• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

gibration

Went to my local to buy a Secret Forces box. $100? lol Nope. I did end up buying all the singles I needed to build my Yosenju deck. Deck is cheap thanks to all the Nekroz hype.

Wichu

New CORE spoilers are hype.

Gemini versions of Summoned Skull and Red-Eyes? Black Stone of Legend with a ridiculous effect? New version of B. Skull Dragon, and a spell that lets you make it without losing card advantage? Red-Eyes was always my least favourite of the three original boss monsters, but looks like that's about to change!

Fj0823

New CORE spoilers are hype.

Gemini versions of Summoned Skull and Red-Eyes? Black Stone of Legend with a ridiculous effect? New version of B. Skull Dragon, and a spell that lets you make it without losing card advantage? Red-Eyes was always my least favourite of the three original boss monsters, but looks like that's about to change!

Purists will still play red-eyes deck without them,
Cause new cards suck! Classic FOREVAH!!
//Dueling Network

Is anyone willing to help me get back into practice. I've been out of play for a few months and I know there are probably new decks and formats I'm not familiar with?

Is anyone willing to help me get back into practice. I've been out of play for a few months and I know there are probably new decks and formats I'm not familiar with?
This is why YGOpro works better than DN. Helps properly place cards with its system. And has AI decks based on new cards to challenge yourself to learn from regarding XYZs, Tellernight, Neckroz, Noblenights, and Pendulums.

Btw I will gladly help you out on either DN or YGOpro. Just PM whenever you want help. Username is Bornsteller.

I play YGOPro, it's a great tool for getting back into the game. That and (slightly off topic)
MTG Forge
have rekindled my love of CCG's.

-------

Cyber Dragon Infinity's art looks amazing. Funny story, someone stealing my set of Ultra rare Cyber Dragon family cards was what got me to quit playing.

Quick Question:

Is there two systems now, New System with Pendulum Summoning/Old System without, in the TCG?

I haven't played in a long time and I quit right around Pendulum summoning was introduced. I'd go back casually but I'd probably avoid Pendulums altogether.

Regiruler

Quick Question:

Is there two systems now, New System with Pendulum Summoning/Old System without, in the TCG?

I haven't played in a long time and I quit right around Pendulum summoning was introduced. I'd go back casually but I'd probably avoid Pendulums altogether.

Only specific decks use them, considering you need to essentially build your deck around them.

There's very little to actually fear. Only Qliphort, D/D, Yosenju, Normal Pendulums, and Zefra really use pendulums with the latter two being moreso casual, and only qliphorts receiving significant meta attention (and yosenju don't really focus on their pendulums anyway).

Wichu

Purists will still play red-eyes deck without them,
Cause new cards suck! Classic FOREVAH!!
//Dueling Network

Original Red-Eyes and Summoned Skull are still needed in a Red-Eyes deck, as Red-Eyes Fusion can't fuse the Gemini versions from the hand/deck. They're still worth playing as they're easy to summon with Black Stone of Legend, and work just fine with Dragon's Mirror.

Fj0823

Original Red-Eyes and Summoned Skull are still needed in a Red-Eyes deck, as Red-Eyes Fusion can't fuse the Gemini versions from the hand/deck. They're still worth playing as they're easy to summon with Black Stone of Legend, and work just fine with Dragon's Mirror.

I never said classic red eyes is not needed, Im saying a lot of nostalgic fans refuse to have a playable deck, just because it includes adapting to the new mechanics.

I know some guys that refuse to run maiden on blue-eyes because she´s a tuner, and synchro ruined yugioh.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
I've recently got back into yugioh, can anyone recommend me a good structure deck to buy? I'm currently running a blue eye deck

Wichu

I've recently got back into yugioh, can anyone recommend me a good structure deck to buy? I'm currently running a blue eye deck

The HERO's Strike deck is actually pretty good - three of those + some extra Masked HERO fusions will get you a competitive deck.

The Saga of Blue-Eyes White Dragon has a bunch of support cards for Blue-Eyes, but it's harder to find as it's a bit older and even with the support a Blue-Eyes deck will still be weaker than a HERO deck.

Zombine

Banned
So now that I'm older I'm more in a position to just buy hobby boxes outright, and my question is if it's still the desired route to getting the cards you want? I remember that back in the day you were guaranteed the secret rare from the box, and everything else was just gravy.

Also, are any of the Shonen Jump cards worthwhile? I have every single one of them from the past 3 years.

The Artwork for Ebon Illusion Magician is badass.

So now that I'm older I'm more in a position to just buy hobby boxes outright, and my question is if it's still the desired route to getting the cards you want? I remember that back in the day you were guaranteed the secret rare from the box, and everything else was just gravy.

Also, are any of the Shonen Jump cards worthwhile? I have every single one of them from the past 3 years.
yes and yes :)

gibration

Decided to build Cyber Dragons as Cyber Dragon Infinity got me hyped

Bought 3 revolution decks, now what? :D

Now we wait what feels like an eternity for Konami to release OCG WPs here in TCG.

New Infernoid cards got me to build an Infernoid deck. It'll be a good while til we get those here too but I'm hyped!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The one good thing about Brio being impossible to pull is that it makes pretty much every other card in the set tank in the secondary market, which is great with a pack like The Secret Forces that had good reprints. Got playsets of Dweller, Armageddon Knight, and Cardcar D for cheap cheap cheap.

Also makes the other two archetypes in the set super budget.

I bought myself a Super Starter V Powerbox 1st edition. I want to buy the elemental hero structure deck, or maybe something else. I probably won't be dueling anybody in RL for a few months though.

esai

I'm in the process of finishing my masked hero deck and rebuilding a chaos dragon deck. Need dante to drop in price. I'm glad vanity's emptiness got that reprint. Gonna try and make sure stellar deck soon after.

gibration

I'm in the process of finishing my masked hero deck and rebuilding a chaos dragon deck. Need dante to drop in price. I'm glad vanity's emptiness got that reprint. Gonna try and make sure stellar deck soon after.

Bought a Dante the other day. No regrets! :p

rzHhxHP.jpg
101 reprint is nice. Crush Card Virus also getting the OCG errata text.

Croll

Neo Member
I guess that means we can expect some kind of "Clear Eyes Synchro Dragon" down the line. Also, I guess Odd eyes rebellion dragon can't be pendulum summoned what with having ranks and all. Does that make him the first pendulum monster that can't be pendulum summoned?

Big One

Banned
Might be one of those situations where it's anime exclusive. But I dunno, I could see it being released. Though it does raise the question on whether it can be summoned back to the field as a Xyz monster if it's sent to the Extra Deck face-up.

Regiruler

905: Clash of Rebellions
Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon

Hm...
Might be one of those situations where it's anime exclusive. But I dunno, I could see it being released. Though it does raise the question on whether it can be summoned back to the field as a Xyz monster if it's sent to the Extra Deck face-up.

It doesn't have a level, so unless they change the pendulum mechanic, no.
Better question: can it be summoned from the extra deck as normal when face-up?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Eternal_Soul

Decided to make a DM deck with this card and Ebon Magician and Gagaga stuff. Kinda fun when you get your shit off but it bricks too often and most of the time it's better to go into Dracossack or Big Eye. Also Eternal Soul has the stupid terrible draw back of blowing up my field, basically turning every MST my opponent has into a Quick Play Raigeki.

I hope there's some better DM support cards coming soon with the Anniversary and all but I think this card and Dark Renewal might be it.

Fj0823

905: Clash of Rebellions
Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon

Hm...

It doesn't have a level, so unless they change the pendulum mechanic, no.
Better question: can it be summoned from the extra deck as normal when face-up?

It has been revealed to have a "If you are able to pendulum summon level 7 monster, you can pendulum summon this face up card from the extra deck"

Sandfox

Wait did they actually preemptively kill a really stupid deck?
They want to make more rank 7 and dragon stuff so it makes sense.
If only TCG And OCG had the same banlist like old days. :(

At most we'll see all of the top decks besides Nekroz getting hit with them only losing some indirect search cards and some errata'd cards coming off the list. Hopefully some other decks get a small boost in power and they don't decide to hit the cards people side against Nekroz.

Regiruler

It has been revealed to have a "If you are able to pendulum summon level 7 monster, you can pendulum summon this face up card from the extra deck"
It was unecessary but whatever. That should have been pendulum xyz's drawback.

I'm just for the three pages of rulings for a one card new game mechanic.

Wichu

So Konami's starting up the equivalent of Magic's Pro Tour. Except the prizes are godawful.

More importantly, the Dragons of Legend followup is confirmed for July. We already have Hermos and Critias's effects - hopefully their fusions are as cool as Timaeus's.

Also 5 new cards in Duelist Pack: Battle City. Dark Magician support hype?

Regiruler

If they're consistent with the pins and are good quality they could be a nice collector's item.

I'm thinking too much like the disney pins though.

Sandfox

So Konami's starting up the equivalent of Magic's Pro Tour. Except the prizes are godawful.

More importantly, the Dragons of Legend followup is confirmed for July. We already have Hermos and Critias's effects - hopefully their fusions are as cool as Timaeus's.

Also 5 new cards in Duelist Pack: Battle City. Dark Magician support hype?

That's a major Yugioh tournament for you.

TCG Ban list

Forbidden
Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos (was Limited)
Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders (was Limited)
Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms (was Limited)
Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls (was Limited)
Snatch Steal (was Limited)

Newly Limited
Sinister Serpent (was Forbidden)
Tour Guide from the Underworld (was Unlimited)
Dragon Ravine (was Forbidden)
Preparation of Rites (was Unlimited)
Saqlifice (was Unlimited)
Symbol of Heritage (was Unlimited)
Temple of the Kings (was Forbidden)
Crush Card Virus (was Forbidden)
Exchange of the Spirit (was Forbidden)
Ring of Destruction (was Forbidden)
Skill Drain (was Unlimited)
Vanity’s Emptiness (was Unlimited)

Top Bottom