• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YTD Mainland Europe: PS5 2.45m; NSW 1.55m; X/S 0.35m

Brucey

Europeans have always had better taste.

They already do, and shamelessly treat Xbox console owners as 2nd class consumers. The best place to play their games is the PC not their own console. Which is sad.
An ad during qualifying, Sky feed for the Las Vegas Grand Prix.

Meanwhile I did see a PC Gamepass "ad" on the inner rim of a cockpit not sure which car. Edit, must be Alpine:

aw5hNJ5.jpg

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Well, at least there is something to call "a system seller". GamePass still isn't a great selling point for a console. "You want a Netflix for games? Buy our 500€ console!"

Even if the PS games are all 3P cinematic games, Sony has the best of that genre (excluding Rockstar).

Also the lower cost is pretty much negligent when considering that you are going to have the console for almost a decade.

And that's the LIE about Playstation. People act like GT7, PSVR2, Retunal, etc don't exist.

skit_data

Damn I just checked out of curiosity:

The Series S 1TB is currently sitting at the same amount of SEK I paid for my PS5 DE at launch. That is actually bizarre. But then again the DE is also 1500 SEK more currently than it was at launch. For context my current monthly income student loans) is 12000 SEK.

yurinka

I don't really understand such a big difference. Lower price on x and game pass is big plus of Xbox. So far Playstation "system sellers" have been just few third person adventure games as usual.
Well, at least there is something to call "a system seller". GamePass still isn't a great selling point for a console. "You want a Netflix for games? Buy our 500€ console!"

Even if the PS games are all 3P cinematic games, Sony has the best of that genre (excluding Rockstar).

Also the lower cost is pretty much negligent when considering that you are going to have the console for almost a decade.
Maybe people in Europe knows that this is bullshit and that PS Plus offers way more and better games (even if not day one) for a cheaper price than GP, and also know that Sony has much more great console exclusives with a bigger variety of genres and a bigger 3rd party support, being the 3P cinematic games only a small portion of them.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Xbox has never been that relevant in Europe. They peaked with 360, though still outsold by PS2 I think. And PS3 consistently outsold it too when the cheaper 40gb version came out. MS mainly did well in UK those days. Xbox One pretty much burned all their bridges.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Saw these adverts when I went to London a few months ago.

c9xN3R7.jpg
K5HM0tO.jpg
PS have Champion’s League pitch side ads, advertising during breaks and on the back boards for player/manager interviews and Xbox have Ellie Carpenter?

I’ve read for a long time that Xbox don’t know how to market in the EU. I’m now starting to think they don’t know how to market in the UK either. Who thought that has any sort of mass appeal?

Unknown?

Considering lots of EU countries are poorer, do you think going all digital will kill Xbox in those countries?

yazenov

All of them are satisfied gamers. It's why people buy consoles in the first place.

Yup, I am sure many people were satisfied with the Dreamcast. But it doesn't change the fact that it was a flop.

This is a sales thread, not how satisfied or fun you had with the console. :messenger_expressionless:

Ronin_7

Considering lots of EU countries are poorer, do you think going all digital will kill Xbox in those countries?
Those 'poorer" EU countries is where PlayStation actually has like 95% market Share.

Xbox is done and dusted.

Microsoft needs to be very agressive in places they can still get good sales like France, Germany, UK and the Nordic countries.

Woopah

I think it's a real possibility. Even on PS5 we see several games in European counties where there were more physical sales than digital ones.

Physical is very important for Europe.

Top Bottom