• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube now disabled in Wii U 'net browser?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Not again please... Is this Google or Nintendo?

It'll never be Nintendo, they link directly to their Youtube page in the NSMBU SpotPass notifications they send out, and embed Youtubes in Miiverse all the time. They definitely want these things to work together.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Quick, delete it it's hideous!!!!

Use the Wii U web browser, go to youtube.com and realise that it's the best way to watch youtube on a TV.

Edit (forgot to say on TV)

bkZc0no.jpg

Although I agree that the Wii U browser is by far the best console option.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
It's a really good way to show YT videos to other people. I wouldn't watch them on a Wii U by myself.

Yep. That's what i use it for too. Far more convenient than everyone crowding round the computer.

Anyone able to watch videos with Closed Captions?

Whenever I try in the browser, the captions wont show up on the tv, but stay on the gamepad screen(which is all black besides the text).

The Youtube app is able to show the captions on tv, but the app is so horrible, stuttering and crashing all the time.

Anyone got a solution?

bndadm

bkZc0no.jpg

Although I agree that the Wii U browser is by far the best console option.

Amen. I recently used the browser to keep up a guide for my first play through of FF 1...on PS3.

Loved it. Actually like surfing/using it more than my Kindle Fire, due to the more precise typing methods (for me).

Top Bottom