• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Wiseblade

The card is essentially an uncounterable Cold Wave, without the restrictions on when it can be used. Being a quick play is just the icing on the cake.

Skittles

It just says battle phase

But it's just the rest of the turn, unlike cold wave
Nah, says at the start. Which is a very minor restriction.
1073135.jpg

Def going to be a main deck card in a lot of decks and a very good side in others.
edit: Actually after reading the card, can you actually drop it at any point? but its effect only activates at the start of the battle phase?

Wiseblade

Hmm, I didn't notice the Battle phase restriction. It's still really powerful even with that.

It's vague enough to work either way, but there's no reason to use it before the battle phase as you're just giving the opponent advance warning to use anything chainable at the end of Main Phase 1.

Regiruler

It still doesn't help you against summon responses in main 1, which is where a lot of things can go horribly, horribly wrong.

You have to eat your battle phase if you want a main phase 2 of wombo combo.

Regiruler

Idk I'd much rather plop down a Denko. Which I think is a lot stupider than this card

1. You need to not play any backrow. You can still play backrow and use arrows.
2. Not every deck can waste their normal summon.
3. Denko has outs in veiler and warning (and chaos trap hole). Due to it's nature, arrows doesn't have an out.
4. Arrows applies to s/t effects as well, which has various implications (breakthrough-like effects or floodgates that have a trigger component)

Fj0823

Winged Dragon of Ra-Sphere mode is such a stupid idea for an anime card, I love it.

I'd like them to go full crazy with some other series´s BS like the Timelords or the Rank 13 super Xyz

Quick question, any way I can play but on a Mac? Google isn't giving me solid answers. Any kind of game is fine I'm not too familiar with the new rules but i give it a shot

Fj0823

Quick question, any way I can play but on a Mac? Google isn't giving me solid answers. Any kind of game is fine I'm not too familiar with the new rules but i give it a shot
Free options:

Either Dueling Network (Browser Game, Completely Manual, Just host a game asking for help with the new stuff, some people there are really helpful, beware the troll though)

Or YGOPro. (Fully automated, has a MacVersion)

If you're going for Pro I´d reccomend to read a bit about the new mechanics, since the simulator doesn't have any kind of tutorial.

Here, have a look:

Contact Fusion Summon

Synchro Summon

Xyz Summon (Pronounced Ik-Seez Summon)

Pendulum Summon

If you need any tip or further explanation, we're here for you :D

Skittles

So with Konami's new statement about the banlist updates; it gives foundation to the rumor that cards in the battle city pack will be banned or limited in the new list (probably anti magic and multiple destruction) and they're waiting to release the banlist so the packs actually sell

Regiruler

So with Konami's new statement about the banlist updates; it gives foundation to the rumor that cards in the battle city pack will be banned or limited in the new list (probably anti magic and multiple destruction) and they're waiting to release the banlist so the packs actually sell
The set is delayed in europe by a huge gap, making it illegal in worlds anyway.

That gives a really big hole im the theory.

Wiseblade

Where can I read this statement?

Wiseblade

Yep, a statement like that would definitely garner that level of cynicism. I feel like this is going to be good for keeping card prices low, nobody is going to drop duality numbers on a card that might be banned at any moment.

The downside is that picking a deck to build becomes more difficult for the same reason.

So was there ever any more news about when the ps4 game is coming? It was supposed to be this Summer (and according to the press release, early summer, yet we still have no date or new info as far as I know)

So was there ever any more news about when the ps4 game is coming? It was supposed to be this Summer (and according to the press release, early summer, yet we still have no date or new info as far as I know)
There was a live stream last week iirc.
Card pool goes up to The Secret Forces. Hosts kept saying "soon" when asked about the release date. No platinum.
Movie thread?
Takao says he's working on one.

Edit: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1078525

Wiseblade

Can anyone actually read those cards? I'm trying to think about how a OZ deck would work. A "yellow brick road" field spell that searches, a Dorothy boss monster that gains effects when other OZ monsters are on the field?

Wichu

Kozmotown
Field Spell
Once per turn: You can target 1 of your banished "Kozmo" monsters; return it to the hand, and if you do, lose LP equal to its original Level x 300. Once per turn: You can reveal any number of "Kozmo" monsters in your hand and shuffle them into the Deck, then draw cards equal to the number of cards you shuffled into the Deck. If this card in a Field Zone is destroyed by a card effect, you can add 1 "Kozmo" card from your Deck to your hand.

Kozmo Goodwitch
Level 4 / LIGHT / Psychic
During either player's turn: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher "Kozmo" monster from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Kozmo Goodwitch" once per turn. Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP, then target one face-up monster your opponent controls; change it to face-down Defense Position.
ATK 1800 / DEF 1000

been a while and felt like firing up that devpro, made one of those magician/odd eyes decks.

lol wtf this is OP as hell, the OTK's are ridiculous, if I go first 9/10 times I'm winning on the next turn, backrow aint shit with denko.

Regiruler

been a while and felt like firing up that devpro, made one of those magician/odd eyes decks.

lol wtf this is OP as hell, the OTK's are ridiculous, if I go first 9/10 times I'm winning on the next turn, backrow aint shit with denko.
A reminder that devpro players are typically worse than most other sites or sims.

Damn people mad salty they didn't drop a bomb on the meta. I actually pretty happy. Glad dragoons back at 2.

Djinn needed the ban, but I'm wondering if the 1 Shurit was too harsh.

Wichu

Good. Fuck Djinn and single-handedly beating my token deck. Even though I've never played it against Nekroz and would probably lose anyway (...or would I?)

I don't own a Chain either, so I don't really care that it's banned :p

LaNaranja

Free options:

Either Dueling Network (Browser Game, Completely Manual, Just host a game asking for help with the new stuff, some people there are really helpful, beware the troll though)

This is great. I played a few matches and the people are pretty friendly. I was lost at first though and when I accidentally drew an extra card because I was poking at everything to see what was what he threatened to snitch to the admins. After explaining I had no idea what I was doing though he was nice enough to walk me through how everything worked. Every other match I had was similarly filled with nice people.

Fj0823

This is great. I played a few matches and the people are pretty friendly. I was lost at first though and when I accidentally drew an extra card because I was poking at everything to see what was what he threatened to snitch to the admins. After explaining I had no idea what I was doing though he was nice enough to walk me through how everything worked. Every other match I had was similarly filled with nice people.

Good to see you're having a good time.

Feel free to add me as a friend in the site. It's the same username I use here.

I can help you with anything game related :)

Any idea when Crunchyroll is gonna update with more episodes of the original series?

Also is anyone else getting Legacy of the Duelist on PS4? I have one friend that's getting it and another that will get it when he gets a PS4, I just want to have a couple people to play with beyond random matches.

Regiruler

Damn Djinn gets forbidden before I even had a chance to use these new rituals. No one gave two shits about it when I was using it in my other ritual decks. Trishula coming back and Glow-Up Bulb is unlimited. What kind of shit?
Bulb can only be used once per duel, so it only really matters if it's banned or not.

Regardless, it's still a stupid card.

Any idea when Crunchyroll is gonna update with more episodes of the original series?

Also is anyone else getting Legacy of the Duelist on PS4? I have one friend that's getting it and another that will get it when he gets a PS4, I just want to have a couple people to play with beyond random matches.

I plan on it, still waiting for an actual release date though

Fj0823

So is the 5Ds anime worth watching at all? I'm just askin cause it's on Crunchyroll.

For a long time it was my favorite YGO anime. Then Arc-V happened.

5D's first two season are just fantastic. The third and last one leaves a lot to be desired and all characters not named Yusei get a major shaft (Specially Aki, the female lead)

However, it's not a bad conclusion and it doesn't ruin how good the first two season are.

Pros:The duels are exciting, Aki in the first 2 season was the best female lead the series had at that point (Before Yuzu took the crown). the villains are all great. All 3 YGO protagonists fight together as the 3D movie is part of the canon of 5D's

Cons: Yusei can be a giant Mary Sue. Weak third season.

Also, watch in japanese, unless you want endless puns and censored boobages....and also the complete cut of the last 20 episodes which are replaced by
the villain's place being photoshopped into a fading effect, yay we won!. The END.

For a long time it was my favorite YGO anime. Then Arc-V happened.

5D's first two season are just fantastic. The third and last one leaves a lot to be desired and all characters not named Yusei get a major shaft (Specially Aki, the female lead)

However, it's not a bad conclusion and it doesn't ruin how good the first two season are.

Pros:The duels are exciting, Aki in the first 2 season was the best female lead the series had at that point (Before Yuzu took the crown). the villains are all great. All 3 YGO protagonists fight together as the 3D movie is part of the canon of 5D's

Cons: Yusei can be a giant Mary Sue. Weak third season.

Also, watch in japanese, unless you want endless puns and censored boobages....and also the complete cut of the last 20 episodes which are replaced by
the villain's place being photoshopped into a fading effect, yay we won!. The END.

It's on Crunchyroll, so I assume it's in Japanese. Is Arc-V really that good?

Top Bottom