• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

JigsawX

Well the Melodious deck revolves all around the monsters special summoning each other to activate effects and combos so the first place you could look are cards that negate special summoning like Jowgen the Spiritualist. They are all Light attribute too I believe so you could go for anti Light cards like Ally of Justice Catastor before they're able to get a fusion off. The Aria/Elergy lock can be dealt with by cards that don't target or destroy such as Stellarknight Triverr which sends all other cards back to the hand when summoned. Stellarknights are DLC only right now but they should shut down Melodious pretty easily.

As for non-DLC decks, check out the Madolche Archetype as they have a card (Madolche Queen Tiaramisu) which shuffles cards back into the deck without targeting. Or if you want to vent your anger, you can always try one turn kill Exodia!

I got all this off of the Melodious wiki page so look there for more info.

Thank you!

Tenebrous

Sorry about the bump, but I didn't think it'd be that big of a deal seeing how the last post, and this is the logical place to post my question.

How is the online community for this game nowadays? I'm on the verge of buying a PS4 for
Bloodborne (&
This), after spending a while (alright, half an hour) looking for a decent TCG/CCG that isn't called Hearthstone. MTGO is still unfriendly to use & 15 years out of date despite the gameplay being great, while everything else I've tried in recent years is too limited... Shouldn't have that issue with a 6600 card pool, right?

Fj0823

Sorry about the bump, but I didn't think it'd be that big of a deal seeing how the last post, and this is the logical place to post my question.

How is the online community for this game nowadays? I'm on the verge of buying a PS4 for
Bloodborne (&
This), after spending a while (alright, half an hour) looking for a decent TCG/CCG that isn't called Hearthstone. MTGO is still unfriendly to use & 15 years out of date despite the gameplay being great, while everything else I've tried in recent years is too limited... Shouldn't have that issue with a 6600 card pool, right?

The game will be updated IIRC. Expect a nice bump in playerbase after that.

Beware the Performages though!!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The game will be updated IIRC. Expect a nice bump in playerbase after that.

Beware the Performages though!!

Doesn't look like there are many details on that, just a major update sometime during the winter. I assume they actually mean current winter (so, coming soon) and not next winter, that would be disappointing.

Probably a paid expansion and not a free update. Getting my PS4 next week, so I can't say what I'd like to see, but hopefully it's pretty meaty.

And the DLC appears to be some of the worst ever. Are they really charging $5 for one or two AI duels?

black070

Excuse the bump, but having glossed over the first season of Yugioh on Netflix over the past couple of weeks, I've been craving a good Yu-Gi-Oh game - should I jump on this one ?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Excuse the bump, but having glossed over the first season of Yugioh on Netflix over the past couple of weeks, I've been craving a good Yu-Gi-Oh game - should I jump on this one ?

Seems good to me so far, first Yugioh game in probably a decade. Plenty of single player duels, and while I haven't played online apparently it's solid too. And it's supposed to get a content update eventually, hopefully it's better priced than the awful DLC.

Only thing that really seems to be lacking is the presentation, but that's fine honestly. Deck editing could also be better but it's not too bad.

So guys, wanna put together a for fun tournament? No prizes, just best 2 out of 3 sets between 8/16 players.

Anything goes, first come first served unless we get more than 16, in which we will expand the tournament.

So guys, wanna put together a for fun tournament? No prizes, just best 2 out of 3 sets between 8/16 players.

Anything goes, first come first served unless we get more than 16, in which we will expand the tournament.

I'm in for sure but seeing how inactive this thread has been, can we even get 8 players, lol?

RIP DuelingNetwork ):

Yeah that sucks, DN has been my go to platform for trying out new cards recently. Guess I'll have to start using YGOPRO huh?

I'd be up for it. Though I haven't even booted up the game since the last tournament

Fj0823

All the images are removed for some reason?

Anyway, been meaning to get back into this game. Just not a fan of how waaaaay overpowered some decks are.

The anime guys (NAS) got salty and filed a C&D.

Konami was pretty ok with DN doing its thing. I think I recall Kevin Tewart calling it a necessary evil as it helped hype sets

Do we know when update will hit? I'd hate to start the tournament and then deal with an update that brings tons of new cards to the fold.

Mid April is probably the best time to do it to give people time to bring their decks up to par. But I would like to hear your guys thoughts.

Bowl0l

Do we know when update will hit? I'd hate to start the tournament and then deal with an update that brings tons of new cards to the fold.

Mid April is probably the best time to do it to give people time to bring their decks up to par. But I would like to hear your guys thoughts.
There is more updates incoming? I hope Arc V dlc gets a discount or a bundle before another dlc comes.

IIRC, the original press release stated winter so don't expect any updates soon. As for the tournament, mid April sounds fine to me. Will there be any special rules to this, or is it a best of 3 with a single deck type of deal?

One more question... How much offline game is there? If the servers go offline tomorrow, how much am I left with?

There is a campaign mode where you play through the major duels of the first four anime seasons (so Yugioh, GX, 5Ds and Zexal) with DLC for all of these and Arc V. For this, you can use either the pre built decks of the character you are playing as or a deck of your own creation.

Completing the campaign unlocks challenge duels where the opponent's decks are much more difficult (usually) to defeat. These are often archetype based so you may find an interesting deck for yourself here!

You can also play draft mode against the CPU where you draft a deck from a set of random cards given to you.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wasn't expecting this game to be so comprehensive when it comes to each series, I though this would be a case of maybe the core cast being represented but I boot up the GX scenario first and I see it covers quite a lot of ground, pretty cool though I wish the presentation was a bit better---the state of the dub though makes it seem difficult to get the voice actors back together though so I can see why there's no voices, but did you notice when the text wraps around when characters are talking the second line is on right? Such a glaring flaw and my eyes naturally skip over it, though I know the plot anyway so I skip through those scenes pretty fast so no biggie.

It did bug me though when I popped into Arc-V and saw it had a single fight against Gong---who started off using a Spell card despite never using them in the show.

Had a really rough time with the A.I. though, my first battles against Alexis went the same each time---I don't get any usable Elemental Hero Fusions, just either the Spell cards or the monsters, never the ones I need together, while Alexis gets her Fusion Monster out on the first turn and ruins my momentum. Took me like five tries to win.

I really like though how you get to use the character decks here, I'm not good at making Yu-Gi-Oh decks so it's nice to have decent pre-set themed decks to try out instead of hobbling together a rough deck like I usually do---in like Nightmare Troubadour I'd always make a Direct Damage deck with like Des Koala and Giant Germ and be cheap.

I really like though how you get to use the character decks here, I'm not good at making Yu-Gi-Oh decks so it's nice to have decent pre-set themed decks to try out instead of hobbling together a rough deck like I usually do---in like Nightmare Troubadour I'd always make a Direct Damage deck with like Des Koala and Giant Germ and be cheap.

Yeah the character decks are the biggest strength of this game. As someone who knew next to nothing about modern Yugioh when I played this game for the first time, the custom decks really helped teach the mechanics through each of the eras. Original Yugioh uses weaker cards but teaches the fundamentals while also being a great nostalgia trip. Then you get into GX, 5Ds and Zexal and the more intricate sides of the games are slowly introduced and before you know it, you're using 15 card extra decks with plenty of Synchros and Xyzs.

I do think the deck creator could be a bit more in depth though. I still have trouble creating interesting decks even with the deck recipes.

Man this game would bemefit a lot from an update...

It feels completely outdated and it's not even a year old.

Absolutely agree, I'm itching to play with some of the newer cards and archetypes. This update can't come soon enough.

Kouriozan

Hoping the update will go all the way to the end of the Synchro Dimension in Arc-V since they just started the XYZ one.
I remember me hoping to get at least the first season of Arc-V earlier in this thread when this was just released and I was still disappointed.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Had great luck with Alexis vs. Titan, I got out Messenger of Peace on the first turn and then drew all three Cyber Tutu---he couldn't do anything while I did 3000 Direct each turn.

Otherwise the GX story mode is killing me, Jaden's deck really sucks here.

Stuart444

Had great luck with Alexis vs. Titan, I got out Messenger of Peace on the first turn and then drew all three Cyber Tutu---he couldn't do anything while I did 3000 Direct each turn.

Otherwise the GX story mode is killing me, Jaden's deck really sucks here.

Really? I think Jaden's deck is awesome. Really enjoying his Elemental Hero deck.

But I've been watching YGO GX and then replaying the story mode. Anime helped me understand his deck better compared to when I first went through the GX story mode >.>

Stuart444

So I can't seem to find an answer for this.

I've been using "The Stellerknight" Yuto deck that comes with one of the ARC-V DLC. And it works well enough but sometimes Xyz summons don't work or they can't attack right away while other times they can.

ie Sometimes when I have two monsters on the field that are the same level, I can't summon my Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon even though I have 2 monsters that are level 4 on the field. Nothing on the Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon says anything that makes me think it wouldn't work.

Similarly, when I am able to summon, sometimes, I can't attack the same turn even though there is no effect on the field to stop me or anything on the card that says I can't. While other times I can attack on the same turn without an issue.

Looking around and I can't see anything in the Xyz rules that says anything about this so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone knows.

Fj0823

So I can't seem to find an answer for this.

I've been using "The Stellerknight" Yuto deck that comes with one of the ARC-V DLC. And it works well enough but sometimes Xyz summons don't work or they can't attack right away while other times they can.

ie Sometimes when I have two monsters on the field that are the same level, I can't summon my Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon even though I have 2 monsters that are level 4 on the field. Nothing on the Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon says anything that makes me think it wouldn't work.

Similarly, when I am able to summon, sometimes, I can't attack the same turn even though there is no effect on the field to stop me or anything on the card that says I can't. While other times I can attack on the same turn without an issue.

Looking around and I can't see anything in the Xyz rules that says anything about this so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone knows.

I believe some Tellarknight cards have the restriction that you can only special summon "-tellarknight" monsters during the turn.

Stuart444

I believe some Tellarknight cards have the restriction that you can only special summon "-tellarknight" monsters during the turn.

Huh, maybe that's it. will keep an eye next time.

What about the Xyz card being unable to attack sometimes when it is summoned but other times, it can attack the same turn it is summoned. That I just don't get either.

edit: I think I figured it out. I need to pay better attention to what monsters I'm using. SatellerKnight Altair says that other monsters you control apart from "Tellerknight" monsters when I summon him. I guess that includes if I use him as an overlay for an Xyz monster.

Now I need to figure out what cards I don't use much and see if I can find better fits for me when I'm using this deck.

Dahbomb

Got into this a few days ago and am enjoying myself especially playing through the campaign and fighting in the classic anime matches using those bad decks (beating these bosses with Joey'a garbagio deck is a challenge enough). The amount of cards you can get is staggering, already nearing 2000 cards. Game seems to be pretty active online too.

Fj0823

Got into this a few days ago and am enjoying myself especially playing through the campaign and fighting in the classic anime matches using those bad decks (beating these bosses with Joey'a garbagio deck is a challenge enough). The amount of cards you can get is staggering, already nearing 2000 cards. Game seems to be pretty active online too.

Really? Most of the time I get the "No games available" message.

Sayah

So I booted up the game and it's installing an update right now that's 312 MB large. Any details of what this update consists of?

Juan

This game is so much fun! I play it everyday with friends, very good one.

I also play online but I wish they could put a setting to chosse against which type of players you want to play, like choosing your favorite season, because I really don't appreciate how players abuse the use of xyz monsters.

Those cards are way to easy to use with way too powerful effect without counter, it's only about who will summon their xyz monster first. That ruins part of the game to me.

Of course, I'm an old time player, who grow up with the first season (and the second).

Fj0823

This game is so much fun! I play it everyday with friends, very good one.

I also play online but I wish they could put a setting to chosse against which type of players you want to play, like choosing your favorite season, because I really don't appreciate how players abuse the use of xyz monsters.

Those cards are way to easy to use with way too powerful effect without counter, it's only about who will summon their xyz monster first. That ruins part of the game to me.

Of course, I'm an old time player, who grow up with the first season (and the second).

Effect Veiler, Solemn Warning, Breakthrough Skill and Fiendish Chain are good counters to Monster Effects.

Juan

Effect Veiler, Solemn Warning, Breakthrough Skill and Fiendish Chain are good counters to Monster Effects.

I will try to find those cards, (I think it won't fit in my deck) but has a player using "only" 1st gen cards, it is a bit messy to go online haha.

Sayah

So I booted up the game and it's installing an update right now that's 312 MB large. Any details of what this update consists of?

This was a PSN update - not an update for the game - and ever since it got installed, the game often freezes in matches online. Apparently, this isn't limited to Yugioh and occurs in other PSN downloadable games as well.

Wonderful! I've been looking for an excuse to get back into this. Hopefully I can still build a somewhat capable Sylvan deck!

Edit: Ok, I've managed to open at least 1 of each card from the DLC. If anyone wants to know if a card is in or not, ask and I'll have a check. I can confirm that a lot of cards are still missing, namely the high end Kozmo cards aka Dark Destroyer, Tin can, Kozmotown and Farmgirl + all of the Speedroids and D/Ds. I'm guessing they'll be going in packs that will be added later since there are spaces for at least two more in the card shop.

Top Bottom