• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Sayah

Ritual Beast are the best at banishing yo

Another archtype I have to try.

Still maybe try out masked heroes for a bit since you like banishing cards that can be done with darklaw.Fusion gate with elemental shining gaining attack points for banished cards you own.

I'll try to make it.

If only Lose 1 Turn was in this game, I would be using a Monarch deck more heavily right now.

Fj0823

But then you're playing Yugioh Solitaire.

Not even as bad as Exodia, that can easily be YGO Solitaire Edition

Yugi stacked his deck.'heart of the cards' my arse.
Played everyone like a damn fiddle.

At least he didn't turn Super Saiyan and created his next card with his imagination. Can you imagine something as stupid as tha-
5B6.jpg
...jesus christ fuck ZEXAL

At least he didn't turn Super Saiyan and created his next card with his imagination. Can you imagine something as stupid as tha-
...jesus christ fuck ZEXAL
Didn't Jaden/Judai get a card that (GX Spoilers)
literally became whatever he needed it to be up to three times?
Or is my memory whack?

EDIT: (More GX spoilers)
Yeah, "Sabatiel - The Philosopher's Stone". It became any card in his deck that he needed up to three times, then turned into an equip card that multiplied the attack of one his monsters by the number of monsters on the field. Sheesh.

Sayah

Yeah, I hate how anime characters are included in the card game (e.g. Yu-Jo Friendship/Unity). "You must accept opponent handshake." Lol, who even thought of that.

Then, I open a Kaiba booster pack and unlock Kaibaman. My first thought was "Really?" So corny.

Yeah, I hate how anime characters are included in the card game (e.g. Yu-Jo Friendship/Unity). "You must accept opponent handshake." Lol, who even thought of that.

Then, I open a Kaiba booster pack and unlock Kaibaman. My first thought was "Really?" So corny.

Kaibaman makes perfect sense from an in universe perspective though. Kaiba has such a big ego, and runs a company making these cards. Of fucking course he'd make himself into one

Sayah

Kaibaman makes perfect sense from an in universe perspective though. Kaiba has such a big ego, and runs a company making these cards. Of fucking course he'd make himself into one

Well, from the anime universe perspective, sure, but in terms of reality, not really.

Fj0823

Not to mention nobody uses Kaibaman now that we have Maiden with Eyes of Blue

To me, the biggest offender would be Number 0: Utopia Zexal, really? Yuma: The Card?

The character Token cards are really Cool though.

Sayah

LOL

This guy online had Obelisk and Mound of the Bound Creator on the field. When I thought it was all over, I draw a The Monarchs Stormforth card and tribute his Obelisk to summon Tethys, Goddess of Light. lmao.

Took a chance. Didn't even know if it would work or not.
Now I have three The Monarchs Stormforth in my deck. It would probably also work against apopqlip towers if it worked in this scenario.

Have to test this with soul exchange as well.

Edit: Soul Exchange targets the monster. The Monarchs Stormforth does not. So I guess Soul Exchange wouldn't have worked in the same scenario.

LOL

This guy online had Obelisk and Mound of the Bound Creator on the field. When I thought it was all over, I draw a The Monarchs Stormforth card and tribute his Obelisk to summon Tethys, Goddess of Light. lmao.

Took a chance. Didn't even know if it would work or not.
Now I have three The Monarchs Stormforth in my deck. It would probably also work against apopqlip towers if it worked in this scenario.

Have to test this with soul exchange as well.

Edit: Soul Exchange targets the monster. The Monarchs Stormforth does not. So I guess Soul Exchange wouldn't have worked in the same scenario.

Would Monarchs Stormforth work with Toon Monsters? Their summoning for level5 and up obviously requires a tribute but they're also technically not Tribute Summons (they count as special summons).

Unai

So, I'm downloading this game right now on my PS4. I was a huge yugioh fan back on the early days and I even have the physical manga. Also I've played the gameboy advance games and the real card game a lot back there, but I didn't keep up with the series after they change the characters.

Anything I need to know before playing this?

Unai

Read the op for an explanation on the post fusion summoning types that were added after og yugioh.

Wow, OP anwered my question, thanks! I'm at 70% of the download. Super excited to start playing this again.

This, get up to date or get rekt :p

Also 5D's and ARC-V are superior to the original series IMHO.

ARC-V was just brutal last week

Really? Well, I guess it's time to what them!

Fj0823

Wow, OP anwered my question, thanks! I'm at 70% of the download. Super excited to start playing this again.

Really? Well, I guess it's time to what them!

Make sure to join our next tournament!! It´ll be a "Character inspired" tournament with yours truly as the referee!,

if AaronRules and Skullhydra are unavailable, I´ll organize it myself later this mont

And regarding the series, yes, several posters here have really enjoyed them

Just avoid GX and ZEXAL like the plague and you're set.

Unai

I've just beat Kaiba by summoning exodia. That was awesome!

Make sure to join our next tournament!! It´ll be a "Character inspired" tournament with yours truly as the referee!,

if AaronRules and Skullhydra are unavailable, I´ll organize it myself later this mont

And regarding the series, yes, several posters here have really enjoyed them

Just avoid GX and ZEXAL like the plague and you're set.

I will do!

By the way, I've bought my ps4 this week. Neither Bloodborne nor The Last of Us, this was the game that made buy the console.

Fj0823

Geez. I remember when back in Tag Force 1 the AI opponent that gave me the most trouble was Disa and she used a Monarch deck and that game was released back in 2006.

Monarchs are one of those decks that simply refuse to die, they keep coming and coming always stronger

Tagyhag

Just got the game, it's a lot of fun so far, but man, doing the reserve decks in the campaign really puts you at a disadvantaged.

Also, I'm not used to Yugioh games being so generous with how much DP you get haha.

Sayah

Question for whoever can answer.

If I use Flash Fusion to summon Bloom Diva the Melodious Muse, would the monster still be destroyed during the end phase even though its effect prevents it otherwise?

Fj0823

Question for whoever can answer.

If I use Flash Fusion to summon Bloom Diva the Melodious Muse, would the monster still be destroyed during the end phase even though its effect prevents it otherwise?

My rulings might be rusty, but since the card says "destroy" then Bloom Diva is immune as she can't be destroyed by any card effect

Just got the game, it's a lot of fun so far, but man, doing the reserve decks in the campaign really puts you at a disadvantaged.

Also, I'm not used to Yugioh games being so generous with how much DP you get haha.

I think it's balanced by the horrible booster pack systems. No lists for the cards in each pack, no completion percent, and only, what was it, 24 boosters (+The battle packs) for something like 6000 cards. Yuck.

Tagyhag

I think it's balanced by the horrible booster pack systems. No lists for the cards in each pack, no completion percent, and only, what was it, 24 boosters (+The battle packs) for something like 6000 cards. Yuck.

Yeah I do miss the legit booster packs from previous games, that way I'd know generally what was in them without having to look it up online.

I didn't know how to use tuner/xyz/pendulum until this game (Short and simple tutorial). They seem fairly powerful and not difficult to summon. My question is, would a good deck have a combination of all 3? Or just focus on 1? Are fusion cards still worth anything?

Fj0823

Yeah I do miss the legit booster packs from previous games, that way I'd know generally what was in them without having to look it up online.

I didn't know how to use tuner/xyz/pendulum until this game (Short and simple tutorial). They seem fairly powerful and not difficult to summon. My question is, would a good deck have a combination of all 3? Or just focus on 1? Are fusion cards still worth anything?

Fusions are just as strong as any of the summons I mentioned before, look at the HERO, Gem-Knight and Shadoll cards.

As for combinations. Many decks (Like Shadoll) can combine all 3.

But others work better by focusing on one of the summons exclusively, or even none at all.

It really depends on the archtype and strategies you want to build

Kinda Off-Topic,in the anime department, ARC-V Episode 75 might be one of the best episodes in the franchise.

Tagyhag

Fusions are just as strong as any of the summons I mentioned before, look at the HERO, Gem-Knight and Shadoll cards.

As for combinations. Many decks (Like Shadoll) can combine all 3.

But others work better by focusing on one of the summons exclusively, or even none at all.

It really depends on the archtype and strategies you want to build

Kinda Off-Topic,in the anime department, ARC-V Episode 75 might be one of the best episodes in the franchise.

Awesome thanks, you get a good amount of deck slots so I'll build combinations and see what works.

I always enjoyed doing theme decks in TCG.

Fj0823

Sure, would it be similar to the story deck tournament?

Not really, In this case we will only allow cards that were used by the Character in the series.

Since I can't participate in the tournaments I would be the referee. this is how the tournament would work

1) Everyone of you will get a random character from a random series, that said I will make the Character roster as balanced as possible.

2) You guys make your homework on your character, and build a deck entirely based on that character, no staples no card game only support. every card you add must have at least 1 on screen appearance, (with 3 exceptions being the characters in Arc V who all use Hidden Arsenal archtypes)

You can't change your character, the idea is to get to familiarize you with series you haven't watched.

3) All decks will be reviewed by me via PM

Not really, In this case we will only allow cards that were used by the Character in the series.

Since I can't participate in the tournaments I would be the referee. this is how the tournament would work

1) Everyone of you will get a random character from a random series, that said I will make the Character roster as balanced as possible.

2) You guys make your homework on your character, and build a deck entirely based on that character, no staples no card game only support. every card you add must have at least 1 on screen appearance, (with 3 exceptions being the characters in Arc V who all use Hidden Arsenal archtypes)

You can't change your character, the idea is to get to familiarize you with series you haven't watched.

3) All decks will be reviewed by me via PM

That sounds great. Count me in.

Top Bottom