• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube now disabled in Wii U 'net browser?

Medalion

Banned
They won't bother to fix it

You have a Youtube app

and if you wanted to watch youtube, watch it on your computer

This is a game system

You have a Youtube app

This is a game system

Some "smart" logic you have there.

Tell me if I want to use the internet, am I not allowed to use my phone?

I mean it is a phone after all, not a computer.

Alex

Why can't I just watch youtube videos on the gamepad? Pretty short-sighted design.

Edit: At least amazon instant video works pretty well...

Because the app isn't designed for the the system in specific, it's a generic app that was made for quick and dirty HDTV usage on anything that can run it. It's a complete piece of barely functioning shit.

You have a Youtube app

This is a game system
image.php

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Jesus christ please don't kill me for the bump but I haven't gotten a chance to try it in a couple days and i was just wondering if this was fixed yet?

amar212

Does it have to do something with recent "Youtube HTML5 trial program"?

Few days ago all Youtube videos just stopped playing on my Mac. I couldn't find a damn way to start them. Tried forums, googleing for answers, everything, nothing happened. Embed videos were working fine on the other hand.

Then I stumbled on some post somewhere where guy was explaining how Youtube is doing some insane "HTML5 trial" where everybody is participating by default from within their IP range.

I had to go to here: https://www.youtube.com/html5

..and disable the option to be "participant" in the "HTML5 trial". And everything was magically fixed.

Could that be the answer?

FSLink

Banned

Few days ago all Youtube videos just stopped playing on my Mac. I couldn't find a damn way to start them. Tried forums, googleing for answers, everything, nothing happened. Embed videos were working fine on the other hand.

Then I stumbled on some post somewhere where guy was explaining how Youtube is doing some insane "HTML5 trial" where everybody is participating by default from within their IP range.

..and disable the option to be "participant" in the "HTML5 trial". And everything was magically fixed.

So wait, enabling HTML5 manually makes HTML5 bug out in this new update on certain browsers (Wii U) possibly? I'll check it out when I get home.

Britprog

Just got to work, will try this when I get home. Was looking forward to showing my extented family the youtube web browser feature on the WiiU. And then it disappeared!!!

It was one of the most used features for me...well apart from the games ...lol

Kangi

Alas, this did not fix it for me.

b0-jpg.7826

Good news, everyone! Now that the play button is back, as a bonus, every time you start a video you'll also be notified that you can "Get the supermodel treatment from Nigel Barker!" The only down side is that this will cause your video to crash, forcing you to restart it and if you're watching it within your favorites, it may even put the audio out of synch when your video starts replaying making it necessary to start the video over a third time!

Edit: They fixed this too.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Oh no, google, you just didn't again.

SOLDIER

I wonder if this is related to the fact that I can't play YouTube videos on XBMC either?

It's been nearly two weeks and this hasn't been fixed.

Top Bottom