fwiw I've only boned like 6 people total.

20 years after marriage I can't see giving a fuck. Surely those cells are long gone by now.

As long as she was safe about it, what's the big deal? It wouldn't be an issue if it were a guy who said he slept with 20 women in college.

kswiston

30 but forever 12 mentally

If you are dating women your age, and assuming most people lose their virginity at around 17 years old, that less than one person every 2 years. A girl could be serially monogamous with every relationship lasting more than a year and be over that number.

well that's the beautiful thing about human sexuality. some people want to have more sex, some people want to have less. doesn't change a thing.

I don't think wanting to have lots of sex is a problem. This future wife could had told me she had sex 1800 times in college, with 4/5/6/7 different sexual partners and I wouldn't give a single fuck. 20 different sexual partners in 4 years is a lot for me, but I understand that not everyone thinks the same.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I slept with ten times the amount of people my gf/fiance has.

I went through some tough times and used random hookups and booze to make myself feel better it sucked.

Why would I judge someone else if they did the same thing but for fun instead of self destruction? (assuming they are now clean/these sexual partners were not while cheating on someone.)

Basically grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom