• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your wife slept with over 20 guys in college, she tells you 20 years later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riposte

If over four years, that's 5 guys a year. That's not a lot for anyone without a long term boyfriend (or even with one). If it was 200, I'll probably get a little bothered, even if I know I shouldn't.

EDIT: Actually after 20 years I'm pretty sure it would have to be like 5000 guys to bother me.

royalan

You give her a high-five, congratulate a playa, and keep it moving.

It's 2013, let's get over this idea that a woman has to be virginal (until she was with you, of course), in order to be on the right side of things.

rp0zizg.jpg

Wazzim

Banned
:lol

I bet most girls that went to college slept with at least 20 guys.

I'd dump/divorce them, unless we had kids - in which case I'd probably try to get over it.

20 is a lot in a relatively short period, I wouldn't really want to be with a girl who devalues herself like that - especially when I tend not to get serious with anyone until I know it's going to be a long term relationship. I wouldn't flat out say it's wrong, it's not a crime and nobody was hurt (hopefully!) but it'd clash too much with my own moral code and you can't spend your life with somebody you feel is morally inferior to you.
Oh come on, don't use the morals excuse. Every guy would fuck 20+ girls in 4 years of college if he could.

Sobriquet

I'd dump/divorce them, unless we had kids - in which case I'd probably try to get over it.

20 is a lot in a relatively short period, I wouldn't really want to be with a girl who devalues herself like that - especially when I tend not to get serious with anyone until I know it's going to be a long term relationship. I wouldn't flat out say it's wrong, it's not a crime and nobody was hurt (hopefully!) but it'd clash too much with my own moral code and you can't spend your life with somebody you feel is morally inferior to you.

What does sex have to do with morality?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
if you do the math it ain't that crazy. like say she's there for five years. averages out to four guys a year. not TOO crazy.

your "moral code" is a bit skewed towards your own situation, i'd wager?
what would be a crazy number?

Riposte

You know what? This question is boring.

What if after 20 years, your wife revealed to you she once had sex with a dog? You can add multiple dogs if one dog isn't enough. You can also change the animal to any medium size mammal.

Who cares? I feel bad for the girls who were labeled "sluts" in high school, who probably slept with 2-3 guys at most, and they were probably their boyfriends anyway.

grumble

After twenty years, it's kind of far in the past. You know them pretty well by then and have better info to judge her by.

Personally I'd be kind of grossed out but I'd get over it pretty quickly. I mean, 20 years of marriage later!

Certinty

I would care, but I wouldn't care too much to actually do something about it I suppose.

But my fiancee has already told me how many guys she's slept with, so on that note I won't have to ever experience such thing.

Kwixotik

At the same time?

Edit: Honestly, like has already been said 5 different people per year during college isn't exactly unusual at a lot of schools

royalan

I'm always more amazed by people actually keeping a count of this sort of thing.

I mean, I suppose if I sat down and actually thought about it I could come up with a number...but who could really be bothered about that sort of thing?

Sorian

Banned
All this thread makes me think about is that I'm engaged and I feel I haven't had sex with enough people in my life
only 3 and one of them was terrible

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
who cares? women have sex, men have sex.

you two are (presumably) happily married, and that's all that matters.

20 dicks/4 years is only 5 dicks a year

that's not bad at all given the environment and age

that's true - if she's been single the whole time, she's probably going out every weekend and meeting new people. if she's only having sex with one new person every 2+ months, that's downright reasonable.

paparazzo

Not a problem. Sure, it'd make me a little uncomfortable at first but I'd let the past be the past, which no one is capable of changing. Unless she shows signs of continuing or wanting to continue that lifestyle, what's the issue? As a Christian, the bible often says not to judge others but to love thy neighbor as thyself, emphasizes forgiveness, etc., and I find this is the best philosophy to have in such cases and in everyday life. And beyond that, she chose me, so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom